Patriots Still Looking For New Protege For Brady....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Patriots Still Looking For New Protege For Brady....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html

"The Patriots don’t have an immediate need at quarterback, but they’re continuing to show interest in drafting one.

Our list of pre-draft visits shows that the Patriots have spent time with Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger, Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray and Virginia Tech quarterback Logan Thomas. According to Boston.com, the list of quarterbacks the Patriots have spent time with at Pro Day workouts also includes Eastern Illinois’s Jimmy Garoppolo, Ohio State’s Kenny Guiton, Alabama’s A.J. McCarron, South Carolina’s Connor Shaw and Ball State’s Keith Wenning.

And the latest name to the list of quarterbacks the Patriots have been linked to is Northern Colorado’s Seth Lobato, a raw, 6-foot-6 former basketball player.

The Patriots might be thinking now about what they’ll do at quarterback when Tom Brady retires. Or they could be trying to light a fire under Brady. Or they could be trying to pick the brains of as many quarterbacks as they can, as offensive schemes increasingly migrate from college to the NFL. Whatever the reasons, by the time of the draft in three weeks, it appears that the Patriots will have talked to just about every available quarterback."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who knows what they will do. They certainly have options.  I guess it will depend on whether they move Mallett on draft day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Patriots Still Looking For New Protege For Brady....

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't need to move Mallet.  Do they want a rookie back up from day 1?  Oh ya, they have emergency QB Edelman.  LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html

"

The Patriots don’t have an immediate need at quarterback, but they’re continuing to show interest in drafting one.

Our list of pre-draft visits shows that the Patriots have spent time with Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger, Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray and Virginia Tech quarterback Logan Thomas. According to Boston.com, the list of quarterbacks the Patriots have spent time with at Pro Day workouts also includes Eastern Illinois’s Jimmy Garoppolo, Ohio State’s Kenny Guiton, Alabama’s A.J. McCarron, South Carolina’s Connor Shaw and Ball State’s Keith Wenning.

And the latest name to the list of quarterbacks the Patriots have been linked to is Northern Colorado’s Seth Lobato, a raw, 6-foot-6 former basketball player.

The Patriots might be thinking now about what they’ll do at quarterback when Tom Brady retires. Or they could be trying to light a fire under Brady. Or they could be trying to pick the brains of as many quarterbacks as they can, as offensive schemes increasingly migrate from college to the NFL. Whatever the reasons, by the time of the draft in three weeks, it appears that the Patriots will have talked to just about every available quarterback.

"

Who knows what they will do. They certainly have options.  I guess it will depend on whether they move Mallett on draft day.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

IMHO the replacement for Brady is not currently in the NFL or this years draft. I'm still holding out hope they can somehow trade into the top of the 1st round  next year and get Mariotta.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

"Or they could be trying to light a fire under Brady."

Early nominee for preposterous statement of 2014.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

draft day can't come soon enough....lol

still have high hopes that we address our weakness: pass rush, OL/DL, SS, TE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Landing today's ny post, there was a strong support for Savage. That he may even be moving up in the draft, scouts love his arm, accuracy, size, moderate athleticism. they were saying if he hadn't moved around so much he could have been a first rounder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

"

The Patriots don’t have an immediate need at quarterback, but they’re continuing to show interest in drafting one.

The Patriots might be thinking now about what they’ll do at quarterback when Tom Brady retires. Or they could be trying to light a fire under Brady. Or they could be trying to pick the brains of as many quarterbacks as they can, as offensive schemes increasingly migrate from college to the NFL. Whatever the reasons, by the time of the draft in three weeks, it appears that the Patriots will have talked to just about every available quarterback.

"

[/QUOTE]

When you ACTUALLY said that they "could be trying to light a fire under Brady" you lost ALLLLLLL credibility. No matter what you think about Brady that is the LAST thing anyone would need to do.

Good luck with your day job.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/new-england-patriots-continue-showing-interest-in-quarterback-prospects-191208352-nfl.html

"

"

[/QUOTE]

When you ACTUALLY said that they "could be trying to light a fire under Brady" you lost ALLLLLLL credibility. No matter what you think about Brady that is the LAST thing anyone would need to do.

[/QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost in Jet LandW

We sure have a few ace sports psychologists on this board. I mean all TB has to to do is a try a little harder. Am sure that's what we haven't won a SB. Yes I am sure that is the reason. It is just so obvious

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO.  Actually, that wasn't my quote. That was the original author of the article.  Umm, who has lost credibility?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Landing today's ny post, there was a strong support for Savage. That he may even be moving up in the draft, scouts love his arm, accuracy, size, moderate athleticism. they were saying if he hadn't moved around so much he could have been a first rounder.

[/QUOTE]

what do Jets have to do with the article?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Or they could be trying to light a fire under Brady."

Early nominee for preposterous statement of 2014.

[/QUOTE]

first of all....that wasn't my quote.  Secondly, why is it preposterous?  Brady doesn't need to play better in playoffs? If memory serves me correctly, all three phases of the game and coaching seemed pretty sub par in recent losses in the playoffs; including Brady.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMHO the replacement for Brady is not currently in the NFL or this years draft. I'm still holding out hope they can somehow trade into the top of the 1st round  next year and get Mariotta.

[/QUOTE]

There is no replacement for Brady. There's only one.  But they do need to find their next QB eventually. The question is will that be sooner or later?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what do Jets have to do with the article?

