Patriots stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbref86. Show fbref86's posts

Re: Patriots stink

This was another example of the classless Belichick when he loses.   That end of game "handshake" may have been the worst in NFL history!
    To all of you who think there is no reason to be concerned, you've had too much kool aid.  At the very least the Pat's are an old team and MAY be very mediocre this year.  Things in the NFL move in cycles ... even for the Patriots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GGFRANK. Show GGFRANK's posts

THIS IS A TEAM IN TRANSITION. THERE IS A LACK OF SMART PLAYMAKING PLAYERS .TOO MANY DROPPED PASSES, UNTIMELY STUPID PENALTIES, AND BLOWN ASSIGNMENTS ON OFFENSE AND NO PLAYMAKERS ON DEFENSE. WHETHER
    THIS TEAM CAN COME TOGETHER TO MAKE A PLAYOFF RUN AT THE END OF THE SEASON IS A HUGE QUESTION MARK.THEY NEED TO ESTABLISH MORE OF ARUNNING GAME AND STOP USING THE EMPTY BACKFIELD SHOTGUN FORMATION WHICH JUST INVITES THE BLITZ. I BELIVE IN THE END THE LACK OF PLAYMAKERS ON DEFENSE, ESPECIALLY AT LB WILL DO THEM IN. THEY JUST DONT HAVE THE TALENT-TOO MANY GUYS EITHER UNDRAFTED OR LATE RD PICKS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from afesposit. Show afesposit's posts

Re: Patriots FANS stink

I can't believe you Patriots "fans."  What a joke. Ripping on Brady the way you are.  As a Jets fan I lost any respect for any of this teams fans...

Here's what you got....

Great Hall of Fame QB
    Maybe the worst running back combo in NFL
    Avg or below avg O-line.

Wat do you expect Brady to do with that mess?  Any team that falls for a PAP against this team should be thrown out of the NFL for incompetence...  I was worried that he'd drive the field till there were three zeros on the clock. 

The reason you're sitting there with three rings and an undefeated season is b/c of #12. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fra3pro9. Show fra3pro9's posts

THE PATRIOTS WERE NOT READY FOR PRESEASON,AND NOW THEY'RE NOT
    READY FOR THE SEASON. OUT OF SYNC? YES. THEY SEEM LIKE A TEAM WHO
    HASN'T INTRODUCED ITSELF. MAYBE THEY'RE DREAMING OF 2010, 11,OR 12.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from afesposit. Show afesposit's posts

Re: Patriots fans = Sox pink hat fans

Funny how they are all jumping off the bandwagon when the team struggles... And I thought the Sox had all the Pink hat bandwagon jumpers... I'm sure these are all the newly found Celtics fans too...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from afesposit. Show afesposit's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]Brady's priorities have changed now that he's married and has a child on the way and I think this is affecting his play. Giselle is the Patriots version of Yoko Ono.
    Posted by nuzzy[/QUOTE]

We know that's not true.  TB has no problem abandoning a baby and it's mother...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GGFRANK. Show GGFRANK's posts

THIS IS NOT THE SUPER BOWL PATRIOTS TEAN ANYMORE. NO WAY THEY WOULD HAVE ALLOWED A TEAM TO MOUTH OFF LIKE THAT AND THEN GO OUT AND PLAY
    SO HORRIBLE.THE OFFENSE IS TOO PREDICTABLE (SHOTGUN, THROW A PASS UNDER PRESSURE, PASS OFF TARGET). THE DEFENSE HAS NO PASS RUSH
    (DID BURGESS PLAY YET?) AND NO PLAYMAKERS.THEY ARE BORING TO WATCH.
    I KNOW ITS ONLY THE SECOND GAME BUT ITS A QUESTION OF TALENT AND FOOTBALL SMARTS .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aseletzky. Show aseletzky's posts

They were better with Cassel??!! They lose one game and they stink!!?? What kind of pussy-a@% fans are you bitches. Tom Brady is comming back from major surgery, welker was hurt, we are down our defensive leader, and we lost six defensive starters.  We were outplayed by the jets defense today, oh well. Stop fukin wining you lame a&* punks. How sad it is that pats fans are so scared of a little adversity. Have we all forgotten our championship seasons and how hard we fought for those rings. F#@k all you pussy-a@$ haters...true Pats fans know whats up...GO PATS!!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blinture. Show blinture's posts

I live and die patriots but really disappointed in Brady. His mechanics are way out of wack. Why is he throwing off his back foot all the time?? He's just winging it. Some of it was induced but most wasn't. He needs to stay in the film room and self evaluate. He was most to blame for the loss!! This ruins my week until next Sunday///

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

REALITY CHECK:

To postulate that Brady has not been in a game situation for a year is misleading.

He has said that the first game of a season always gives him butterflies. He didn't get a chance to work through those butterflies last season.

