Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Re: Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

Who would have thought a thread about Michael Jenkins would run 8 pages long..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:

Who would have thought a thread about Michael Jenkins would run 8 pages long..

And your post brought it to 9 - well done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

Jenkins had a 50 yard TD reception in the playoffs last year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000122570/Jenkins-50-yard-TD-catch

This video is a fabrication. No way in helllll this guy caught a td last year. I read on this forum that Jenkins is not actually 6'4 but that is his forty time. He also for some reason couldn't even shine in the prolific Vikings passing offense?.?. I can't substantiate this next rumor but didn't he lose 4 of his fingers in the great potato famine? And last but not least how could he run fast or catch tds after Kathy Bates recreated the scene from misery on both of his legs? 

This guy suks, BB has some giant cojones thinking he can transform this midget, fingerless, peg legger into an actual football player. It's only a matter of time before Tom Brady jumps ship to a talented group of receiving options that every other team in this league has. 

Yes, that video is very telling.  The guy can get open on broken coverage!  Good pickup!  I'm still trying to find the video that I swore I had seen where he busted one open and the old lady with her walker ran him down before he scored.

He was being sarcastic, you dope.

u know Russ ur slipping a bit-you are positively tepid about this signing

what i expected was more like: GREAT move! cheap, star potential untapped, gets brady under center more and makes defense better too

BB does it again!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Jenkins last 2 years in Atlanta in '09 and '10 he avg'd 45 catches, 575 yards and 12.5 yards a catch... only 3 TD's over those 2 years though, he did get 5 TD's last 2 years in MN, with terrible QB play and not too shabby 40/450/11.7 avg's.

Jones meanwhile is a solid 6' kid who improved each of his 3 years and grabbed 41 passes for 443 yards, 4 TD's and a 10.8 average.

If these guys are your 3 and 4 WR's at least we know the team has some proven, deeper threat taller guys now on the roster.

Bring back Lloyd to be the #2, or make the offer sheet to Sanders and you've got a solid group of 4 Wr's, with Slater the special teamer and maybe Stallworth, Branch and Ebert fight it out in camp for a possible 6th spot.

If Amedola and Hernandez just stay healthy... LOOK OUT!

Agree.

On a side note, I would also be so bold to say that BB might feel that....wait for it....Amendola could be an upgrade to Wes Welker GASP. OMG. NOOOOOOOOOO

That's not to say Amendola will step in and catch 120 balls for 1,200 yards and a few tds like welker did, but that his skill set could open up our offense and allow us to be less predictable in big games(see 14.5 ppg scored in our last 2 SB's and afc home game). I know some of will refuse to try and understand how that could work but it's my opinion.

I also think that we need a possession receiver ala David Givens more then we need a Mike Wallace type. I personally don't think Brady has much deep ball ability left, nor does our coaching staff want him in a position to throw the deep ball unless by design(open LLoyd on play action in the texans game). We need a guy who can post up and catch a ball over a DB's head or near the side lines. lloyd was actually pretty good at this last year and I too hope we bring him back but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Given Jenkins history of being a solid yet unspectacular receiver playing with sub par QB's I think he could be a perfect fit in this offense and excel at the above need, although I hope/expect BB to leave no stone unturned much like he did last year.

I wouldn't mind giving David Nelson a shot either but I don't understand how some of you would rather have ramses Barden then a proven Jenkins?

And nelson is coming off major injury..

Some people will never be happy.

Great Points. I also am looking forward to a change and believe Danny will offer a more explosive, faster option. Jenkins is what he is. Nothing special but his size would be welcomed and his production with a lesser known Qb cant be discounted. Brady turned Gaffney into a household name that many people didnt know in houston. Maybe he does the same for Jenkins, or he could be cut but I like the fact they are adressing it and also agree this offense is missing a stronger type posession guy like Givens. LLoyd was not that guy and neither is Danny but dont sleep on D.Jones. He has a nice frame, similar to david with same height but not as jacked as Givens or as good a route runner but D.Jones is gonna surprise if people are thinking he is bad signing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Yes, that video is very telling.  The guy can get open on broken coverage!  Good pickup!  I'm still trying to find the video that I swore I had seen where he busted one open and the old lady with her walker ran him down before he scored.

