Patriots stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

Re: Patriots stink

Wow, look at all the fair weather fans on this board!!! This just pathetic, they haven't had 2 great games and your already throwing Brady under the bus? What is wrong with you people? Last year I'll bet you were the same folks that wanted to give Cassel a bus ticket. Now, you're saying we should have kept Cassel and traded Brady? Are you all that insane over a couple of early season games? The Defense and Offense both improved since last week as has Brady, and will be better next week. I suspect there with a couple more games under their belts, you will all be singing a different tune. The lost a few too many veteran players, so now they have to get some experience to make up for it. The play-offs aren't out of reach yet, we had a rough start last year and we almost made it with so many injuries.

Oh, and how many of you folks crying, are the same ones that complained the defensive line was too old? Now they are too young, you're just never happy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtroth. Show jtroth's posts

The problem lies with the coordinators. We've lost too many over the last few years, and now it has caught up to us. If a team is blitzing 6-8 defenders on almost every play and you don't adjust by running at least a few screens or draws, you ARE retarded! Period! Of course Brady is going to be hurried on every play if he's waiting for 20-yard plays to develop down field while 7 or 8 defenders are pressuring him within seconds. It's simple math. Same goes for the defensive coordinators, who have made us a reactive defense, not a proactive one. The Patriots used to dictate play, now it seems as if we are simply reacting to what the other teams want to do (i.e. Gary Guyton running around the field like a chicken with his head cut off!). Where are the nasty attitudes we used to have on defense? Sanders and Merriweather can hit, but the defensive backs aren't aggressive enough. Watch the Steelers - that's a defense that dictates play and is just nasty on every single play! We need more hunger from both players AND coaches!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots stink:
    In Response to Re: Patriots stink : I agree that blind allegience is not the answer, but I think you are going over board here. I watched the game from a sports bar yesterday and a Pats fan next to me said his dad had heard a team rumor that BB hated Seymour and was glad to send him packing. If that rumor is true, it could mean that vainity got in the way of winning. Maybe thisis why Samuels, Branch, Woody and others were let go so easily. One thing that has chnaged on the D that nobody is mentioning is that they look so stagnant.  I don't think they are playing poorly.  That would the the rest of the team. But remember when they used to move around, shuffle, twitch, stutter-step to keep the opposing O's off-balance.  It worked great.  So why did they stop using is a few years back? As for missed players, what about Ted Johnson?  Once he was gone, the Pats stopped being dominant on the D.  Coincidence? BB is still a premier coach. Unfortunately, I don't feel the same way about some of the other coaches on the team.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

It is funny, because if you ever followed the Pats then you would know that those players and Seymour were asking for more money than they were worth....that is what made it easy to let them go...(well that and it was really easy getting the 1st round picks for Branch and Seymour that helped make those easier).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from superniceone. Show superniceone's posts

Relax Pats fans.  You cant win them all.  It was a poor effort all around by the players AND the coaches.  Brady will get his timing back, the defense will get better.  My only real concern is Dan Pees.  Bill has got to take over the defensive signal calling Pee's has no clue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

The problem lies with the coordinators. We've lost too many over the last few years, and now it has caught up to us. If a team is blitzing 6-8 defenders on almost every play and you don't adjust by running at least a few screens or draws, you ARE retarded! Period! Of course Brady is going to be hurried on every play if he's waiting for 20-yard plays to develop down field while 7 or 8 defenders are pressuring him within seconds. It's simple math. Same goes for the defensive coordinators, who have made us a reactive defense, not a proactive one. The Patriots used to dictate play, now it seems as if we are simply reacting to what the other teams want to do (i.e. Gary Guyton running around the field like a chicken with his head cut off!). Where are the nasty attitudes we used to have on defense? Sanders and Merriweather can hit, but the defensive backs aren't aggressive enough. Watch the Steelers - that's a defense that dictates play and is just nasty on every single play! We need more hunger from both players AND coaches!
    Posted by jtroth

there is nothing wrong with the Coordinators or the Defense.....if the players don't make the plays, then there is a problem....

The problem is the offense, mainly Brady and the WR's being on the same page.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Relax Pats fans.  You cant win them all.  It was a poor effort all around by the players AND the coaches.  Brady will get his timing back, the defense will get better.  My only real concern is Dan Pees.  Bill has got to take over the defensive signal calling Pee's has no clue.
    Posted by superniceone

the Pats are averaging 16.5 PPG against.....nothing wrong with the DEFENSE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TVSalesguy. Show TVSalesguy's posts

Actually only 4 of the Jets O-linemen are 1st Rounders...being a Jet fan, it was a great day...However, It is only the 2nd game and I do expect the Pats to win the East.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Just looking at how many posts there have been on this thread in such a short amount of time I dont even need to read these to know its all gloom and doom. Dont get me wrong we looked like sh*t in yesterdays game but its week two and Brady is still rusty so teh sky is not falling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

