Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Kings got a point about Brady not showing up and supporting his teammates during the offseason OTA's. Two years ago he was too busy picking out the paint colors for his the guestrooms of his mansion on the West Coast.

What's it going to be this year?"Well I'll be in town for more hairplugs so maybe I'll the throw the ball to one of my WR's...wait we don't have any WR's...see you in August"

And I guess we won't be seeing you in February....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Tells you all you need to know.

"The Minnesota Vikings have an obvious priority for the offseason: add wide receivers."

"But he will turn 30 in June, and even before the knee injury he wasn't fast enough to be the reliable field-stretching receiver the Vikings have lacked for a long time on the outside"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9018988/minnesota-vikings-cut-michael-jenkins-saving-more-3m

Maybe they are going to play him in the Slot and Amendola at the X. Also when Mike came out of College he ran a 4.3 40 I don't profess to know what he's able to run now but at one time he was a burner.

He ran a best of 4.6 before the knee injury. He's never been a field stretcher.

I think you are right he's never been considered a burner but he has documented 40's faster than 4.6 to be accurate and factual. Not that it matters, just sayin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to rxmsg's comment:

This is like 2006 Deja Vu all over again......  Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel......

How did that work oot fo us !!!???

Just about as well as Moss years did.....

...and at least the 2006 offense scored 28 points in their post season loss.

Sadly, 7 of those points, the only TD in the second half came off Hobbs's 80 yard kick off return, so if not getting into the striking distance, they may not have even scored that TD to Gaffney.

That's how far back this "problem" goes.

Not sure I follow? So you are saying that special teams plays are a factor in the outcomes of games both positively and negatively?

If so I am pretty sure we get that special teams are important. You only need to look at every post season game each year to see its importance. Including this past seasons games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Remember TB can only throw to one guy at a time . . .  I think this looks better than last year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Does he do that after GOD AWFUl INTs when he throws 45 times in January and February replete with 2 INTs and mindnumblingly DUMB decisions, or is he more concerned about vacationing with Welkie and the Hooters wife?

Your repeititive name calling of players' spouses or significant others are uncalled for, disrespectful and totally irelevant to the discussion and reflect more on yourself as as a disgusting and foul person.

+ 100000000000

not to mention if he did it in person they would most likely flatten him - quite easily too

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Agree, impossible to predict who gets hurt and who doesnt.

Of course it's impossible but when you have a billion dollar franchise to coach wouldn't you take into consideration all these injuries?  I mean the odds of all of them or the very least a couple of them getting hurt and missing games this season is not in the Pats favor, based on their prior seasons.

True, but what do prior seasons have to do with this season?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

We needed a possession receiver who can post up and fight for balls. We needed height. We needed a veteran with a better chance at picking up the play book. This is a good signing.

Heck what am I talking about? We should have signed Barry sanders...it's obvious.

How about Barry White??  Oh, wait a minute...

He meant Barry Manilow.

Not Barry Williams?

Barry Goodreau?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

There was talk that Moss might not even make the team. That his legs were finished, etc. back then. I am simply saying there are the same question marks. No one knew the 2007 was going to roll up all those points just as they did not know they would fall on their face in the post season.

Amendola having 63 catches, 4 fewer than welker while playing in 5 fewer games is a good and more impressive thing in my opinion not a red flag concern. Injuries happen. Welker had a season ending injury as well in his career. ...just had the luck of timing. He blows out his knee in wk 1 rather than wk 17 and peoples perception of his durability drastically changes. The argument can be made that games played are less relevent to injury proness than the timing of when the injuries occur.

Guys like David Nelson played 1 game last season. Greg Jennings only played in 8. Both of them fewer than Danny Amendola or Donald Jones played in last season.

People are looking to this years draft and checking out shuttle times, 3 cone times and production. They would be wise to remind themselves of Jeremy Eberts numbers in this regard as well.  A 4.38 40yd dash, 6.70 3-cone, 4.15 SS. 2400 yards, 21 TD's, 14yd avg. Does he make a jump in yr two and contribute? No idea. Fans just write him off so quickly however. I am not sure but didn't he have to join the team late because of the weird school rule or somehting at Northwestern? or am I thinking of someone else?