[/QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Landing am a pats fan

i live in nj

nj is jets land

i read the ny post , it has the best sports section, not as good as the globe used to be, but it has interesting tid bits every once in awhile. seeing this savage guy has a gun, some size and dome skills, is getting a pre draft bounce, maybe this guy is a possibility. For the Pats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Landing am a pats fan

i live in nj

nj is jets land

i read the ny post , it has the best sports section, not as good as the globe used to be, but it has interesting tid bits every once in awhile. seeing this savage guy has a gun, some size and dome skills, is getting a pre draft bounce, maybe this guy is a possibility. For the Pats

[/QUOTE]

ahhh. That makes much more sense now...lol.  Not against drafting a QB in this years draft - but my guess is that Mallett would have to be traded away some time during draft weekend.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I agree the pats will be looking for another arm in the draft. But they will have Mallet for this year, and TB for most likely the next few. I don't see a 3rd or 4th being utilized, but rather an UDFA or a later pick a la Cassell...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I am sort of thinking taht with Mallett assumed gone next year and stying this year, That Bb is serious aobut finding some one who could learn to be soieone who is learning the sytem this year so he doesnt have a rookie bak up next year. I think he might pull the trigger on day 2

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Too bad they can't replace Brady now.

If they must draft a QB (BB's track record beyond Brady is horrible), I would use the tried and true 26/27/60 formula.

I would take Jeff Mathews (Cornell) in the 5th-6th round. 40 Wonderlic, >27 starts, >60% comp%.

A sleeper.

Can't be worse than his past post Brady QB selections.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too bad they can't replace Brady now.

If they must draft a QB (BB's track record beyond Brady is horrible), I would use the tried and true 26/27/60 formula.

I would take Jeff Mathews (Cornell) in the 5th-6th round. 40 Wonderlic, >27 starts, >60% comp%.

A sleeper.

Can't be worse than his past post Brady QB selections.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

[/QUOTE]

And of course BB has been drafting Qs in the first 2 rounds for how many years? And once in the 3rd round in the last 14 years or so.

He also has a really bad track record drafting relief pitchers.

King of the Rumba Beat? Maybe king of something else...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

BB did ok with both Cassell and Hoyer

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

I am sort of thinking taht with Mallett assumed gone next year and stying this year, That Bb is serious aobut finding some one who could learn to be soieone who is learning the sytem this year so he doesnt have a rookie bak up next year. I think he might pull the trigger on day 2

[/QUOTE]

Mallet has no trade value next year.  If the price is right....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I agree with those saying to get a game-manager.  Gimme high completion rates guy who managed a balanced attack no frills Offense out of a B+-A named program.  Pocket prescence to keep plays alive...no insanity when keeping plays alive (see Mark Sanchez)...ZERO cannon arm or overrated garbage (Top 1-2 guys I do not care).  6'4, pocket prescence just with that 6th sense to recognize that I've been in the pocket a second too long, and this guy from over here is probably gonna get me, so I gotta move and slide just a bit...just make the completion over I'm gonna make the big completion...and it's not all about me, it IS what the defense shows and it IS the play-type and play-direction that will probably best counter what their D is showing us THIS play...then the next...TOP- keep drives and plays alive at it's barest mistake-free minimum.

I love Tom...  But I know acutely well, That I loved the 24 year old 2000-2001 Subaru driving just make anything whatsoever work Tom...  The 38 year old married to the supermodel Tom is excellent come regular season games...but is too worn down come the playoffs and is too overly independent based on his vast success come the biggest matchups.  Das it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with those saying to get a game-manager.  Gimme high completion rates guy who managed a balanced attack no frills Offense out of a B+-A named program.  Pocket prescence to keep plays alive...no insanity when keeping plays alive (see Mark Sanchez)...ZERO cannon arm or overrated garbage (Top 1-2 guys I do not care).  6'4, pocket prescence just with that 6th sense to recognize that I've been in the pocket a second too long, and this guy from over here is probably gonna get me, so I gotta move and slide just a bit...just make the completion over I'm gonna make the big completion...and it's not all about me, it IS what the defense shows and it IS the play-type and play-direction that will probably best counter what their D is showing us THIS play...then the next...TOP- keep drives and plays alive at it's barest mistake-free minimum.

I love Tom...  But I know acutely well, That I loved the 24 year old 2000-2001 Subaru driving just make anything whatsoever work Tom...  The 38 year old married to the supermodel Tom is excellent come regular season games...but is too worn down come the playoffs and is too overly independent based on his vast success come the biggest matchups.  Das it. 

[/QUOTE]

I dont think he is worn down  , just as he goes from regular seadon to playoffs. i think the better question is whyis the oline not as good

It just sounds like you have problems identifying with TB now and apply waht is in your mind to him

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont think he is worn down  , just as he goes from regular seadon to playoffs. i think the better question is whyis the oline not as good

It just sounds like you have problems identifying with TB now and apply waht is in your mind to him

[/QUOTE]

The OL is/was built to keep Brady upright. They have had their share of games when 3 DL can get pressure on him.  I've looked for some stats regarding hits/hurries/sacks/ and pressures by game and season.  Can't find it.

Brady isn't clutch anymore. IMO, he tries to force things at times because he probably feels he has no choice. He is very human when he gets pressured - and since he's not mobile - the pass offense gets the short end of the stick.  Plus, the OL isn't built for run blocking.

Sections
Shortcuts