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dr2EmXbaTjc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SmmPqLZci6M

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

This one?

Sweet!!  The GB Packer got burned on that move, lol!!  But how dare Jenkins wear the purple and yellow 84!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

This one?

Sweet!!  The GB Packer got burned on that move, lol!!  But how dare Jenkins wear the purple and yellow 84!!

Yea Jenkins did Really get Tramon Williams to Bite on that move, And Tramon Williams isnt exactly a slouch DB either. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Jenkins had a 50 yard TD reception in the playoffs last year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000122570/Jenkins-50-yard-TD-catch

This video is a fabrication. No way in helllll this guy caught a td last year. I read on this forum that Jenkins is not actually 6'4 but that is his forty time. He also for some reason couldn't even shine in the prolific Vikings passing offense?.?. I can't substantiate this next rumor but didn't he lose 4 of his fingers in the great potato famine? And last but not least how could he run fast or catch tds after Kathy Bates recreated the scene from misery on both of his legs? 

This guy suks, BB has some giant cojones thinking he can transform this midget, fingerless, peg legger into an actual football player. It's only a matter of time before Tom Brady jumps ship to a talented group of receiving options that every other team in this league has. 

Ha! too funny. You must be channeling your inner PatsEng.

I really like Eng but I can not understand him on this one. 

Even if Jenkins does not make the team, how Jenkins, a consistent 38-45 reception guy over the past 6-7 years is not a better option than Ramses Barden is beyond me. 

His analysis on the Jenkins TD catch is the epitome of seeing what you want to see as well. If anyone slows to a show boat jog in that clip it's Jenkins. Which by the way is the one thing I would criticize him for doing in that clip.

But hey at least his QB didn't make him jump in the air and try and catch the ball while twisting like a falling cat even though he was wide open. (I know I will probably get flamed for that but I couldn't resist ;-))

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I put together a list for everyone and myself as I had no idea without compiling it. There was not a single player listed below who has been on the field for every game of his career. Although I used the word missed games that does not necessarily mean injury. I did not go into that detail. Could be injury, personal, performance, etc. The earliest of seasons could be missed games simply because they were not good enough to earn playing time yet and were healthy scratches. I do not know.

The two most durable guys were probably Wallace and Cribbs but without knowing if one of them had a serious injury like Welker that happen in a final game of a season its hard to say. On games missed alone, and if he was not a Patriot and I did not know the details, I would had put Welker in this category as well.

Here are your UFA's of note at WR this off season:

1) Dwayne Bowe - Missed 3 games in 2012. 5 games in 2009.

2) Mike Wallace - Missed 1 game in 2012.

3) Greg Jennings - Missed 8 games in 2012. 3 games in 2011. 3 games in 2007. 2 games in 2006.

4) Wes Welker - Missed 1 game in 2010. 2 games in 2009 (wk 17 blows out his knee, the 2 games missed were prior to that).

5) Danny Amendola - Missed 5 games in 2012. 15 games in 2011. 2 games in 2009.

6) Brandon Lloyd - Missed 1 game in 2011. 14 games in 2009. 5 games in 2008. 8 games in 2007. 1 game in 2006. 3 games in 2004.

7) Brian Hartline - Missed 4 games in 2010.

8) Julien Edleman - Missed 7 games in 2012. 3 games in 2011. 1 game in 2010. 5 games in 2009.

9) Darrius Hayward-bey - Missed 1 game in 2012. 1 game in 2011. 1 game in 2010. 5 games in 2009.

10) Josh Cribbs - Missed 1 game in 2010. 1 game in 2008. 2 games in 2005.

11) David Nelson - Missed 15 games in 2012. 1 game in 2010.

