Patriots stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSODEN. Show SSODEN's posts

Re: Patriots stink

1) It will take Brady most of the season to fully recover from the knee injury, if you notice he was not stepping into his throws. The knee brace is clearly a problem plus a bit of being gun shy.

2) The run game is what is hurting the offense, with a good run game the Jets could not rush the passer 18-24 times during the game. Sure Taylor looked good on a drive or two but we are lacking a solid running attack that can kill clock and lift a sputtering passing game...

3) LB's , we have some issues at the LB position. Thomas is a good player but is over running the football creating cutback lanes for the HB. Guyton is lost out there, he needs some serious help.

4) Depth, we have a lot of depth on various sides of the football. I was pleased to see Galloway and the rookie WR play a decent game today with Welker being hurt. Galloway dropped a 4th down pass in tight pass coverage but everyone makes a mistake or two through the course of a football game. Wait until Brady gets his mojo back and the two can correct and perfect their timing on the out routes.

5) Secondary, the Pats secondary looked good again. The Jets were held to a couple of plays that were extended via broken or missed tackles. The Pats were able to offer another good performance from their secondary even though they muster almost no pass rush. Fix the pass rush and turnovers will start to show up.

6) Seymour, he's gonzo, he is a Raider now. Who cares about what he MAY have done in a Pats uniform this year. There is veteran hole in the Dline, but the Pats have chose to go younger. Most of you in here have said that in the past the old defense was the Pats weakness. Well let's see it play out over the course of this and next year. I see a couple of stars in making on the Pats dline that will now get a shot to shine...

7) Pass protection, I thought it was ok today. When you have little to no running game and a QB out of sinc, it makes sense that Brady was hurried so much. He almost never stepped up in the pocket like he has in the past. Multiple times he was throwing from his back foot.

In short, Patriots nation  needs to man-up and say good game to the Jets. It's not the end of our season. The Jets won a game, close game at home. A game that they should have won if they want to be competitive in the AFC East. No biggy, we weathered their best shot and now look forward to the next game at home against the Jets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617Suffolkcounty. Show 617Suffolkcounty's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots stink : That is a really cool screen name there. Maybe I should change mine to 619longisland or something.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

lol thanks. I was actually at the game today. Didn't go through Long Island but did drive threw New York city.

My gawd.. What a dump that place is. Not even joking you can smell the sewage almost constantly. My point is we think we have it bad because we lost a week 2 football game.. Look at how New Yorkers live on a daily basis it's like a third world country. Not to be a racist or anything but you ask for directions you can't get the native language.

Also they can't even serve the paying costomers there. Sold out crowd and no parking spaces got to the stadium at 1030ish got in there at 150. Left before the third quarter ended not out of fustration but cause I couldn't wait to get back home to Massachusetts it's like a luxuary suite here compared to down there.

Let the Jets have the game. Cause tomorrow morning the harsh reality will kick in for those poor bastards that live there.. What a disgusting place lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonInSac. Show DonInSac's posts

I understand that the Patriots' running game leaves something to be desired, but show me a football team that averages 50 passes per game, as the Pats have done in these first two games, and I'll show you a loser. They need to at least somewhat diversify the offense and show some patience with the running game if just to keep opposing defenses honest. If they get into a 50-pass/no-running- game shootout with New Orleans or any other good offense, later on this year, combined with their no-pass-rush defense, the Pats will get lit up like a pinball machine.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATXPatfan. Show ATXPatfan's posts

Guys - are you really serious?  Or are you a bunch of Jets fans trying to get people all excited?  "Rebuilding year?!?"  LOL

Two games into the season and you're sucking on the tailpipe already!  LOL...

Did you think they'd go undefeated again?  There are 14 games left for petes sake.  The Jets won at home...big deal.

In 2001, they started 0 - 2 and went on to win the Superbowl.   In '03 they lost to the Bills 31 - 0 (!) in the first game and went on to win another Superbowl.

The defense is not playing bad at all - they're only giving up 16.5 points to teams that scored 28 and 33 in their other games.

Everyone take a deep breath and back away from the ledge.  Once Brady, Moss and Welker get rolling, we're looking at winning 12+ games. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from farqub. Show farqub's posts

This team will be fine.  Tom Brady has literally played 2.5 "real" games since the super bowl loss to the Giants.  Of course his timing will be off...  New receivers in the mix, a new defense and new coaches.

