Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re: Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

To Alfred:HERE HERE OUTSTANDING!

If you can't stand the heat folks......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We needed a possession receiver who can post up and fight for balls. We needed height. We needed a veteran with a better chance at picking up the play book. This is a good signing.

Heck what am I talking about? We should have signed Barry sanders...it's obvious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

alfred-e-bob-nemier

You can stay with your own standard of what is decent and acceptable behavior in all aspect of life and hang with those who  share your sentiment. And I'll stay with mine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

sounds good, but there is no report of it anywhere

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Good low risk body to bring in to camp to compete at the outside "run sprints" position that David Patten made a career out of.  Tall, fast, might translate to a surprise player in this system.  Bring in every player who fits this mold and see who sticks, one is all you need with a bunch of lightning quick smurfs and big tight ends, thats our system, that's what we need.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

We needed a possession receiver who can post up and fight for balls. We needed height. We needed a veteran with a better chance at picking up the play book. This is a good signing.

Heck what am I talking about? We should have signed Barry sanders...it's obvious.

How about Barry White??  Oh, wait a minute...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

He meant Barry Manilow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to rxmsg's comment:

Does this list scare anyone?    For crying out loud !!!!

America's Least Wanted List - glad Kraft is saving those Brady extension sheckles!  Oi Vey!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

He meant Barry Manilow.

Not Barry Williams?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Agree, impossible to predict who gets hurt and who doesnt.

Of course it's impossible but when you have a billion dollar franchise to coach wouldn't you take into consideration all these injuries?  I mean the odds of all of them or the very least a couple of them getting hurt and missing games this season is not in the Pats favor, based on their prior seasons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

Tells you all you need to know.

"The Minnesota Vikings have an obvious priority for the offseason: add wide receivers."

"But he will turn 30 in June, and even before the knee injury he wasn't fast enough to be the reliable field-stretching receiver the Vikings have lacked for a long time on the outside"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9018988/minnesota-vikings-cut-michael-jenkins-saving-more-3m

Maybe they are going to play him in the Slot and Amendola at the X. Also when Mike came out of College he ran a 4.3 40 I don't profess to know what he's able to run now but at one time he was a burner.

He ran a best of 4.6 before the knee injury. He's never been a field stretcher.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I would have brougth back Randy Moss instead. Geez BB must be having a Goerge Constanza kinda day. Doing the complete opposite of what he's needs. gets an old slow WR, when we need a young fast one, at least he's tall. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Gregg Jennings would have fixed our WR dilema quite nicely......yeah like that was going to happen !!!   Better to bring in 12 WR's to camp.... throw them against the wall and if we're lucky one will stick.....   Galloway, Ochostinko ring a bell ?

I agree 100%-this is OLD!!! Bring in a bunch of camp fodder that will either be injured or cut by Sept 7th - Pats did the same thing with CBs last few years and it didn't work--just PAY for someone that you know can play and stretch the field-this aint rocket science!!!! Trade for Sanders from Pitt for a 3rd rounder-he's proven and can stretch the field. If you draft a receiver there's a chance he will not be able to transisition to the pros and you still have the hole.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Heck, I would have just paid a bit extra and picked up Heyward-Bey and been done with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Bring in every player who fits this mold and see who sticks, one is all you need with a bunch of lightning quick smurfs and big tight ends, thats our system, that's what we need."

I agree to a point. Pats have had a decent offseason but I'd like to see just a bit more urgency. It feels like a five year plan mindset whereas I have a 2-3 year window (with Brady still a near-peak level) in mind. 

That said the offseason is not over, I just have a slightly weird feeling about the pace of the signings, but we'll see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Can we stop with the panic. The first four targets are going to be Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola, and Jones as it stands currently.

. . . 

There are only going to be so many footballs to go around and the Gronka and Hernandez are going to see a ton, unlike the 2007 TE's.

While this is true . . . and generally the Pats aren't going to have more than two or three WRs on the field at any one time anyway, there is some benefit to having different guys with different skills who you can mix and match in different formations, packages, and plays to create different challenges for the defense and different types of match ups.  I think we've suffered the last few years from having the same four receivers on the field nearly every play.  Just as on defense, where you want to have multiple sub packages with different types of players depending on down and situation, on offense you want to have different packages of eligible runner/receivers to create different looks for the defense.  Today's NFL isn't like the 1970s where the same five eligibles lined up in the pro set every down.  Now you need to be able to present multiple packages of players in multiple formations to keep defenses off balance.  Ideally, we have at least three or four WRs who get regular playing time, along with two or three TEs, and two or three RBs.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Good low risk body to bring in to camp to compete at the outside "run sprints" position that David Patten made a career out of.  Tall, fast, might translate to a surprise player in this system.  Bring in every player who fits this mold and see who sticks, one is all you need with a bunch of lightning quick smurfs and big tight ends, thats our system, that's what we need.

you do realize his nickname is molasses for a reason right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[quote]

In response to wozzy's comment:

you do realize his nickname is molasses for a reason right?

[/quote]

Maybe I am jumping the gun here. Don't judge a book by it's cover!  Maybe he can surprise us!!

Hahaha!  Just kidding.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

With all that molasses, Kraft can save a bundle on stickum . . .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Does this list scare anyone?    For crying out loud !!!!

I feel your pain, TFB!!

That sums it all up don't it??!!

Does he do that after GOD AWFUl INTs when he throws 45 times in January and February replete with 2 INTs and mindnumblingly DUMB decisions, or is he more concerned about vacationing with Welkie and the Hooters wife?

What's getting old is pink helmet morons who think Brady has to have a superstar WR, 1-5, so they can feel all warm and cuddly inside all summer long so Brady can pad his stats another regular season only to channel a cross between Jay Cutler and Tony Romo in January.

So what's your grand idea today Russ? Trade Brady for Matt Flynn?