12) Brandon Gibson - Missed 1 game 2011. 2 games in 2010. 7 games in 2009.

13) Ramses Barden - Missed 4 games 2012. 8 games in 2011. 10 games in 2010. 13 games in 2009.

14) Donald Jones - Missed 4 games in 2012. 8 games in 2011. 1 game in 2009.

15) Michael Jenkins - Missed 5 games in 2011. 5 games in 2010. 1 game in 2009. 1 game in 2007. 2 games in 2005.

The timing of a players injuries are the most important thing as it relates to the "perception" of the player staying on the field. If Welker blows out his knee in wk 1 rather than wk 17 he has a 15 games missed season in 2009. Conversly, if Amendola has his injury in wk 17 rather than wk 1 of the 2011 season then his missed games that year "might" look drastically different. Same can be said for David Nelson. He blows his knee out in wk 17 rather than wk 1 last season and he "might" be looking like he's only missed 1 game in his short three year career.

Make of the numbers what you will for your own opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Mediocre poker players might get three aces one night and boast about it for a week.  Good players get an assortment of ordinary hands and make the best of each hand. 

Players come with all sorts of baggage.  Sometimes the baggage is real, sometimes not.  Good player personnel teams don't always grab the #1 guy in the league, nor do they have a 100% success rate because players get injured, but they rate every player well and they tend to find the underpaid players. 

BB didn't plunge into free agency, paying top dollar the first week.  He waited until prices came down.  Now he has $14 million left in the kitty as a reserve fund and he's ready to pick over the bargain bin.  The first week of free agency is for show, so that teams can sell seat licenses.  The bargain bin is where coaches win games.

Jenkins, if he works out, can run and is tall enough that an opponent without good corners will have to double team him.  Teams with really good corners won't have that problem, but if Jenkins can cause trouble for the other 50% of the league's defenses he's earned his paltry keep.  Finally, Jenkins has a bit of bulk and can block a little better than average.  I see 33 inch arm length, not too bad.

"If he works out" is the byword of free agency.  Free agents arrive hiding their concussions, hiding their bum shoulders that don't let them hit the hole with authority, hiding their painful injuries.  When BB shot a fifth round pick on Marcus Cannon he was gambling that Cannon would get well after chemo and stay well.  You can't be 100% sure of these things.  Gronk was a gamble because he had back problems in college.  BB listens to the doctors and rolls the dice each time.  IF Jenkins is fast and whole this year, he's a fast, tall veteran receiver, not quite Randy Moss but that's more than good enough, given Gronk, Hernandez and maybe Amendola.  If Jenkins busts, well, it was a pretty small signing bonus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Mediocre poker players might get three aces one night and boast about it for a week.  Good players get an assortment of ordinary hands and make the best of each hand. 

Players come with all sorts of baggage.  Sometimes the baggage is real, sometimes not.  Good player personnel teams don't always grab the #1 guy in the league, nor do they have a 100% success rate because players get injured, but they rate every player well and they tend to find the underpaid players. 

BB didn't plunge into free agency, paying top dollar the first week.  He waited until prices came down.  Now he has $14 million left in the kitty as a reserve fund and he's ready to pick over the bargain bin.  The first week of free agency is for show, so that teams can sell seat licenses.  The bargain bin is where coaches win games.

Jenkins, if he works out, can run and is tall enough that an opponent without good corners will have to double team him.  Teams with really good corners won't have that problem, but if Jenkins can cause trouble for the other 50% of the league's defenses he's earned his paltry keep.  Finally, Jenkins has a bit of bulk and can block a little better than average.  I see 33 inch arm length, not too bad.