A coaching change? What a moron...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from STP43FAN. Show STP43FAN's posts

That's an understatement..........they were better last year with Cassel.....Brady is not the same and the defense s^&%&$#%@#s......unfortunatley looking like a rebuilding year...could be a couple years before we see them in the playoffs again. I know its early but don't see them going this year, too many holes to fill.
    Posted by hifiguy

The defense is fine.  And what holes do they have to fill?  You're assuming the Patriots, whose history is of developing and improving as the season progresses, won't do the same this year.  You can't make that assumption.  The receivers have to hit defenders more, but that will develop as the season goes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangemhigh. Show hangemhigh's posts

brady had no protection at all.....its only game 2....they were outplayed...big deal,there's a long was to go.....no, they don't stink...just a bad game by the whole team......it happens all the time to other teams but very seldom to the patroits....WE'VE BEEN SPOILED FOR SO LONG THAT SOME FANS CAN'T SEE THAT

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Posted by superniceone

nothing wrong with the D......

NE finished 8th in defense last year with Pees, what did he do wrong?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangemhigh. Show hangemhigh's posts

TO TOM BRADY AND THE PATRIOTS........DON'T LISTEN TO MOST OF THESE IDIOTS....ONE TERRIBLE GAME DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING...THE REAL FAITHFUL KNOW YOU WILL WORK THINGS OUT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chokeme. Show chokeme's posts

The O-Line was a pleasant surprise? They are swiss cheese who can't run or pass block? Just because the Jets had no sacks does not mean the line was effective.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBuster. Show PatsBuster's posts

And the dirty birds/Falcons will stink you guys up even more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

the worst game i've seen in a long time with brady in charge, i can't believe they couldn't adjust to the blitz better. they had the right idea using the no huddle to wear down the defense, but i think they abandoned it the second half
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I have seen almost all of the Pats games going back to 1997 (didn't have a TV from '94-'96), plus a lot of games before ten gong back to the '70s. 

I have watched almost every Brady game.  I have to write, even though he has had worse statistical games (Chargers, Colts, Miami, Buffalo, and others), this was the worst I saw him play.  Basically, he lost the game.  I am guessing that most of the delay penalties were on him - he was spending a ton of time on audibles.  Take away those delay s and they probably win.  But that was just one aspect of his poor game, which included poor mechanics, panicky throws, errant throws, desperations throws, etc.  He is likely paying with pain, but he may also need a sports pyschologist.  He has not played fully well since the game before the AFC Championships. Then he had the sprain.  Then he skipped a bunch of voluntary team training in 2007.  Then he was poor in last year's start until injured.  He was not very good this preseason, either. His head is not right.  But who is going to tell him to do it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bryanwiener. Show bryanwiener's posts

You guys sound like a bunch of babies.  Fairweather fans.  Adjustments will be made. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Simple math: Brady + Too much time spent with Giselle = Bad QB He didn't put nearly the same amount of time he used to put in the offseason when he was single.
    Posted by nuzzy

It is a harsh criticism, but it does ring true.  Same happened to Bledsoe.  It would probably a happen to most of us.  By natural design, we strive to excel to become attractive to our perfect mate.  But once we get our perfect mate, do we strive as much, or does contentment douse our inner fire?  It is human nature.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Pats dynasty is over-Belichek is overrated-no running game- no Brady to Moss- no defense-Jets trashed talked and backed it up- Pats finish last this year- remember Bills should have won last week-poor draft choice of taking a qb in third round, Kevin Oconnell and then cutting him, when the defense is pathetic and needs to be rebuilt- they had their chance with undefeated season-Giants beat them and it is all downhill from here on- Fire Belichek- trade Brady- start from scratch
    Posted by bramrok

Most inept post so far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

THIS IS NOT THE SUPER BOWL PATRIOTS TEAN ANYMORE. NO WAY THEY WOULD HAVE ALLOWED A TEAM TO MOUTH OFF LIKE THAT AND THEN GO OUT AND PLAY SO HORRIBLE.THE OFFENSE IS TOO PREDICTABLE (SHOTGUN, THROW A PASS UNDER PRESSURE, PASS OFF TARGET). THE DEFENSE HAS NO PASS RUSH (DID BURGESS PLAY YET?) AND NO PLAYMAKERS.THEY ARE BORING TO WATCH. I KNOW ITS ONLY THE SECOND GAME BUT ITS A QUESTION OF TALENT AND FOOTBALL SMARTS .
    Posted by GGFRANK

In truth, Plaxico Burris did mouth-off before the SB and the Pats rewarded him with SB MVP status.  The Pats have lost too many leaders, the QB has not recovered mentally from the injury (as I predicted would be the case last year when it happened, having had many kneee injuries myself) and the offensive play-calling has been weak since the middle of the 2007 season. I do see hope in the D.  But the tackling on D and special teams was just an extension of the same problems they had by the middle of 2007.  We really are lacking play-makers.

