Patriots sign DT Andre Neblett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Patriots sign DT Andre Neblett

Patriots sign DT Andre Neblett

October, 9, 2013
    Oct 9
    10:52
    AM ET
    The New England Patriots signed veteran defensive tackle Andre Neblett on Wednesday, the team announced.

Neblett, originally an undrafted free agent out of Temple in 2010, was with the Panthers from 2010-2012 and spent this preseason with the Buccaneers. He was previously brought in by the Patriots for a workout.

Neblett, 6-foot and 310 pounds, gives the Patriots an additional body along the interior of the defensive line, where they played their first game without Vince Wilfork in Week 5. The team had just three defensive tackles on the roster before signing Neblett, and veteran Tommy Kelly was banged-up in Week 5 with a knee injury.

The 25-year old Neblett has 40 career tackles and three sacks to his name.

The Patriots also filled out their practice squad by re-signing defensive back Kanorris Davis and linebacker Ja'Gared Davis.

Each player was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster on Saturday in advance of the team's Week 5 game in Cincinnati. They were subsequently waived on Monday and cleared through waivers on Tuesday, making them free agents.

Kanorris Davis played 21 special-teams snaps against the Bengals, while Ja'Gared Davis logged six special-teams snaps.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Patriots sign DT Andre Neblett

Sweet! Finally using that extra cap space....lol

Im just happy they finally brought in a body. We are pretty thin and hopefully this doesnt mean Kelly is down for a while. I will say BB seems to have found a couple of hard working lunch pail guys in Vellano and Jones, and they will help, but they are subpackage rush defensive tackles who use quckness to shoot gaps. Against the run, we have to blitz our backers or we are toast up the middle. lets hope this guy plays bigger on the line than they do. Teams will still run it down your throat if you let him despite this being a pass era.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Does anybody no anything about this guy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

Does anybody no anything about this guy?

Yep he went undrafted and  the last team he was with was the Bucs.  Not gonna find much on this jag.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the move speaks volumes about what the Pats have seen on the PS from Fortson and Francis...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think the move speaks volumes about what the Pats have seen on the PS from Fortson and Francis...

Apparently, it might have more to do with the fact that Kelly was not seen at the start of practice today...

DT Tommy Kelly not at practice
    October, 9, 2013
    Oct 911:15AM ETBy Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com Recommend0Tweet0Comments0EmailPrintFOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Veteran defensive tackle Tommy Kelly, who left Sunday's loss to the Bengals with a right knee injury and didn't return, was not present for the start of practice Wednesday.

This highlights why the Patriots signed free-agent defensive tackle Andre Neblett on Wednesday, as depth is thin at the position, especially after the club lost veteran Vince Wilfork to a season-ending Achilles injury on Sept. 29.

After Sunday's game, Kelly said everything was good with the knee, and he walked out of the stadium under his own power and no noticeable limp.

After Kelly, the Patriots have rookies Joe Vellano and Chris Jones, along with Neblett, at defensive tackle.

Also at practice Wednesday, rookie defensive end Michael Buchanan and veteran running back Leon Washington (ankle) were not spotted.

Running back Stevan Ridley was back at practice after missing all of last week, and Sunday's game, with a knee injury.

Players were in shorts and light shoulder pads.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIJB8krvjSU

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Whats up w/Leon??? He was out like 2 months with a thigh injury and then returns back and gets in ONE kickoff and is back out with an ankle injury?? When did this guy become so fragile?? We could have used him Sunday. I thought he would have helped. I think we may need a trade. If Ridley is down...we are thin and Vareen is gonna be rusty when he returns.

When I broke MY wrist, I removed the cast 8 weeks later and my wrist had shrunk half the size and I had to work real hard to get it back to normal...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Not sure what to think of someone who does not have actual game clips (NFL or college) on youtube.

Does anyone have any information that will suggest he's better than Vellano?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Another empty jersey from the Temple program.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Another empty jersey from the Temple program.

What exactly are you saying? Are you saying he was nobody from Temple? Or are you saying Temple is not a program anyone should be sourcing NFL players from?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Whats up w/Leon??? He was out like 2 months with a thigh injury and then returns back and gets in ONE kickoff and is back out with an ankle injury?? When did this guy become so fragile?? We could have used him Sunday. I thought he would have helped. I think we may need a trade. If Ridley is down...we are thin and Vareen is gonna be rusty when he returns.