"If he works out" is the byword of free agency.  Free agents arrive hiding their concussions, hiding their bum shoulders that don't let them hit the hole with authority, hiding their painful injuries.  When BB shot a fifth round pick on Marcus Cannon he was gambling that Cannon would get well after chemo and stay well.  You can't be 100% sure of these things.  Gronk was a gamble because he had back problems in college.  BB listens to the doctors and rolls the dice each time.  IF Jenkins is fast and whole this year, he's a fast, tall veteran receiver, not quite Randy Moss but that's more than good enough, given Gronk, Hernandez and maybe Amendola.  If Jenkins busts, well, it was a pretty small signing bonus.

but any poker player that has a dealer who "deals him the best hands" does well everytime.

Was that a reach?

Anyway I'm just saying jenkins with Tom Brady as his QB>then jenkins with Christian Ponder or a rookie matt Ryan, or Mike vick, or Chris redman or whoever the hellll he had throwing him the ball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

TrueChamp

Yes, remember all those All Pro seasons Galloway, Ochocinco and Doug Gabriel had when they had Brady throwing to them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jenkins last 2 years in Atlanta in '09 and '10 he avg'd 45 catches, 575 yards and 12.5 yards a catch... only 3 TD's over those 2 years though, he did get 5 TD's last 2 years in MN, with terrible QB play and not too shabby 40/450/11.7 avg's.

Jones meanwhile is a solid 6' kid who improved each of his 3 years and grabbed 41 passes for 443 yards, 4 TD's and a 10.8 average.

If these guys are your 3 and 4 WR's at least we know the team has some proven, deeper threat taller guys now on the roster.

Bring back Lloyd to be the #2, or make the offer sheet to Sanders and you've got a solid group of 4 Wr's, with Slater the special teamer and maybe Stallworth, Branch and Ebert fight it out in camp for a possible 6th spot.

Agree.

On a side note, I would also be so bold to say that BB might feel that....wait for it....Amendola could be an upgrade to Wes Welker GASP. OMG. NOOOOOOOOOO

That's not to say Amendola will step in and catch 120 balls for 1,200 yards and a few tds like welker did, but that his skill set could open up our offense and allow us to be less predictable in big games(see 14.5 ppg scored in our last 2 SB's and afc home game). I know some of will refuse to try and understand how that could work but it's my opinion.

I also think that we need a possession receiver ala David Givens more then we need a Mike Wallace type. I personally don't think Brady has much deep ball ability left, nor does our coaching staff want him in a position to throw the deep ball unless by design(open LLoyd on play action in the texans game). We need a guy who can post up and catch a ball over a DB's head or near the side lines. lloyd was actually pretty good at this last year and I too hope we bring him back but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Given Jenkins history of being a solid yet unspectacular receiver playing with sub par QB's I think he could be a perfect fit in this offense and excel at the above need, although I hope/expect BB to leave no stone unturned much like he did last year.

I wouldn't mind giving David Nelson a shot either but I don't understand how some of you would rather have ramses Barden then a proven Jenkins?

Excellent post

I'm moderately happy, haha

My issues are:

1. health of amedola, Gronk and Hernandez

2. Replacing Lloy as a #2, not his 70/900 per say... b/c we upgraded at 3 and 4 (IMO) but the fact that we need a possession receiver as you said. So Lloyd back at less $ or a Sanders move is vital

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

TrueChamp

Yes, remember all those All Pro seasons Galloway, Ochocinco and Doug Gabriel had when they had Brady throwing to them.

I think you're using bad examples to prove a point that's not worth proving. Galloway was completely done when he got here.... 37 years old? Ocho was behind 4 guys who caught a combined 350 balls, 34 tds, and 4000  yards. He was a disappointment but not when you consider how efficient our passing game was that year(until the post season unfortunately) and that we didn't end upneeding him. 

Gabriel and the 2006 team was one of the worst receiving cores I've ever seen. Which is why IMO it might have been Tom Brady's best year of his career. 

And let's be honest here nomad fan. Brady has made names for Troy, Patton,branch, fauria,graham, Watson, Gaffney, Wes Welker, and so far Hernandez, and Gronk, I would throw branch back in their again for his career revival in N.E.

oh wait David Givens once caught 31 passes in a row for 1st downs....yeah, and he was out of the Lg a year later. 