Brady hasn't had meaningful in-game experience in a year and 7 months.

That is a very long time for anyone, and probably much more so for an elite athlete.
    Things change. Schemes change, personnel change; and nuances that he used to remember are off. And they're off by a longer time than a year. He has some catching up to do.
    He is the best in the biz, tho, and he's going to process this information with the kind of thoroughness he has used in the past.

I personally think he is a quick study.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aseletzky. Show aseletzky's posts

well said artielang...well said. All the bandwagon fans need to get bent

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

I'm watching the Cowboys offense, they are running misdirection plays, play action, tons of different looks.  It looks like they actually have something called "an offensive game plan".

Here is the Pats' game plan:  Shotgun formation every play.  Straight drop, wait for pressure, then throw a desperation heave incomplete to Galloway. Repeat 3 times, throw in a few delay of game penalties, then a lousy punt with a big return.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from afesposit. Show afesposit's posts

[QUOTE]I'm watching the Cowboys offense, they are running misdirection plays, play action, tons of different looks.  It looks like they actually have something called "an offensive game plan". Here is the Pats' game plan:  Shotgun formation every play.  Straight drop, wait for pressure, then throw a desperation heave incomplete to Galloway. Repeat 3 times, throw in a few delay of game penalties, then a lousy punt with a big return.
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]

Don't even compare the O line and running backs to those on the Patriots.  Cowboys have THREE backs who are better than anyone in the Patriot backfield...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cab02149. Show cab02149's posts

What I saw

They looked overmatched to me. I would never think today was an accident of being game #2. Game #1 was an escape with their lives. Brady, who had become predictable, now remains self conscious about his knee. The Jets used that. Brady will face that over and over again until he shows himself and his opponents that he is whole again. I trace the pass rush used against Brady to the Superbowl loss against the Giants. What the Giants created the Pats will face; and with Brady's mind set, the passing game will just not work. Take the Brady pass attack away from the Patriots offense and what is left? Using the other quartback, who is much more moveable, may keep opponents guessing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkneed. Show mrkneed's posts

The patriots have too many weapons on offense to sputter the way they did.  They will be a different team the next time they face the jets.  I still believe they are the best team in the afc however they have not shown it yet.  What worries me most is the offensive line - they cant open a hole to save thier lives.  All that depth at the running back position and we cannot get a running game going - it is the offensive line!!!  Seemed like everytime Brady was getting hurried which forces him to force balls. 
    I get a kick out of some of the comments on this board - you people are clueless and ignorant!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots are just going through the motions today, and not even doing that well. That 3 and short was an absolute joke. Brady can't complete a pass anywhere. Sit him down a play or 2. Ugly loss today folks.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

What was with that obvious 3rd and 2 call??????? A quadruple stuff and the ultimate in predictable plays.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HiLeon. Show HiLeon's posts

Winners never quit and quitters never win!
    You all up and quit on the pats in the second week of the season!?

LOL-You all suc k as fans!

Try not to toss and turn too much tonight Gang!
    Y'all have a nice night now...ya'hear!?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dylanschroth. Show dylanschroth's posts

all of you people are idiots. tom brady missed last season with a torn acl...he has no room to be rusty? the guy's delivered 3 super bowl championships and an nfl record 50 touchdown passes in 2007..he isnt entitled to have one bad game? the pats lost today because they were missing their best defensive player and their slot receiver who is brady's bailout on blitzes. all of you people are bandwagon fans who would leave the pats in a heartbeat if they had an awful season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bidemytime. Show bidemytime's posts

Patriots were *always* going to lose this game

Check the record of teams that play division games on the road the week after a Monday night game and you'll find that they usually lose.  I predicted this loss in my 2009 Season Preview, and again in two updates last week (yourpatriots.blogspot.com).  Trust me, this is nothing to panic about.

The Pats came out flat against a fired up Jets team and home crowd.  And in the end, they only lost by 7 points, which frankly is a lot better than I thought they'd do.  Their inability to close the deal on offense cost them, but Brady is still working off the rust and neither Galloway or Edelman (in for Welker) is truly in sync with the QB yet.

Give 'em time, folks.  Better to finish the season strong than start it that way.  Check back when the Jets are life-and-death for a playoff spot and the Pats are fighting for a first-round bye.

- Scott

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

These are some of the funniest posts I have ever read.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougWatts. Show DougWatts's posts

Pats had 21 points handed to them before the end of first half. Settled for 9. 

Second half was the most embarrassing 2nd half by the team since Bledsoe.

Defense deserves credit for keeping Jets to 16.

Pats without a single touchdown in a game?