When I broke MY wrist, I removed the cast 8 weeks later and my wrist had shrunk half the size and I had to work real hard to get it back to normal...

8 WEEKS?

Wow.  Afraid to take the cast off?

Mine was 4 with some 2 week rehab to get it back into normal motion again, with some weakness.

Gronk's situation is absolutely bizarre.

Different strokes I guess. Im no doctor. I was 13 y/o. I Broke it playing real football, street, no pads. What am I gonna do tell the doctor 8 weeks is too long? Im sure its because you are just a bigger, stronger guy than I am.

In terms of Gronks situation. I know you seem to think he is being a wuss and listening to his father, but hey...Should he not? Should he believe that BB has his best interest in mind or does BB want to see Krafts money on the field, making plays? The guy got hurt last year when he came back too early most likely at the request of THEIR team doctors and he had to have surgery 5 times?  Im sorry If I agree with Gronk. Thats his Life. He may damage a nerve and never have movement in it. Football is a game. In light of Fanene and that drama, gronk is doing the right thing. When we need him is in the postseason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

8 WEEKS?

Mine was 4 with some 2 week rehab to get it back into normal motion again, with some weakness.

Different strokes I guess. Im no doctor. I was 13 y/o. I Broke it playing real football, street, no pads. What am I gonna do tell the doctor 8 weeks is too long? Im sure its because you are just a bigger, stronger guy than I am.

In terms of Gronks situation. I know you seem to think he is being a wuss and listening to his father, but hey...Should he not? Should he believe that BB has his best interest in mind or does BB want to see Krafts money on the field, making plays? The guy got hurt last year when he came back too early most likely at the request of THEIR team doctors and he had to have surgery 5 times?  Im sorry If I agree with Gronk. Thats his Life. He may damage a nerve and never have movement in it. Football is a game. In light of Fanene and that drama, gronk is doing the right thing. When we need him is in the postseason.

[/QUOTE]

Reports are that the Pats are "expecting Gonk to be released to play against the Saints".

One could conclude that he has  NOT been  previously released to play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

8 WEEKS?

Reports are that the Pats are "expecting Gonk to be released to playagainst the Saints".

"gonk"?

Please keep your nicknames for your Brady dolls to yourself. Now go "gonk" yourself.

Ha! Aborroration as you spelled it last night,

Not released to play.  Deal with it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

Stop calling him Fortson. It's annoying. It's Forston.  You claim to know everything, be at practice everyday and all this, and you can't even pronounce the kid's name right.

[/QUOTE]

I havent been at a practice in weeks...ESPN hasnt had any Pats games yet...our group has been focusing on the Sox the past 4-5 weeks...

When I did see these guys over the summer, they were all numbers...no names.

I will learn his name when he gets off the PS...he is on his 3rd year, and still is passed over by Niblett

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

8 WEEKS?

Reports are that the Pats are "expecting Gonk to be released to playagainst the Saints".

"gonk"?

Please keep your nicknames for your Brady dolls to yourself. Now go "gonk" yourself.

Ha! Aborroration as you spelled it last night,

Not released to play.  Deal with it

[/QUOTE]

I believe it was a typo on "corroborate", not "aborroration". Sniffing glue is not recommended, Pizzdispenser.

[/QUOTE]

So now you are cherry picking TYPOS?  Get a clue, a life and put down that bottle.

Post next years cap hell figures, yet?  Still waiting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

^Still waiting to see where you got your premise of "49 players at 122 million on the books".

The fact you are so afraid to show us where these numbers come from, is absolutely priceless for the board.

They see YOU as a troll, refusing to come forward, Pizzdispenser.

Well, it's already been posted by someone who is not brain dead.  You lose, as usual.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Sweet! Finally using that extra cap space....lol

Im just happy they finally brought in a body. We are pretty thin and hopefully this doesnt mean Kelly is down for a while. I will say BB seems to have found a couple of hard working lunch pail guys in Vellano and Jones, and they will help, but they are subpackage rush defensive tackles who use quckness to shoot gaps. Against the run, we have to blitz our backers or we are toast up the middle. lets hope this guy plays bigger on the line than they do. Teams will still run it down your throat if you let him despite this being a pass era.

we didn't have much depth, did we?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stop calling him Fortson. It's annoying. It's Forston.  You claim to know everything, be at practice everyday and all this, and you can't even pronounce the kid's name right.

