Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

Jenkins had a 50 yard TD reception in the playoffs last year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000122570/Jenkins-50-yard-TD-catch

This video is a fabrication. No way in helllll this guy caught a td last year. I read on this forum that Jenkins is not actually 6'4 but that is his forty time. He also for some reason couldn't even shine in the prolific Vikings passing offense?.?. I can't substantiate this next rumor but didn't he lose 4 of his fingers in the great potato famine? And last but not least how could he run fast or catch tds after Kathy Bates recreated the scene from misery on both of his legs? 

This guy suks, BB has some giant cojones thinking he can transform this midget, fingerless, peg legger into an actual football player. It's only a matter of time before Tom Brady jumps ship to a talented group of receiving options that every other team in this league has. 

Yes, that video is very telling.  The guy can get open on broken coverage!  Good pickup!  I'm still trying to find the video that I swore I had seen where he busted one open and the old lady with her walker ran him down before he scored.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

TFB12, man, ever since Welker bolted for Denver you're not the poster I'm accustomed to seeing. I'm not being critical here; your views are your views and I respect them.  But it does seem that you're much more intense on this issue then I've seen you be in the past on anything.

My 2 cents and if you'd just as soon I keep it to myself, then that's fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

PatsENg and TFB12 have made fools of themselves joining the Irrational club since BB walked on Welkie.

A shame. I used to respect PatsEng's comments and TFB12's photoshopping is a funny contribution, but they've gone off the rails.  Absolutely and completely off the rails as pink helmets.

I didn't realize they were so in love with Wes Welker. I also didn't realize it would be that shocking that BB might walk from Welker with the money going to Hernandez last year and all the writing on the wall.

Christ, TFB12 had 4 or 5 threads, panic threads, yelling as to what BB was waiting for to resign Welker the day FA opened. 

Oh Rusty.  I see you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and grabbed your rose colored glasses and put them on... again!

So if you want to refer to my wanting this type of player....

Only missed 3 games in 6 years with the Patriots.

Over those six years, he has topped 1,000 yards five times. He has more 100-catch seasons over that span than any other player has in the history of the National Football League.

over this type of player...

The Italian porcelain doll who has played in 12 games over the last 2 years and out of those 12 games only finished 8 of them.  Has had Ankle, elbow, shoulder and foot injuries to keep him on the bench, then panic is probably a good word.  Especially since we now see how the WR roster is filling up.  Oh, and as Bob put so kindly put it, the porcelin doll was their 2nd choice.

But since BB can do no wrong, I guess my thinking is a tad warped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

TFB12, man, ever since Welker bolted for Denver you're not the poster I'm accustomed to seeing. I'm not being critical here; your views are your views and I respect them.  But it does seem that you're much more intense on this issue then I've seen you be in the past on anything.

Hey, thanks man.  No hard feelings, feel free to share your thoughts.  I'm a big boy, I can take anything thrown my way, just don't expect me to sit quietly without adding my thoughts.  BTW, you must have missed me here when the Pats let Moss go.  That one was just as worse. 

The thing is TFB's career is getting shorter,  I want SB rings now before he is gone.  Call me crazy, but I just don't see how some of these moves are going to make that happen.  All they had to do was resign Welker, Vollmer, and maybe Edelman, keep Lloyd and pick up a WR that can get deep.  Heck, they could have probably even brought in Amendola instead of Edelman.  Now that would have been fantastic.  Then focus on defense!!  Thats it.  Instead they have completly retooled the WR positions, got rid of one of the most productive offensive players over the last 6 seasons, dumped a WR who had a good season last year, certainly a fine one to build off of, and are bringing in injury stricken players, who some of them have had no success in the NFL. 

There is a learning curve to this offense, folks!  You gotta be able to stay on the field to "get it" and if they can stay on the field then that isn't even a guarantee that they will get the offense down and be where TFB expects them to be play in and play out.

Now if you or Rusty or anyone else want to pile on me for my views then fine, but if you guys seriously can not understand my concern after I have laid it all out there for ya then just keep chugging that BB koolaid and pretend everything is fine and dandy.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

Jenkins had a 50 yard TD reception in the playoffs last year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000122570/Jenkins-50-yard-TD-catch

This video is a fabrication. No way in helllll this guy caught a td last year. I read on this forum that Jenkins is not actually 6'4 but that is his forty time. He also for some reason couldn't even shine in the prolific Vikings passing offense?.?. I can't substantiate this next rumor but didn't he lose 4 of his fingers in the great potato famine? And last but not least how could he run fast or catch tds after Kathy Bates recreated the scene from misery on both of his legs? 

