Patriots stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfvisiting. Show jfvisiting's posts

Re: Patriots stink

As a Jets fan (don't worry, I'm not here to taunt), let me share my impressions of yesterday's game and, as best we can gather, the season.  

First, the Jets came in really, really wired for this game.  it's not clear that they can sustain that level of intensity for a season--or even until next week, when they play a very tough Titans team.  Jets and Pats could well be tied at 2-1 by next Monday.  The Patriots got surprised by a psyched Jets team that was more than just talk, but they won't be surprised the next time they meet.  Welker will be back, Brady's timing will be better, and the O-line will be playing better or else.  Sixteen points won't cut it for the Jets next time.

Second, the defenses were the stars of this game.  Defense is what has made the AFC the superior conference this decade--Ravens, Pats, Steelers--and the Jets are looking like they might be ready to join that group.  I'm convinced they paid big money to get Kris Jenkins because they were tired of facing Vince Wilfork (who was superb as usual) and were convinced they needed a guy like him.  But stop and think about the numbers your guys put up in the first half. No first downs until the second quarter.  Fifty-something yards total offense for the half--most of which came on one drive that stalled in the red zone.  At one point in the second quarter the Jets had 3 yards total offense and 26 yards in penalties.  They were never able to run the ball consistently.  I know you've lost a lot of players and the pass rush isn't what it was, but the defense looked good against a good young quarterback who doesn't play at all like a rookie (yet).  At the same time, the Jets' defense was superb.  Give those blitzes some credit for keeping Brady uncomfortable all day, and Revis credit for covering Randy Moss.

The upshot is you guys are hardly looking at a disaster.  The Jets showed they can be competitive with the Pats at home.  The next time they meet it will be in Foxboro--I predict the teams will be within a game of each other--and the Jets had better be just as wired because the Pats are going to be angry.  It could well go the other way.  And whatever happens, the real test will come when they meet for the third time, in January.  Have fun--this season's gonna rock.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]As a Jets fan (don't worry, I'm not here to taunt), let me share my impressions of yesterday's game and, as best we can gather, the season.   First, the Jets came in really, really wired for this game.  it's not clear that they can sustain that level of intensity for a season--or even until next week, when they play a very tough Titans team.  Jets and Pats could well be tied at 2-1 by next Monday.  The Patriots got surprised by a psyched Jets team that was more than just talk, but they won't be surprised the next time they meet.  Welker will be back, Brady's timing will be better, and the O-line will be playing better or else.  Sixteen points won't cut it for the Jets next time. Second, the defenses were the stars of this game.  Defense is what has made the AFC the superior conference this decade--Ravens, Pats, Steelers--and the Jets are looking like they might be ready to join that group.  I'm convinced they paid big money to get Kris Jenkins because they were tired of facing Vince Wilfork (who was superb as usual) and were convinced they needed a guy like him.  But stop and think about the numbers your guys put up in the first half. No first downs until the second quarter.  Fifty-something yards total offense for the half--most of which came on one drive that stalled in the red zone.  At one point in the second quarter the Jets had 3 yards total offense and 26 yards in penalties.  They were never able to run the ball consistently.  I know you've lost a lot of players and the pass rush isn't what it was, but the defense looked good against a good young quarterback who doesn't play at all like a rookie (yet).  At the same time, the Jets' defense was superb.  Give those blitzes some credit for keeping Brady uncomfortable all day, and Revis credit for covering Randy Moss. The upshot is you guys are hardly looking at a disaster.  The Jets showed they can be competitive with the Pats at home.  The next time they meet it will be in Foxboro--I predict the teams will be within a game of each other--and the Jets had better be just as wired because the Pats are going to be angry.  It could well go the other way.  And whatever happens, the real test will come when they meet for the third time, in January.  Have fun--this season's gonna rock.  
    Posted by jfvisiting[/QUOTE]

Good Post, and congrats on the win, Jets played a better game and that's what happens. You have more sense then 50% of the "supposed" Patriot fans on this board. Your defense looks good so far but as you say, we'll see what the Pats do a second time around!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PoorTrappey. Show PoorTrappey's posts