[/QUOTE]

I havent been at a practice in weeks...ESPN hasnt had any Pats games yet...our group has been focusing on the Sox the past 4-5 weeks...

When I did see these guys over the summer, they were all numbers...no names.

I will learn his name when he gets off the PS...he is on his 3rd year, and still is passed over by Niblett

[/QUOTE]

We;ve learned your name RKrap.

Enjoying your 4-1 (should be 5-0 Pats if Brady better) this year, Krap?

[/QUOTE]

very much so. I always have a great time at the game, weather permitting. it is a family affair for us. what about you? you must be ecstatic that your Jets are 3-2 even though you lost your bet they would not win again after the 2nd win.

did you see your Jets will have about $40M in cap space next year? think they go after Talib and Edelman?

you never answered my question on the Denver game or the Panthers game? do you want to reach into your pocket, take the lint out, and buy my tickets for either of those 2 games?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Ain't that the truth.  There are some delusional posters who think they know everything and think opinion = fact. In addition, we need Gronk fully healthy and in game shape for the playoffs.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

^Still waiting to see where you got your premise of "49 players at 122 million on the books".

The fact you are so afraid to show us where these numbers come from, is absolutely priceless for the board.

Well, it's already been posted by someone who is not brain dead.  You lose, as usual.

[/QUOTE]

perhaps you refer to my other post?

Pro, there is no such thing as "cap hell", as I explained back in March when I bludgeoned Rusty in our Jets/salary bet..

Rusty, I didnt realize Spotrac was a "Jets dork"

Pro is on the money, according to Spotrac, the Pats have their top 51 players on the books for 2014 at $112.2M and dead money of $8.5M...to total $120.7M against the 2014 cap

This does not account for free agents Talib, Spikes, Svitek, Washington, Edelman, Blount, Fletcher, Aiken, Cole, Mulligan

There are some salaries that could be redone. Vince is on the books at $11.6, and if cut, the team takes on $3.6M in dead money. Mankins on the books at $10.5M and if cut the team takes on $8M in dead money. Ghots $3.8/$800K. Gregory $3.1M/$800K. On the flip side, some one like Mayo is on the books at $7.6M, but if cut, the team takes a cap hit of $9.6M.

I dont recall the PAts being this tight against the cap in recent memory....

Just to compare, because Rusty loves to discuss his favorite team, the Jets, who he has labeled in "salary cap hell" maybe 500 times in the past 6 months, they have a 2014 cap number of $99M (inluding only 16K in dead money)...the figure of $99M does INCLUDE Sanchez and Holmes...assuming both are cut, the team creates another $16.5M in salary cap space....

The Jets could be looking at $40M in cap space in 2014

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

perhaps you refer to my other post?

Pro, there is no such thing as "cap hell", as I explained back in March when I bludgeoned Rusty in our Jets/salary bet..

Rusty, I didnt realize Spotrac was a "Jets dork"

Pro is on the money, according to Spotrac, the Pats have their top 51 players on the books for 2014 at $112.2M and dead money of $8.5M...to total $120.7M against the 2014 cap

This does not account for free agents Talib, Spikes, Svitek, Washington, Edelman, Blount, Fletcher, Aiken, Cole, Mulligan

There are some salaries that could be redone. Vince is on the books at $11.6, and if cut, the team takes on $3.6M in dead money. Mankins on the books at $10.5M and if cut the team takes on $8M in dead money. Ghots $3.8/$800K. Gregory $3.1M/$800K. On the flip side, some one like Mayo is on the books at $7.6M, but if cut, the team takes a cap hit of $9.6M.

I dont recall the PAts being this tight against the cap in recent memory....

Just to compare, because Rusty loves to discuss his favorite team, the Jets, who he has labeled in "salary cap hell" maybe 500 times in the past 6 months, they have a 2014 cap number of $99M (inluding only 16K in dead money)...the figure of $99M does INCLUDE Sanchez and Holmes...assuming both are cut, the team creates another $16.5M in salary cap space....

The Jets could be looking at $40M in cap space in 2014

[/QUOTE]

Yup, that would be one of them,

Scary to think Talib will probably go to the Jets because the Pats have no available cap next year. SO sad!