Patriots sign WR Lavelle Hawkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Patriots sign WR Lavelle Hawkins

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/09/patriots-reach-deal-with-ex-titans-wr-lavelle-hawkins/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Patriots sign WR Lavelle Hawkins

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/09/patriots-reach-deal-with-ex-titans-wr-lavelle-hawkins/

interesting that it is a 2 year deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Camp competition.  Not terribly productive. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats must be with holding some not so good news regarding Jones health.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

interesting that it is a 2 year deal. 

Jones got 3 years with nothing guaranteed.  No harm in getting some cheap extra years if the guy works out and they can still cut the cord for nothing if he doesn't.  I'd be surprised if this guy made the team though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is there any definitive source on what this guy's deal is?  I mean I remember reading he had an "illness" that ended his season last year or something, but it's been pretty quiet as far as I can tell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Woohoo.... yawn !!!   Another "value" signing ??  Is this even worthy news or post?

He wont make the team,  Jones wont make the team, Jenkins won't make the team.

Edelman is hurt, Hernandez s comming off shoulder auyrgery, Gronkwoski is having issues with his forearm, Amendola will get hurt in mini-camp.  Boyce has a broken foot.  Dobson must have some unkown ailement that we dont know about yet... it's a prerequesite as a BB draftee of FA signing.

I feel bad for Brady... they're wasting is last years wth fragile players or has beens or never will be's.  

BB is betting on all the TE's and Wr's getting and staying healthy... if that doesn't happen this passing attack is in serious trouble

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Titans signed him to 3/$7.2. They must have seen something? Hard to be productive with Titans OL and Locker leading the offense

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Is there any definitive source on what this guy's deal is?  I mean I remember reading he had an "illness" that ended his season last year or something, but it's been pretty quiet as far as I can tell.

Kidneys. Bills shut him down with 4 weeks left in the season and never offered him a contract

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

strange signings indeed. Is BB trying to break the record for most players in camp? Maybe its another body to compete while Edleman works out his latest ailment. I remember this kid from Cincy. Nothing special so I cant see why the 2 year deal unless they are frustrated with Eds and this kid offers punt return ability.....oh well. More the merrier I guess. Tom is gonna have to put in a lot of work with all these new options. Im sure he would rather Gronk is healthy but maybe its a blessing in disguise

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Kidneys. Bills shut him down with 4 weeks left in the season and never offered him a contract

Was it ever confirmed that this was the cause?  He had that kidney issue coming out of college and it didn't seem to be an issue his first 2 years.  I can't even find anything that says what is wrong with his kidneys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

OMG INSTANT HOF!!!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rxmsg's comment:

BB is betting on all the TE's and Wr's getting and staying healthy... if that doesn't happen this passing attack is in serious trouble

The Pats will have a top 5 passing attack this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Woohoo.... yawn !!!   Another "value" signing ??  Is this even worthy news or post?

Edelman is hurt, Hernandez s comming off shoulder auyrgery, Gronkwoski is having issues with his forearm, Amendola will get hurt in mini-camp.  Boyce has a broken foot.  Dobson must have some unkown ailement that we dont know about yet... it's a prerequesite as a BB draftee of FA signing.

I feel bad for Brady... they're wasting is last years wth fragile players or has beens or never will be's.  

The sad thing about your post is there isn't much that can be argued against it.  This has been my opinion since they let Welker get away and didn't bring in a good vet medium to deep threat.  That's all they needed to really do, resign Welker and bring in an experienced medium to deep threat and work on the defense.  Instead they retool the entire WR position, with the exception of Edelman.  I'm trying to be optimistic but dang, hard to do when you see so many injuries already and a bunch of less talented no names brought in. 

At least we still have TFB who will continue to carry the team on his back regardless who is there.  However, TFB nor no other all time great QB can do it or has led a team to SB victory all by himself.  I don't recall the 49'ers ever asking Montana to do it all himself or carry a coaches system type offense to the promise land without good and great talent.  They surrounded Montana with very good and some great players to help him.  That's what isn't happening here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Guys it's a camp body, the 88th man. Nothing to get excited about or to get annoyed about. Every team finds camp bodies like this to fill a 90man roster. Considering they have 3 rooks, which all 3 have a good shot at making the team adding a vet to compete makes sense. I mean if you buy enough $1 lotto tickets you are bound to win a couple bucks back on a couple and every so often you hit something. Now it's a bit of an unfair comparison because in the end it's only wasting Krafts money if they are dumped and the amount paid in camp compared to a full season is like paying a dime for a $1 ticket but their hit rate at getting at least what they spent is about right.