Child, please.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xyxy225. Show xyxy225's posts

The Jets in NY and Atlanta could be the two toughest games the Patriots have this year besides Baltimore and Indy. If they win next week and come out 2-1, they'll be fine. My main concern, besides Brady rushing his passes, is the play calling. It's been awful. And I don't know who they have on their staff who can solve that one. The Patriots are a pass on first down, run on second down team. They ran practically every first down. Someone needs to tell the coordinator that 2-and-7 is not something to strive for. They lacked aggression on offense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ajclark4. Show Ajclark4's posts

[QUOTE]1) It will take Brady most of the season to fully recover from the knee injury, if you notice he was not stepping into his throws. The knee brace is clearly a problem plus a bit of being gun shy. 2) The run game is what is hurting the offense, with a good run game the Jets could not rush the passer 18-24 times during the game. Sure Taylor looked good on a drive or two but we are lacking a solid running attack that can kill clock and lift a sputtering passing game... 3) LB's , we have some issues at the LB position. Thomas is a good player but is over running the football creating cutback lanes for the HB. Guyton is lost out there, he needs some serious help. 4) Depth, we have a lot of depth on various sides of the football. I was pleased to see Galloway and the rookie WR play a decent game today with Welker being hurt. Galloway dropped a 4th down pass in tight pass coverage but everyone makes a mistake or two through the course of a football game. Wait until Brady gets his mojo back and the two can correct and perfect their timing on the out routes. 5) Secondary, the Pats secondary looked good again. The Jets were held to a couple of plays that were extended via broken or missed tackles. The Pats were able to offer another good performance from their secondary even though they muster almost no pass rush. Fix the pass rush and turnovers will start to show up. 6) Seymour, he's gonzo, he is a Raider now. Who cares about what he MAY have done in a Pats uniform this year. There is veteran hole in the Dline, but the Pats have chose to go younger. Most of you in here have said that in the past the old defense was the Pats weakness. Well let's see it play out over the course of this and next year. I see a couple of stars in making on the Pats dline that will now get a shot to shine... 7) Pass protection, I thought it was ok today. When you have little to no running game and a QB out of sinc, it makes sense that Brady was hurried so much. He almost never stepped up in the pocket like he has in the past. Multiple times he was throwing from his back foot. In short, Patriots nation  needs to man-up and say good game to the Jets. It's not the end of our season. The Jets won a game, close game at home. A game that they should have won if they want to be competitive in the AFC East. No biggy, we weathered their best shot and now look forward to the next game at home against the Jets.
    Posted by SSODEN[/QUOTE]

I agree with the majority of your assessment. We are clearly a team out of sync. I thought the secondary was just OK, but I think it will gel eventually and will actually be a strength for this team. 

The pass rush was virtually nonexistent. Wilfork was his usual disruptive self, but there just was not enough pressure on the Dirty Sanchez. 

I am very aware that hindsight is 20/20, but I think you and I would agree the e Pats were not going to roll over a Rex Ryan-coached team. I'm sure you would admit, however grudgingly, we should have lost that Ravens game in '07. And now, Ryan has an arguably more talented team at his disposable (offensively, mainly. I'll take the Ray Lewis/Ed Reed combo any day). 

I'm glad you are not one of these "fans" calling for Brady's head. That is ridiculous. The man is a Hall of Famer. But I agree he is obviously out of sync, and he's still not accustomed to playing with the brace. Some of his throws just don't have the same "zip" on them, and it is absolutely because he's not setting his feet and he's gunshy. Combined with a now highly suspect o-line and a very one dimensional run game, I can understand why Tom is not real eager to stand in the tight, fast-collapsing pocket Matt Light & Co. makes for him. 

I think you would agree next week we will really see what this team is made of when the Falcons arrive. But til next week, here's another Pats fan who isn't afraid to tip his cap to the Ryan & the Jets. We will see you Nov. 22nd. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ajclark4. Show Ajclark4's posts

[QUOTE]Pats had 21 points handed to them before the end of first half. Settled for 9.  Second half was the most embarrassing 2nd half by the team since Bledsoe. Defense deserves credit for keeping Jets to 16. Pats without a single touchdown in a game? Child, please.
    Posted by DougWatts[/QUOTE]

OchoCinco-Hard-Knocks-Quote = +1 DougWatts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonlexington. Show bostonlexington's posts

ok, Joey Galloway?  Fred Taylor? Do we try to have the oldest and most washed up starting players just so we can prove something?  Saving money much?  This year is a joke and Belichick knows it.  We are saving the Kraft's money on washed up no-talent hacks.  Brady is married to a woman who could buy the team.  He lost his fire.  Moss is on downside of a great career.  I can't name a Defensive player besides Wilfork.  Moroney?  what a joke.  I would take any Denver reject RB over Moroney.  Brady was never better than Manning but he had weapons.  Today he has zilch cause Kraft is fantasizing that Mr. Cheater- Bill (videotape) Belichick can win without talent.  8-8 if we are lucky.  

Sections
Shortcuts