It all is based on if we can hang in there for the first few weeks, get some wins, and elevate our game so that we are firing on all cylinders come playoffs.

Remember... everyone expects this team to run a perfect board.  It doesn't happen. Personally, I'd rather them lose now, adjust and come back strong next week than lose at the end of the year.

We will be ok.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TadhgMcNasty. Show TadhgMcNasty's posts

Of course you can't give credit to the Jets.  You're a sore loser.

In Response to Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]Wow. The Pats stink. I can't even give credit to the Jets. The Patriots stayed in  the locker room at halftime I think. I can't believe they can't get into the endzone. If Brady could make a half decent pass he could have some touchdowns. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]The past is the past. Should've kept Cassel cheap and traded Brady for 2 first rounders. The team would be about the same this year but in better shape for the future. I really hope I am proven wrong, but that's the way it looks now.
    Posted by tom12isgod[/QUOTE]

God, you are an idiot....

Wow, look the boat just got lighter...everyone is jumping ship.....

Oh and for the idiots who think that the D stinks....we gave up 17 & 16 points in the first 2 games......Yeah, you people are idiots.  It wasn't the D that lost us the games, it was the offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hebertf. Show hebertf's posts

I knew with the house cleaning on the defense that we were in for trouble. But never in my wildest dream did I think that the coaching staff would look so inept. For the second straight week this team was outcoached in every phase of the game. Guys don't know the offense, they don't even know where to line up, the defense plays like they're confused. That all boils down to poor coaching. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATXPatfan. Show ATXPatfan's posts

Wow...these Jets posts are crazy...when that Jets player said "this game is their Superbowl" you guys know he was speaking figuratively right?  You didn't "literally" just win the Superbowl.  LOL

I guess when your team has only been to one Superbowl and that was 40 years...it can be kind of confusing to hear a player say that!

The road to the AFC East still goes through New England.  Beat the Pats at home in November and then i will be impressed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

[QUOTE]The past is the past. Should've kept Cassel cheap and traded Brady for 2 first rounders. The team would be about the same this year but in better shape for the future. I really hope I am proven wrong, but that's the way it looks now.

RELAX, RELAX, Tom will be Fine...  It was not only one Player who lost the game today.  It was the whole Team.  OUR PATS were just out-Performed in every phase of the Game and Yes our PATS were Out-Coach as well.  BB know what needs to be done.  Just Relax and watch.  Go PATS 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617Suffolkcounty. Show 617Suffolkcounty's posts

[QUOTE]Wow...these Jets posts are crazy...when that Jets player said "this game is their Superbowl" you guys know he was speaking figuratively right?  You didn't "literally" just win the Superbowl.  LOL I guess when your team has only been to one Superbowl and that was 40 years...it can be kind of confusing to hear a player say that! The road to the AFC East still goes through New England.  Beat the Pats at home in November and then i will be impressed.
    Posted by ATXPatfan[/QUOTE]

Agree. The Jets don't scare me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from silly4199. Show silly4199's posts

ok everyone,just calm down, its only game 2, dont give up on tom terrific, afterall he is a bit rusty we all see that, hopefully, they will make adjustments, hopefully very soon, cause i dont want to watch another game like that again...can we try to get charlie weis back, please..the play calling really needs improvement!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617Suffolkcounty. Show 617Suffolkcounty's posts

[QUOTE]Of course you can't give credit to the Jets.  You're a sore loser. In Response to Patriots stink :
    Posted by TadhgMcNasty[/QUOTE]

I can give the Giants credit. The Jets are tennants that pay rent and play in GIANTS stadium. Who gives a foulkedy faulke nuts about a second rate team in a second rate city?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

To all the morons that post and think the Pats are done were probably saying that over the past 9 seasons, except for maybe 2007 when they obliterated averyone in thier path for the first 10 games, but people forget the last 6 games and the playoffs were all tight games.  That run is ancient history.  This team went 2-2 in 2003 and what happened there?  Ummm...Not saying this is a Super Bowl contender, but this is WEEK 2!!!  WEEK 2!!!  The Jets acted like they won the Super Bowl, and it was kind of embarassing.  Let's talk after week 11-12?  Remember the Jets were picked to win it all last year after beating the Pats and the Titans...What happened to that team?  Oh yeah now I remember...Those that don't know the game, and that is many just be patient.  Remember we all thought the Pats would go 3-13 w/Cassel at the helm?  What happened?  First 11-5 to NOT make the playoffs!!!  I am done...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patafan. Show patafan's posts