BTW Rkarp, if the Titans saw anything in him they wouldn't have let him go for that little money

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Was it ever confirmed that this was the cause?  He had that kidney issue coming out of college and it didn't seem to be an issue his first 2 years.  I can't even find anything that says what is wrong with his kidneys.

my understanding is that it was cfmd...which is why Buff did not offer, and why the Pats had zero guaranteed...one may like or not like Jones, but he was fairly productive last year, and should have signed with some one for some type of guarantee. Even the Bills drafted what, 3 WRS's? SOmething must be up with his health.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

There is a reference on the National Kidney Foundation Facebook page (thank you google) that says Jones has something called lgA nephropathy.

Description here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IgA_nephropathy

It appears the main symptoms are pissing blood and upper respiratory infections.  Some people have kidney failure much later in life.  I wonder what is up with Jones that would cause him to be IR'ed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The sad thing about your post is there isn't much that can be argued against it.  This has been my opinion since they let Welker get away and didn't bring in a good vet medium to deep threat.  That's all they needed to really do, resign Welker and bring in an experienced medium to deep threat and work on the defense.  Instead they retool the entire WR position, with the exception of Edelman.  I'm trying to be optimistic but dang, hard to do when you see so many injuries already and a bunch of less talented no names brought in. 

At least we still have TFB who will continue to carry the team on his back regardless who is there.  However, TFB nor no other all time great QB can do it or has led a team to SB victory all by himself.  I don't recall the 49'ers ever asking Montana to do it all himself or carry a coaches system type offense to the promise land without good and great talent.  They surrounded Montana with very good and some great players to help him.  That's what isn't happening here.

The Forty-Niners did not have to worry about free agency or a salary cap.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

poor brady having to throw to two of the best tight ends in the league, and amendola......get a clue.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Guys it's a camp body, the 88th man. Nothing to get excited about or to get annoyed about. Every team finds camp bodies like this to fill a 90man roster. Considering they have 3 rooks, which all 3 have a good shot at making the team adding a vet to compete makes sense. I mean if you buy enough $1 lotto tickets you are bound to win a couple bucks back on a couple and every so often you hit something. Now it's a bit of an unfair comparison because in the end it's only wasting Krafts money if they are dumped and the amount paid in camp compared to a full season is like paying a dime for a $1 ticket but their hit rate at getting at least what they spent is about right.

BTW Rkarp, if the Titans saw anything in him they wouldn't have let him go for that little money

The way the Pats make signings, I didnt realize 3/$7.2 was such little money (more than AWilson signed for)

Will be interesting to see what the Pats offered....

C/B the guy is competition for Washington in the return game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

like this signing - a LOT

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

poor brady having to throw to two of the best tight ends in the league, and amendola......get a clue.

Well it looks like you need the clue, Rusty Jr.  Gronk and Hern were on the field for 1 game last year.  They also BOTH lost time the year before and are injured NOW!  Amandola missed 20 in 2 years and has played one full season in his career. ... Boyce injured, Jones injured, Edelman injured, a 68 yr old bottle of molasses.  Glad you see winners because the rest of us see hot tubs, casts, stretchers and walking boots.

What happens when NONE are on the field together next year?

Where are the play makers of yester year?  Wasn't there a cap then too?

We don't even know if there is a #1 on this team.  Are we now counting on guys that never played a NFL snap to be THAT guy?

Play makers win games, not guys more likely to catch a cold from getting in and out of the hot tub, than they are to catch a pass.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Well it looks like you need the clue, Rusty Jr.  Gronk and Hern were on the field for 1 game last year.  They also BOTH lost time the year before and are injured NOW!  Amandola missed 20 in 2 years and has played one full season in his career. ... Boyce injured, Jones injured, Edelman injured, a 68 yr old bottle of molasses.  Glad you see winners because the rest of us see hot tubs, casts, stretchers and walking boots.

What happens when NONE are on the field together next year?

Where are the play makers of yester year?  Wasn't there a cap then too?

We don't even know if there is a #1 on this team.  Are we now counting on guys that never played a NFL snap to be THAT guy?

Play makers win games, not guys more likely to catch a cold from getting in and out of the hot tub, than they are to catch a pass.

This just in. Pats trade 2014 first round pick for two 2014 3's and a 4 and a 1st in 2019. Pats claim the playmakers are in the mid rounds next year, but in 2019 the draft looks top heavy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Hawkins also has special teams value so that will help his chances a lot. 

Sections
Shortcuts