This guy suks, BB has some giant cojones thinking he can transform this midget, fingerless, peg legger into an actual football player. It's only a matter of time before Tom Brady jumps ship to a talented group of receiving options that every other team in this league has. 

Yes, that video is very telling.  The guy can get open on broken coverage!  Good pickup!  I'm still trying to find the video that I swore I had seen where he busted one open and the old lady with her walker ran him down before he scored.

He was being sarcastic, you dope.

If you think mine was serious then you are the dope!  I thought the old lady in a walker would have gave it away, apparently you must have seen old ladies in walkers on the football field.  Man Rusty, you have some serious BB protection issues going on.  Don't be so sensitive all the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Again I would ask those here overly concerned with receiver to tell us who we should have signed?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hey, thanks man.  No hard feelings, feel free to share your thoughts.  I'm a big boy, I can take anything thrown my way, just don't expect me to sit quietly without adding my thoughts.  BTW, you must have missed me here when the Pats let Moss go.  That one was just as worse. 

The thing is TFB's career is getting shorter,  I want SB rings now before he is gone.  Call me crazy, but I just don't see how some of these moves are going to make that happen.  All they had to do was resign Welker, Vollmer, and maybe Edelman, keep Lloyd and pick up a WR that can get deep.  Heck, they could have probably even brought in Amendola instead of Edelman.  Now that would have been fantastic.  Then focus on defense!!  Thats it.  Instead they have completly retooled the WR positions, got rid of one of the most productive offensive players over the last 6 seasons, dumped a WR who had a good season last year, certainly a fine one to build off of, and are bringing in injury stricken players, who some of them have had no success in the NFL. 

There is a learning curve to this offense, folks!  You gotta be able to stay on the field to "get it" and if they can stay on the field then that isn't even a guarantee that they will get the offense down and be where TFB expects them to be play in and play out.

Now if you or Rusty or anyone else want to pile on me for my views then fine, but if you guys seriously can not understand my concern after I have laid it all out there for ya then just keep chugging that BB koolaid and pretend everything is fine and dandy.   

I do understand your concern; BB opted to swap out his entire WR corps which was an integral part of the best offense in the league last year. I don't think that's lost on any serious Pats fan.   However, that formula didn't result in a SB win a couple of years ago nor did it get the Pats by the Ravens in the AFC title game last year.  

I see changes made and more coming - changes on offense and defense - good.   These changes have included some pretty fair moves in FA and I'm guessing there's more coming.  My view:  Let's see what's coming and what the offense and the defense are going to look like come the regular season.  I see no reason for what I see as a panic mentality on the part of some posters but perhaps I'm missing what they're seeing.

And you're not the only Pats fan who wants another ring or two for this team over the next couple of years.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I do understand your concern; BB opted to swap out his entire WR corps which was an integral part of the best offense in the league last year. I don't think that's lost on any serious Pats fan.   However, that formula didn't result in a SB win a couple of years ago nor did it get the Pats by the Ravens in the AFC title game last year.  

I see changes made and more coming - changes on offense and defense - good.   These changes have included some pretty fair moves in FA and I'm guessing there's more coming.  My view:  Let's see what's coming and what the offense and the defense are going to look like come the regular season.  I see no reason for what I see as a panic mentality on the part of some posters but perhaps I'm missing what they're seeing.

And you're not the only Pats fan who wants another ring or two for this team over the next couple of years.  

true

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Again I would ask those here overly concerned with receiver to tell us who we should have signed?

Keep Welker, Woody, Edelman,

Replace Lloyd with Amadola for depth and  since he is such a "Flanker"  or Sanders.

Replace Branch with one of the other scrubs they recently signed.

Draft a WR.

They WERE a record setting offense that could have used an upgrade or two, not a second rate O that needed to be blown up. and replaced with lesser, UNPROVEN talent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

All they had to do was resign Welker, Vollmer, and maybe Edelman, keep Lloyd and pick up a WR that can get deep.  Heck, they could have probably even brought in Amendola instead of Edelman.  Now that would have been fantastic. 

