PATRIOTS STICK IT TO COLTS WITH WAIVER PICK-UP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

PATRIOTS STICK IT TO COLTS WITH WAIVER PICK-UP

I noticed the Pats decided to snag the recently waived Rb Javarris James from the Colts and stick him on their practice squad . The undrafted rookie out of Miami actually led Indy in preseason rushing and is the cousin of a pretty famous former Colt you might have heard of named Edgerin .
       I took the liberty of getting the skinny on the kid from some Colts sights and apparently the guy is fairly big  6-1 , 220 with solid potential . The Colts ended up keeping the veteren Mike Hart over him and had hoped to sneak the rookie onto their practice squad .

Now if they still want him , they will have to pony up a roster spot along with a gaurenteed contract .

WTG BB !

LINK to a Hurricane highlight of J James ;

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: PATRIOTS STICK IT TO COLTS WITH WAIVER PICK-UP

Rephrase: 

Good pick up for you guys.  Might actually fit in your starting line up as opposed to the practice squad. 

Now I am going to assume that they actually want this guy as opposed to playing games.  As I see it, the pats margin for error is too thin to be engaging in gamesmanship, but Foxy you know more about your team than I.  And if Belichick is focusing on playing games rather than fielding his best team, then I say have at it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He's an OK back. Though I don't think BB was trying to stick it to Indy. I think he was hedging his bets on whether or not his present RB's pan out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Waivers are fair game at this point.  The fact that the Pats picked up a guy who couldn't even make a move on the typically inept Colts RB squad does not impress me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Personally, I don't like the waiver business.  If we drafted a player, he should be ours to decide if he's on our practice squad. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to PATRIOTS STICK IT TO COLTS WITH WAIVER PICK-UP:
    [QUOTE]

Any decent running back would have scored with a hole like that (in the highlight). But he looks pretty slow at first glance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

According to Foxy - it doesn't matter whether or not he's any good.  It was done, just to "gig" the colts.  Boy do I hope he's right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not for nothing, but the Pats' running back "committe" is three injuries waiting to happen, a third-down speciaist and the ponderous Law Firm. If this guy is breathing reasonably well and can hold onto the ball, it's a good pick-up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: PATRIOTS STICK IT TO COLTS WITH WAIVER PICK-UP:
    [QUOTE]Not for nothing, but the Pats' running back "committe" is three injuries waiting to happen, a third-down speciaist and the ponderous Law Firm. If this guy is breathing reasonably well and can hold onto the ball, it's a good pick-up.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    haha you right

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I don't like the waiver business.  If we drafted a player, he should be ours to decide if he's on our practice squad. 
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't be very fair to the players.  They have a chance to be on a roster, earn a full salary (vs. $5K per week) and accrue a year of service.  Nobody would want to be stuck on a practice squad if another team was willing to roster them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

I think he was # 35

The Colts have him listed @ 6'0 215 so he is no bigger than Maroney @ 5'11 218

If Maroney got traded and i doubt he will this guy would get a boost.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Not for nothing, but the Pats' running back "committe" is three injuries waiting to happen, a third-down speciaist and the ponderous Law Firm.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    Just to be really honest, call it four injuries waiting to happen, the Law Firm, and Edelman in case Faulk can't go.

Indy has a good reputation for drafting people.  For a good number of years they haven't had any extra money to buy talent, so either they draft well or they flop.

Swiping someone useful and unguarded from a potential rival is an NFL tradition.  It improves your team and it reduces your rival's effectiveness.  The Colts grabbed the Patriots' Dan Klecko after he didn't quite make the September roster.

Finally, the rookie brings over all the latest gossip about the Colts' offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Paul, one area of clarification for you.  This statement:

For a good number of years they haven't had any extra money to buy talent, so either they draft well or they flop.

Is actually off base.  It assumes that Indy would operate in the FA market if they had the money to do so.  Money or not (which can be debated), its not Indy's M.O. 

Indy does not typically participate in the vet FA market.  They prefer to build from within.  Sure this year they picked up Deshea Townsend, but they just don't typically go after the high priced market.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Great point on Colts mostly homegrown via draft roster Paul-K .

( though this guy was an undrafted rook )

Wonder if any sharing of info between Javarris James & Pats might get funneled  onto the TEXANS
    ( Colts week 1 opponent ) ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

as a die hard canes fan...he is nothing like his older cousin(obviousy) and hits the holes very slowly...he is fairly good at juking people in some open space but i cant see him being any better than what the pats already have

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]Great point on Colts mostly homegrown via draft roster Paul-K . ( though this guy was an undrafted rook )   Wonder if any sharing of info between Javarris James & Pats might get funneled  onto the TEXANS ( Colts week 1 opponent ) ?
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]
    I guess if one team can't beat them, might as well have 2 working to do it, I suppose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

All around solid back.Loves Football. Quick to the hole, subtle moves,  good instincts, good hands and he can block..

He sounds  like a emergency back up for Kevin Faulk.

Funny they both have  hall of fame cousins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE] All around solid back.Loves Football. Quick to the hole, subtle moves,  good instincts, good hands and he can block..  He sounds  like a emergency back up for Kevin Faulk.  Funny they both have  hall of fame cousins.
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

Who both played for the colts.  Pats really do follow the colts, hmm.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Well given that the Colts have been sticking it to us on the field a lot lately picking up a practice squad player from them is a pretty hollow moment, if you don't mind me saying so. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]He's an OK back. Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Pretty much said it. As a Canes fan he was a big disappoint for me especially with all the hype about being Edge's cousin. Maybe BB saw something he likes and thinks he more coachable than Maroney.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

And the ... Ahem "hightlight" shows he can run through a huge hole almost untouched down an open field... lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Didn't Charles Rogers win a heisman for doing that?  He was a nice pro. 

That said, I liked James.  Wish him the best.

Sections
Shortcuts