WOW  what a bunch of whinners ,biatch and moan and complain ,that all I read on these posts . You all must have short term memmory lose or are JET FAN TROLLS . Lets go back to our 1st SUPER BOWL WIN , try to remmember how we started that season , were we not 5 and 5 at the beginning ? So how did we do that year ?
       Quit your complaning and have a little faith in BILL , TOM . AND THE COACHING STAFF . They are one of the best in the NFL. Now all of you get some rest and try to think positive , good things will happen to our team this year .
     To the JET TROLLS we will see you at THE RAZOR soon .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

[QUOTE]I knew with the house cleaning on the defense that we were in for trouble. But never in my wildest dream did I think that the coaching staff would look so inept. For the second straight week this team was outcoached in every phase of the game. Guys don't know the offense, they don't even know where to line up, the defense plays like they're confused. That all boils down to poor coaching. 
    Posted by hebertf[/QUOTE]

VERY Well Said...  I do Agree 100%....  BB needs to get his Head out of his Butt* and Turn this Team into a world Class TEAM that it is.  On Paper it's the best Team in the NFL...  BB need to put it into Action. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom12isgod. Show tom12isgod's posts

You guys are right. I was way out of line with that one. Sometimes I say things I don't really mean when I am angry. I just couldn't stand that the Jets talked sh*t all week and then backed it up. Apologies for the impulsive negativity. Focusing on positives now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KC20. Show KC20's posts

I think Patriots Nation needs to at least consider that we may never see the Brady that we are used to seeing.  I was at the game today and I thought he was terrible.  I will give credit to the Jets defense.  They play hard and aggressive but Brady had a lot of open receivers today that he just flat out missed.  I have been to the last 8-10 Pats/Jets games down here and this was the first time I saw the crowd NOT worried about Brady tearing them up.  He's a shell of his former self.  Will he get better as the year goes along ?  I'm sure he will but it's going to have to be a lot better.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Of course you can't give credit to the Jets.  You're a sore loser. In Response to Patriots stink :
    Posted by TadhgMcNasty[/QUOTE]

Do you really think the Jets were great today? Com'on Tad. They were a touchdown better than the shadow of a team know as the Patriots. The Jets played a touchdown better than the Patriots today. Period. "Sore loser" you say, I think not. Hard to be a loser when I didn't play in the game. I lost nothing today. The Patriots simply stunk and the Jets stunk a bit less for the win. Simple.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike123987. Show Mike123987's posts

The Dynasty is over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike- I am sorry you think that................oh wait.....You are a troll!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

They should be 0-2. 

They have fallen to the rest of the mediocre pack of teams in the NFL.

THeir defense is awful and the offense can't score either. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. The Pats stink. I can't even give credit to the Jets. The Patriots stayed in  the locker room at halftime I think. I can't believe they can't get into the endzone. If Brady could make a half decent pass he could have some touchdowns. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Did you people really think this was going to be a wide open, high scoring, Patriot blow out? Rex Ryan is a defensive genius and the JESTS do have the talent. This figured to be a low-scoring game, and Brady better quit the whining and pretty-boy stuff and get used to this. Whether it is these guys, the Ravens, or the Steelers, we need to win this type of game. My worry is that by year-end, Sanchez may have his act together. But give the opponent credit for outstanding defense. By the way, why did we pick up a one dimensional 37 year old receiver who no longer has that one dimension? Galloway is worthless.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Pats dynasty is over-Belichek is overrated-no running game- no Brady to Moss- no defense-Jets trashed talked and backed it up- Pats finish last this year- remember Bills should have won last week-poor draft choice of taking a qb in third round, Kevin Oconnell and then cutting him, when the defense is pathetic and needs to be rebuilt- they had their chance with undefeated season-Giants beat them and it is all downhill from here on- Fire Belichek- trade Brady- start from scratch

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots stink : God, you are an idiot.... Wow, look the boat just got lighter...everyone is jumping ship..... Oh and for the idiots who think that the D stinks....we gave up 17 & 16 points in the first 2 games......Yeah, you people are idiots.  It wasn't the D that lost us the games, it was the offense.
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

The d was great today. We faced a first class defense today, and our defense matched them for the most part, which nobody expected. For them, Sanchez will improve. For us, so will the d. So we have a good, old fashioned rivalry brewing, not unlike  Sox-Yanks. Enjoy it. We are 1-1 and you act like it is the end of the world. Give me a break.