Have they looked at Heyward-Bey yet?  Just a thought, probably would have been better then Jenkins.  But I don't think they are done. I'm not seeing it yet or how they could even pull it off at this point but I'm hoping for a good trade that will bring in that experienced deeper threat. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

You're still being insanely negative, though. Something about the start of FA'ency threw you off and you have yet to recover.

I'd say I'm being closer to realistic. I don't know what you expect from these guys. There's a reason you are getting them so cheap. There's a reason no other teams had interest in Jenkins or Jones. There is a reason Amendola was the second choice. Being insanely positive doesn't suddenly mean Jenkins is going to make it through camp or Amendola or Jone's injury history are suddenly going to disappear. I don't need super stars at every position but really is it being insanely negative to expect a couple durable starters for a SB caliber team with a HoF QB?

No one ever said you had to be "insanely positive". Rather, we're simply saying to avoid the inverse of "insanely positive".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

You're still being insanely negative, though. Something about the start of FA'ency threw you off and you have yet to recover.

I'd say I'm being closer to realistic. I don't know what you expect from these guys. There's a reason you are getting them so cheap. There's a reason no other teams had interest in Jenkins or Jones. There is a reason Amendola was the second choice. Being insanely positive doesn't suddenly mean Jenkins is going to make it through camp or Amendola or Jone's injury history are suddenly going to disappear. I don't need super stars at every position but really is it being insanely negative to expect a couple durable starters for a SB caliber team with a HoF QB?

Oh, and Amendola wasn't their second choice... In fact, it would appear that they preferred him to Welker.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh, and Amendola wasn't their second choice... In fact, it would appear that they preferred him to Welker.

Be prepared to get bombarded here after that comment.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/03/18/robert-kraft-says-patriots-preferred-wes-welker-over-danny-amendola/

Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Monday at the owners meetings the organization wanted Wes Welker over Danny Amendola, but that the negotiations led to Welker ending up in Denver and Amendola signing with New England.

“We usually don’t talk about contracts,” Kraft said, according to Comcast SportsNet’s Tom E. Curran. “I’d like to clear up misconceptions about negotiations. Everyone in our organization wanted Wes back.”

Added Kraft: “Wes Welker was our first choice to be with the team. Our second alternative was Danny Amendola.”

According to tweets out of Phoenix, Kraft said that the Patriots were willing to pay Welker “slightly above market value” and said the receiver’s agents “played poker with us.” Kraft also said that that the Patriots’ offer was “better than what he got in Denver and I’m sad about that.”

Welker signed a two-year, $12 million contract with the Broncos while Amendola got a five-year, $28.5 million deal with the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Be prepared to get bombarded here after that comment.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/03/18/robert-kraft-says-patriots-preferred-wes-welker-over-danny-amendola/

Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Monday at the owners meetings the organization wanted Wes Welker over Danny Amendola, but that the negotiations led to Welker ending up in Denver and Amendola signing with New England.

“We usually don’t talk about contracts,” Kraft said, according to Comcast SportsNet’s Tom E. Curran. “I’d like to clear up misconceptions about negotiations. Everyone in our organization wanted Wes back.”

Added Kraft: “Wes Welker was our first choice to be with the team. Our second alternative was Danny Amendola.”

According to tweets out of Phoenix, Kraft said that the Patriots were willing to pay Welker “slightly above market value” and said the receiver’s agents “played poker with us.” Kraft also said that that the Patriots’ offer was “better than what he got in Denver and I’m sad about that.”

Welker signed a two-year, $12 million contract with the Broncos while Amendola got a five-year, $28.5 million deal with the Pats.

I'll take Kraft at his word, but that seems rather difficult to believe considering the contract offers they made to each player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't have time to sift through 190 posts, but did anybody give props to the guy in the gated  community in Tampa for finally getting this right? I know it was supposed to be the other Mike Jenkins from Tampa, but still. Other than that he was spot on.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I don't have time to sift through 190 posts, but did anybody give props to the guy in the gated  community in Tampa for finally getting this right? I know it was supposed to be the other Mike Jenkins from Tampa, but still. Other than that he was spot on.