I do not see this team correcting so many problems within the season and still winning the division.  I see potential for a wild card spot, but even that will be tough against what probably maythe Steelers and Colts in competiton for those spots.

As for comments about Moss past his prime, the guy just had a huge game last week. 

BTW, why was Welker inactive?  IS their a rift going on inside this team?  Has the house-cleaning, and especailly the trade of Seyour, soured he players?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

What a sorry group of lamo fans. This team has been awesome for many years now and this is how you feel. Go root for another team you sorry group of losers. When they start to gel and come back to win the division and head into the playoffs you should all be forced to watch someone else. Ya, none of you have had a bad day at work. I've never been so disappointed in the fan base in my life. what a bunch of sorry jerks.
    Posted by hoochiemgg

I agree that some people are way overboard.  Some are definitely trolls.  But there are legit criticisms and they have not played a decent game since the AFC divisional round for 2007.  It is not one bad game under Brady - it is a trend, and that is what is disconcerting. 

BTW, nobody mentioned the horrible play calls on their last drive. They had plenty of time, but they desperately tried to score on one play each of the first three plays.  And if it had worked, they would have left enough time on the clock for the Jets.  Why?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots stink : It is funny, because if you ever followed the Pats then you would know that those players and Seymour were asking for more money than they were worth....that is what made it easy to let them go...(well that and it was really easy getting the 1st round picks for Branch and Seymour that helped make those easier).
    Posted by m1020us

I have been a Pats fan since the '80s.   I have watched almost every game since '97, even though it means watching at a sports bar here in Illinois since 1998.

I know that they wanted primo money.  Samuels is proving worth that money.  If they had kept Branch, most would agree they would have won the SB in 2006.  Same goes for Ty Law.  They would likely have won in 2005 and 2006 with him on the Pats. So do you think in hindsight they may have been worth it after all?  I do. 

Part of the reason they left is that the management was slow in offering a reasonable, new contract.  We have heard that from many Pats's player seeking a new contract. Some hinted that they would have stayed had the intial offers not been downright insulting, which is what sent the negotiations off-track to start.

I reported a rumor.  Yeah, I know, a rumor.  But is it possible these players had not been willing to give hometown discounts because of friction with the leadership?  The Branch, Milloy and Law departures seemed to indicate as much.  Hey, I could be wrong, but it was interesting to ponder.  And in light of the extremely flat play of the team of late, maybe the nature of the Seymour and Vrabel departures is psychologically harming the chemistry of the team, the way pundits thought Milloy's cut would doom the Pats in 2003, though in that case they were proven wrong. 

And to the homers that can't believe fans should question the Pats at this juncture by claiming that it is "only week two", let me restate that they have shown a lot of flaws and weakness going back to late in the 2007 season.  Brady was weak in the AFC Champs in 2007, weak in the SB in 2007, weak in his start last year, weak this pre-season, weak in the first half last week and week all yesterday.  All that cannot be simply blamed on Week 2 jitters.  This team is in a definite funk and fans are here to debate why.  It is perfectly normal and not exactly treasonous.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYLeon. Show NYLeon's posts

Ahahahahaha What a great thread and only the 2nd week!

What's next week ?Fire Brady Fire BB you all sound like a bunch of whiny ,finger pointing red sawx fans...wait a minute ...never mind!

LOL and How are ya!?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

What a sorry group of lamo fans. This team has been awesome for many years now and this is how you feel. Go root for another team you sorry group of losers. When they start to gel and come back to win the division and head into the playoffs you should all be forced to watch someone else. Ya, none of you have had a bad day at work. I've never been so disappointed in the fan base in my life. what a bunch of sorry jerks.
    Posted by hoochiemgg

Don't lump all Pats fans into your sorry jerk quote hooch. They stunk 2 weeks in a row. First game they were given a gift. They stunk both games really. I know it is only week 2, but lets just see where they are at come week 4 or 5. You have to admit they need to turn it around quickly or they will be trying to play catch up all season long. The past is the past and they were a great team then and need to step up to prove they are still a high quality team today. The time for excuses is over. I don't want to hear about the injuries. Good teams work around injuries and win. Period. Go Pats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from eric17. Show eric17's posts

they will come around it was bound to happen they have not looked like the pats we know but like i say "in bill we trust" this week might say alot more aganst the falcons we will see if they make the right changes brady looked good in first half of the jets game but who knows they could not finshish a drive we will see sunday

Sections
Shortcuts