Fans should also remember even the greatest ones do not come in the league and tear it up their rookie seasons generally speaking. Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and AJ Green had like 50-60 catches their rookie seasons I think. Not 90+. So even if the Pats drafted Hopkins, Rogers, Bailey, etc, just what realistic "big" impact do you think they will have on the team? I have no idea.

With so many worrying that this will be 2006 all over again. I would simply remind some that at least in 2006 NE had the #1 scoring offense in the post season and scored 28 points in their loss. Unlike the offenses who everyone is worried we are stepping back from that have only managed 14, 17, 13 in the season ending losses of late.

Anyone who said that about Moss was fooling themselves. Moss played and started all 13 games he wasn't benched and whe he wanted to play clearly still had his speed and could generate separation. Huge difference between Moss and Amendola, Moss clearly didn't care but still had his ability Amendola can't stay on the field to give effort. If Amendola was the 4th or 5th WR like Nelson would be the injury issues would be an issue at all because we wouldn't have to worry about what he gives, that's a huge difference there with Nelson. It's simply your top 2 WR's right now have major injury issues and I'd complain if Nelson was in there instead of Jones too because you still don't have a stable durable WR.

I mean really you even mention Ebert and then mention that list of guys after him? BTW he only missed rook camp not the entire preseason. I know a rook most likely won't make a big difference but that should concern you even more that a draft pick won't make a difference with this weak WR core

Eng if you say you knew for a fact that Moss was going to revert back 4 or 5 seasons to form, and never quit on his team then kudos to you. I will take your word for it. I do not think I was fooling myself and frankly liked the deal but it was just hope and a WHOLE lot of questions in my mind. Moss had not caught more than 60 passes in three straight seasons. It was not just one year. He had quit on both the Vikings AND Raiders. So yeah I had questions of both how much he still had in the tank, if he would get the Patriots system , AND if he would fall in line and be a good soldier. That's three major questions going into 2007 on just one player.

It doesn't concern me about the rookies. I expect them to not make a big impact which is why I like the verterns they are signing and looking at.

Maybe Amendola will get hurt again, I have no idea. Until it happens I am not automatically assuming he will. Just as I am not assuming Welker will get hurt again and blow out his same or other knee while with the Broncos. Welkers injury was potentially worse for a WR than either of Amendolas upper body ones.

I just don't see the injury posibilities as any more concerning than the questions about the 2007 WR corp. The Moss ones I covered. No one had any clue IF Welker would get the Pats systems and fit well within it. It was a projection and huge question. Amendola has been around it and played in the same system under McD. Same questions regarding Stallworth going into 2007 and he also missed time the previous season with injury. You can also question if Jones will get the Patriots system but at least Jones played in a site adjustment offensive system in college. You can at least make and estimated projection to doing the same thing in NE.

They certainly have questions but more concerning or more of them than going into 2007? Not in my mind. It's all relative. Change brings questions, we have to wait and see. imo.

I guess my question would be is there someone in particular you really wanted the Patriots to go get at WR other than keeping Welker?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Remember TB can only throw to one guy at a time . . .  I think this looks better than last year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

We needed a possession receiver who can post up and fight for balls. We needed height. We needed a veteran with a better chance at picking up the play book. This is a good signing.

Heck what am I talking about? We should have signed Barry sanders...it's obvious.

He meant Barry Manilow.

Not Barry Williams?

Barry Goodreau?

Barry Gibb?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Agree, impossible to predict who gets hurt and who doesnt.

Of course it's impossible but when you have a billion dollar franchise to coach wouldn't you take into consideration all these injuries?  I mean the odds of all of them or the very least a couple of them getting hurt and missing games this season is not in the Pats favor, based on their prior seasons.

True, but what do prior seasons have to do with this season?

Really, looking at the past couple years what are the odds all these guys make it through a season?  Do you really not take that into consideration?  It's not like there is huge talent depth there that can pick up the slack should a couple of them be out a game or more together.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Here Tom, instead of throwing the ball against that piece of plywood tied to the fence, try whipping the ball at this guy.