Hey, hey, hey... lay off my brother he may have got some bad info and i was an idiot for listening to him... but he is still blood. LOL

Well, he has to do better if he wants to keep up with that Erika chick (how's she doing these days, by the way?)...besides there's still time, I don't think the other Mike Jenkins from Tampa signed yet, did he?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Tomato/Potato. 

He was close :)

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

All they had to do was resign Welker, Vollmer, and maybe Edelman, keep Lloyd and pick up a WR that can get deep.  Heck, they could have probably even brought in Amendola instead of Edelman.  Now that would have been fantastic. 

Have they looked at Heyward-Bey yet?  Just a thought, probably would have been better then Jenkins.  But I don't think they are done. I'm not seeing it yet or how they could even pull it off at this point but I'm hoping for a good trade that will bring in that experienced deeper threat. 

We have to get over Welker, the team offered him an extension last year, it's never in a team's vested interest to use the franchise tag because inevitably you end up overpaying but he forced their hand. They even offered him more than market value this year and his agent decided to test the waters... there was no give and take with Welker's negotiations, he got less than he deserved from another team.

How is Heyward Bey any better than Jenkins, has never been healthy for 16 games his entire career, hasn't produced more than jenkins on his best years?  Vollmer and Talib are signed, Amendola is signed, Lloyd and Edelmen are still available and can be had. Lets wait for the dust to clear before we declare a state of emergency, the draft is coming and trades still happen in today's NFL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jenkins last 2 years in Atlanta in '09 and '10 he avg'd 45 catches, 575 yards and 12.5 yards a catch... only 3 TD's over those 2 years though, he did get 5 TD's last 2 years in MN, with terrible QB play and not too shabby 40/450/11.7 avg's.

Jones meanwhile is a solid 6' kid who improved each of his 3 years and grabbed 41 passes for 443 yards, 4 TD's and a 10.8 average.

If these guys are your 3 and 4 WR's at least we know the team has some proven, deeper threat taller guys now on the roster.

Bring back Lloyd to be the #2, or make the offer sheet to Sanders and you've got a solid group of 4 Wr's, with Slater the special teamer and maybe Stallworth, Branch and Ebert fight it out in camp for a possible 6th spot.

If Amedola and Hernandez just stay healthy... LOOK OUT!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Jenkins last 2 years in Atlanta in '09 and '10 he avg'd 45 catches, 575 yards and 12.5 yards a catch... only 3 TD's over those 2 years though, he did get 5 TD's last 2 years in MN, with terrible QB play and not too shabby 40/450/11.7 avg's.

Jones meanwhile is a solid 6' kid who improved each of his 3 years and grabbed 41 passes for 443 yards, 4 TD's and a 10.8 average.

If these guys are your 3 and 4 WR's at least we know the team has some proven, deeper threat taller guys now on the roster.

Bring back Lloyd to be the #2, or make the offer sheet to Sanders and you've got a solid group of 4 Wr's, with Slater the special teamer and maybe Stallworth, Branch and Ebert fight it out in camp for a possible 6th spot.

A refreshingly different look from many of the posts on this thread.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Agree.

On a side note, I would also be so bold to say that BB might feel that....wait for it....Amendola could be an upgrade to Wes Welker GASP. OMG. NOOOOOOOOOO

That's not to say Amendola will step in and catch 120 balls for 1,200 yards and a few tds like welker did, but that his skill set could open up our offense and allow us to be less predictable in big games(see 14.5 ppg scored in our last 2 SB's and afc home game). I know some of will refuse to try and understand how that could work but it's my opinion.

I also think that we need a possession receiver ala David Givens more then we need a Mike Wallace type. I personally don't think Brady has much deep ball ability left, nor does our coaching staff want him in a position to throw the deep ball unless by design(open LLoyd on play action in the texans game). We need a guy who can post up and catch a ball over a DB's head or near the side lines. lloyd was actually pretty good at this last year and I too hope we bring him back but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Given Jenkins history of being a solid yet unspectacular receiver playing with sub par QB's I think he could be a perfect fit in this offense and excel at the above need, although I hope/expect BB to leave no stone unturned much like he did last year.

I wouldn't mind giving David Nelson a shot either but I don't understand how some of you would rather have ramses Barden then a proven Jenkins?

And nelson is coming off major injury..

Some people will never be happy.