All legitimate concerns, maybe bellichick just gave up on cheating?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots stink : In truth, Plaxico Burris did mouth-off before the SB and the Pats rewarded him with SB MVP status.  The Pats have lost too many leaders, the QB has not recovered mentally from the injury (as I predicted would be the case last year when it happened, having had many kneee injuries myself) and the offensive play-calling has been weak since the middle of the 2007 season. I do see hope in the D.  But the tackling on D and special teams was just an extension of the same problems they had by the middle of 2007.  We really are lacking play-makers. I do not see this team correcting so many problems within the season and still winning the division.  I see potential for a wild card spot, but even that will be tough against what probably maythe Steelers and Colts in competiton for those spots. As for comments about Moss past his prime, the guy just had a huge game last week.  BTW, why was Welker inactive?  IS their a rift going on inside this team?  Has the house-cleaning, and especailly the trade of Seyour, soured he players?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame. I can't believe the amount of post on here degrading the Pats and dogging them for only 2 games with 14 more to go. Emotions get the best of fans but this is horrible.
    Put on your common sense if you have any and try to understand (as most real fans have said) New players on offense and defense will take some time for everyone to get on the right page. Things take time people. fairweather fans will and have made up some dumb azz stories and will say anything negative when thier team isn't winning. It's not wonder Menino is still in office, but that's besides the point. If the Pats make the playoffs. Most the no bandwagoners will jump right back on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots stink : I have been a Pats fan since the '80s.    I have watched almost every game since '97, even though it means watching at a sports bar here in Illinois since 1998. I know that they wanted primo money.  Samuels is proving worth that money.  If they had kept Branch, most would agree they would have won the SB in 2006.  Same goes for Ty Law.  They would likely have won in 2005 and 2006 with him on the Pats. So do you think in hindsight they may have been worth it after all?  I do.  Part of the reason they left is that the management was slow in offering a reasonable, new contract.  We have heard that from many Pats's player seeking a new contract. Some hinted that they would have stayed had the intial offers not been downright insulting, which is what sent the negotiations off-track to start. I reported a rumor.  Yeah, I know, a rumor.  But is it possible these players had not been willing to give hometown discounts because of friction with the leadership?  The Branch, Milloy and Law departures seemed to indicate as much.  Hey, I could be wrong, but it was interesting to ponder.  And in light of the extremely flat play of the team of late, maybe the nature of the Seymour and Vrabel departures is psychologically harming the chemistry of the team, the way pundits thought Milloy's cut would doom the Pats in 2003, though in that case they were proven wrong.  And to the homers that can't believe fans should question the Pats at this juncture by claiming that it is "only week two", let me restate that they have shown a lot of flaws and weakness going back to late in the 2007 season.  Brady was weak in the AFC Champs in 2007, weak in the SB in 2007, weak in his start last year, weak this pre-season, weak in the first half last week and week all yesterday.  All that cannot be simply blamed on Week 2 jitters.  This team is in a definite funk and fans are here to debate why.  It is perfectly normal and not exactly treasonous.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

1) you can't prove that we would have won the Superbowls those years if we kept Branch or Law or Samuel(there is no S at the end of his name), that is a dumb statement.

2) We could not have paid either Samuel, Law or Branch what they wanted without thinning out another part of the game...you do know that we play to the cap every year, right?  Even Brady has tried to restrucure his contract every year to fit people in.....

3) so if Branch and Law have a problem with NE, then whay have they both said that they are willing to come back?  Milloy just never really had it....he has been bouncing from team to team since leaving here.....

4) Sorry but Brady was never in this bad of a funk in 2007.....and the fans who are all doom and gloom are over reacting and incorrect.....I have heard that the D stinks (NOT TRUE), that brady should be traded and is washed up, we will not finish over 500, etc.....

Trust me, I don't mind talking about the flaws of the team.....every team has flaws....but if the people are not correct about it, then I will correct them.....that includes you....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

I will refer to all bandwagoners as duck boat fans. This way, when you decide to jump off. You'll be neck deep in water. Swim your butts back to shore and shut the hell up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont think I have ever seen so many morons on one thread before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Then you wonder why you PAY for the NFL channels when Patriots play this bad.
    So who did Pats trade

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModsandLeon. Show ModsandLeon's posts

hahahahahahah-I love this thread!

Music to my Jets fan ears!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Leon:

Since you are into music, when the Patriots' take out their revenge on the Jets in Foxboro, the sounds coming into your ears symbolizing your team's doom that afternoon will be in three parts: 1/ first, you'll be hearing the opening of O' Fortuna from Carmina Burana (once you hear it, you'll quickly recognize it); 2/ followed by the firing of the howitzers/cannons from the 1812 Overture; and 
    3/finally, to symbolize the Patriots' as one standing over the jets' carcass, you'll hear Hammerfall's "Last Man Standing".....you'll love it....coming soon for your listening pleasure.....

Sections
Shortcuts