By the way...I don't answer to you.

Love,

Bob Kraft

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I think at the end of the TB is going to work with what he has and make them better.

He got Moss TD record.

Turned Welker from good to great.

Got Gronk TE TD record.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

I think you are right he's never been considered a burner but he has documented 40's faster than 4.6 to be accurate and factual. Not that it matters, just sayin.

I did some more digging & you are right. There was one report I found of a 4.38. All the others had him at 4.60, & there are lots of those.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I did some more digging & you are right. There was one report I found of a 4.38. All the others had him at 4.60, & there are lots of those.

I seen conflicting reports of his pro day 40 time at 4.4 and 4.45, fastest clock read 4.38 and the slowest read 4.48

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I seen conflicting reports of his pro day 40 time at 4.4 and 4.45, fastest clock read 4.38 and the slowest read 4.48 

These numbers are correct, he ran a 4.4 forty at the Ohio pro day.  Also he averaged 15 yards a catch for at least one season.  I'm not saying the guy is an amazing sign but I'd ask all of you, who would have given up to sign Mike Wallace because you'd have to give up at least Talib and or Vollmer/Amendola to get him.

There aren't a plethora of wide receivers out there.  I suspect we'll see Edelman, Stallworth, Mohamed Massaquoi, Domenik Hixon, Deion Branch and whoever gets released from now until camp as well as at least two rookies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Does he do that after GOD AWFUl INTs when he throws 45 times in January and February replete with 2 INTs and mindnumblingly DUMB decisions, or is he more concerned about vacationing with Welkie and the Hooters wife?

Your repeititive name calling of players' spouses or significant others are uncalled for, disrespectful and totally irelevant to the discussion and reflect more on yourself as as a disgusting and foul person.

+ 100000000000

not to mention if he did it in person they would most likely flatten him - quite easily too

Sure.

You're trolling on a Pats board as a dork and have no idea how big I am and then claim Welker would flatten me for pointing out he married some Hooters girl, with her mouthing off on Twitter after he dropped more balls as he looked for more money.

Sure.

No one under 6'0 is "likely" flattenning me at anything.

I could give two squirts.  I was MORTIFIED when Giselle mouthed off after SB 46 and meeting Brady in front of the cameras jusy like I was when Mr Hooters was thinking it was about her after her husband didn't make the plays in the big games again.

so how "big" are you , big tough russ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

He meant Barry Manilow.

Not Barry Williams?

Barry Goodreau?

Barry Gibb?

barry bonds?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He meant Barry Manilow.

Not Barry Williams?

Barry Goodreau?

Barry Gibb?

barry bonds?

did you really have to go there?

Barry Zito??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Hard to believe that the signing of a guy with very little chance of making the team is creating such a huge amount of comments. This guy was an ok player recently, but has looked done for awhile now. But think about it...all of our current wideouts are injury prone, so someone needs to take reps in camp and in preseason games. And at his size he can also run routes in place of Hernandez. But this move has no correlation to signing WR's who might actually play. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

I think at the end of the TB is going to work with what he has and make them better.

He got Moss TD record.

Turned Welker from good to great.

Got Gronk TE TD record. 

Astonishingly positive post on a thread rife with negativity. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Good low risk body to bring in to camp to compete at the outside "run sprints" position that David Patten made a career out of.  Tall, fast, might translate to a surprise player in this system.  Bring in every player who fits this mold and see who sticks, one is all you need with a bunch of lightning quick smurfs and big tight ends, thats our system, that's what we need.

Wozzy, this is exactly what Jenkins isnt! He has poor first 2 steps off the LOS and struggles with jams, he is slow in his breaks , and wont run past any CB's even in single coverage.

He is Lloyd only 2 steps slower and worse with YAC. Vikings took him out of the game in the red zone offense.

I havent seen what Jenkins was offered, most likely vet minimum to $750K. Could Lloyd have been resigned for $1.0M?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Jenkins had a 50 yard TD reception in the playoffs last year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000122570/Jenkins-50-yard-TD-catch

Sections
Shortcuts