I could see Jenkins or whoever wins the  possession rec job going for a solid 750 yards with a bunch of 1st downs and 4 or 5 tds. If we get that for a milion bucks then what's the harm again?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I just think we should let the result speaks for itself later, otherwise it is conjecture, projection or wishfull thinking. We don't know whether Jenkins will be like Galloway at this stage of his career, completely gone, using your characterization. But I hope what you have envisioned will materialize. Just pointing out Brady by himself cannot make miracles happen ( not all the times anyway).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Agree.

Excellent post

My issues are:

2. Replacing Lloy as a #2, not his 70/900 per say... b/c we upgraded at 3 and 4 (IMO) but the fact that we need a possession receiver as you said. So Lloyd back at less $ or a Sanders move is vital

Agree with your concerns. Do you think Sanders is worth our 3rd rounder? I'm on the fence...I guess we might as well. Are we really gonna find a guy who can contribute right away in the 3 rd round? Probably not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Excellent post

My issues are:

Agree with your concerns. Do you think Sanders is worth our 3rd rounder? I'm on the fence...I guess we might as well. Are we really gonna find a guy who can contribute right away in the 3 rd round? Probably not.

[/QUOTE]

In a year where we had 6-8 draft picks I'd think Sanders is easily worth a 3rd rd pick. However this year, when we have only 3 picks that we can expect contributing players from (unless we end up with another Dennard situation in the 7th rd) it is a little riskier.

The Pats right now could make the decision easier if they signed 1-2 more veterans, like Freeney or Abraham. Clearly one of our 1st two picks needs to be a DT. but WR would be the next spot I'd want to fill, followed by an interior O-lineman.

I think Sanders is a better  move than any WR would would get in rd 3. BB is so suspect in picking these guys and so many can't cut it here that it would be worth it to get a proven talent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There would seem to be several WR's who could be available around our 1st rd pick and be productive #2 guys right away as rookies.

Keenan Allen

Justin Hunter

Tavon Austin (too much like Amendola?)

DeAndre Hopkins

Cordarelle Patterson

My issue with taking one of them is that it pushes the talent level at the other spot down a notch. There are so many DT's who will be available in the 25-40 range of this years draft. Not obvious starters from day 1 guys, but players who will be in a mix with Love, Deaderick, Armstead, Francis and who should provide more pocket pressure than Love from day 1. By the time you get to the end of rd 2, those type of DT's are likely to be all gone.

This is why it makes more sense to get Sanders, or come to a cheaper deal with Lloyd, then draft a WR in rd 1. You know what you will get from one of those 2 guys next year, at the least we're talking 45-55 catches, moving the chains type smart route-running and 3-4 TD's as basically the #2 WR but #4 passing option for TB. Then you get really good line talent with the rd 1 and 2 picks, and we know BB cand raft those positions.

Any WR taken in rd 1 would likely be able to get those #'s... IF he can get up to speed with the playbook fast enough, AND would have more upside (at least over a 31-32 year old Lloyd) BUT would mean lesser talents drafted for other positions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

One more use for Molassass Mike Jenkins:  He's either 6 foot 4 or 6 foot 5 and he has 33 inch arms.  Defenses can keep up with him, but they should use the big corner on him or else he's going to outreach the bug boys.  The problem in Foxboro is that Hernandez is 6 foot 2 and 245, so just put your other big corner on Hernandez.  Then there's Gronk at 6 foot 40 backed up by Fells, Hoom and Ballard, and all of a sudden most of the NFL's teams don't stock that many quality tall, stout cornerbacks on their limited 53 man roster.  It's not a 1 on 1 mismatch anymore, its a team on team mismatch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Just because Brady can make mediocre receivers look good doesn't mean we should surround Brady with mediocre receivers. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Just because Brady can make mediocre receivers look good doesn't mean we should surround Brady with mediocre receivers. 

