Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

woot Molasses Mike.... well at least it's a vet body for camp?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I thought he was really good in Atlanta....no QB in MN. More of a short to mid rec and at 6'4" + ya gotta like that. Lloyd aint walkin' thru that door..............

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

He is big.  Isn't that that what people have been clamoring for around here?  Believe it or not there aren't many guys with that kind of size and 4.4 speed.  If we signed a fast guy there would be complaints that he is too short...

Moss was one of a kind and frankly anyone approaching that talent level is not in our budget.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I thought he was really good in Atlanta....no QB in MN. More of a short to mid rec and at 6'4" + ya gotta like that. Lloyd aint walkin' thru that door..............

I'd rather had a younger Nelson or Ramses with upside. But, it doesn't matter as his contract most likely is vet min and won't even count against the cap in camp so he's at bare minimum a body. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

He is big.  Isn't that that what people have been clamoring for around here?  Believe it or not there aren't many guys with that kind of size and 4.4 speed.  If we signed a fast guy there would be complaints that he is too short...

Moss was one of a kind and frankly anyone approaching that talent level is not in our budget.

don't need a fast big guy but how about one that can outrun Brady?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

BB bottom feeding again !!!  He's gotten away with this MO for years because of TB... once TB retires bottom feeding will not work.

Will the Pats ever give Brady a quality deep threat receiver (Moss not withsatnding)??

This is getting old folks !!!    BB will trip over dollar to pick up a penney !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'd rather had a younger Nelson or Ramses with upside. But, it doesn't matter as his contract most likely is vet min and won't even count against the cap in camp so he's at bare minimum a body.

Ramses is even slower than Jenkins.  Nelson's 40 time is faster, but not THAT much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In any event I think if Jenkins makes the team he might be able to give us 400-700 yards and some size in the RZ.  At the very least we know he can play even if his upside isn't super high.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Ramses is even slower than Jenkins.  Nelson's 40 time is faster, but not THAT much.

Not sure about that. Jenkins has gotten even slower then when he was with Atl. I've seen him get chased down from behind by DT's. Either way not sure he makes it out of camp but at least he's a body. He won't count against the top 51 if it is a vet min contract so it's a good move just to see if he has anything left. Just wish if they were going vet min big guy they'd look a little younger with more upside

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

One day, maybe, there will be a thread about a WR without someone mentioning Randy Moss.  Someday before I die there may even be one without him being alluded to. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

One day, maybe, there will be a thread about a WR without someone mentioning Randy Moss.  Someday before I die there may even be one without him being alluded to. 

never going to happen. Even when someone doesn't compare a guy to Moss someone will tell them to stop comparing them to Moss.

For me I'd rather a Boldin type. a 4.5-4.6 guy with size is good enough for me

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty spin coming in 3.....2......1.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Gregg Jennings would have fixed our WR dilema quite nicely......yeah like that was going to happen !!!   Better to bring in 12 WR's to camp.... throw them against the wall and if we're lucky one will stick.....   Galloway, Ochostinko ring a bell ?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sorry TFB and rxmsg, this time I actually believe this is a good signing because they need camp bodies and he doesn't eat up any cap space. It's just the typical camp body signing who has had decent production in the past to see if he can do anything with the team. I don't think he'll make it out of camp but if he ends up being the #3 WR then we can get mad over this one. Actually imo if Nelson and Ramses both go for min deals and the Pats stick with this guy I'd be pissed but to me this is just a fill the roster camp move at this point. Though it is a bit odd making it right now since no team in the league was showing interest in the guy. They could have got him at any point so I'm hoping this isn't a sign they are done with signings until something significant happens (ie April 19th for Sanders deadline)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Does this list scare anyone?    For crying out loud !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rxmsg's comment:

Scares the hell out of me!!!  or did you mean scare D's  >.>

that looks better though

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No question about it, BB simply doesn't get it.  He needs to be signing more all-pros; I mean what was he thinking?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

No question about it, BB simply doesn't get it.  He needs to be signing more all-pros; I mean what was he thinking?

Wouldn't say all-pro's but how about players that have starting capability as well as the ability to stay on the field?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Or... just maybe BB is ahead of the curve... maybe it's a TE league now..seeing how he had every breathing TE in camp last year.  Who needs WR's  ????

What a waste of Brady's career.... as great as TB has been could you  imagine if he actually had real honest to goodness WR's all these years.... instead of midgets and has beens?

No disrespect to Wes, Dion , Troy and the like but boy... what could have been !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I feel your pain, TFB!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I feel your pain, TFB!!

That sums it all up don't it??!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

As others have said, a cheap training camp body who has experience.

A longshot to make the team but maybe some injury insurance.

Arguably no one was thinner at WR than the Vikes and they moved on.

Sections
Shortcuts