Too late.

Do you think Jones and Jenkins even make the team?

Jones was untendered as a restricted FA and got zero guaranteed money,  His contract is loaded with incentives and annual reporting bonuses.  Is this set up to make it easy to cut him?

Anyone know what Jenkins contract is?  I have seen undisclosed and a 1 year contract worth vet min.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Too late.

Do you think Jones and Jenkins even make the team?

Jones was untendered as a restricted FA and got zero guaranteed money,  His contract is loaded with incentives and annual reporting bonuses.  Is this set up to make it easy to cut him?

Anyone know what Jenkins contract is?  I have seen undisclosed and a 1 year contract worth vet min.

I really expect a higher draft pick to be used on a receiver.  I'll be disappointed if they don't do something to bring in at least one more guy who at least has strong potential to be much better than mediocre.  Jenkins is a depth or camp competition signing in my eyes.  Jones looks like a candidate to be the third or fourth receiver.  I have a feeling they are looking toward the draft to fill this need.  If they don't draft someone, they are going to be in a tough spot, looking at unsigned veterans, rookie free agents, or, if they want quality, a trade.

I guess they could still go after a restricted free agent . . . but I'm not 100% convinced Sanders is ready to be the number 1. Cruz might be better, but a first-round pick is a lot to give up and Cruz might be costly to sign unless it's a one-year rental.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I really expect a higher draft pick to be used on a receiver.  I'll be disappointed if they don't do something to bring in at least one more guy who at least has strong potential to be much better than mediocre.  Jenkins is a depth or camp competition signing in my eyes.  Jones looks like a candidate to be the third or fourth receiver.  I have a feeling they are looking toward the draft to fill this need.  If they don't draft someone, they are going to be in a tough spot, looking at unsigned veterans, rookie free agents, or, if they want quality, a trade.

I guess they could still go after a restricted free agent . . . but I'm not 100% convinced Sanders is ready to be the number 1. Cruz might be better, but a first-round pick is a lot to give up and Cruz might be costly to sign unless it's a one-year rental.   

I would really like to see them get Cordarrelle Patterson but I doubt he will be available at the 29th pick.  Wouldn't mind seeing them get DeAndre Hopkins or Keenan Allen.  But then you wonder if BB will trade out of the first round and get a couple later picks.  I am very anxious to see what they do in the draft.  Best WR drafted since 2002 was Branch.  Could they change that here this year?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

One more use for Molassass Mike Jenkins:  He's either 6 foot 4 or 6 foot 5 and he has 33 inch arms.  Defenses can keep up with him, but they should use the big corner on him or else he's going to outreach the bug boys.  The problem in Foxboro is that Hernandez is 6 foot 2 and 245, so just put your other big corner on Hernandez.  Then there's Gronk at 6 foot 40 backed up by Fells, Hoom and Ballard, and all of a sudden most of the NFL's teams don't stock that many quality tall, stout cornerbacks on their limited 53 man roster.  It's not a 1 on 1 mismatch anymore, its a team on team mismatch.

Gronk has to be double covered, or else shadowed by an extremely talented safety (who needs to be 6'2") or LB (who needs to run a 4.6)

Then I agree, a team needs to have TWO decent 6'+ CB's to cover Jenkins and Hernandez... or Hernandez could be covered by a physical 5'11" FS who runs a 4.5

With a healthy Gronk, Amendola and Hernandez, the team becomes very tough to guard when they throw a 3rd TE like Ballard or Fells or Jenkins on the field, b/c either of those 4th pass catchers are 6"4" or so. Health is the key

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I have a though, take a look at the receivers that patriots selected since 2002

Taylor Price 3rd

Brandon Tate 3rd

Julian Edelman 7rd

Matt Slater 5rd

Chad Jackson 2rd

P.K Sam 5rd

Bethel Johnson 2rd

if u take a look no WR selection in the first round, and recently no WR in the second, this fact can contribute to our failure drafting WR...what do u think?