Patriots stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Patriots stink

Gee First half 3 trips to Red Zone and only 3 FG is what was wrong.

Defense was great in the first half You do realize the Jets had 59 total yards in the first half and what 1 first down They gave up a total of 254 yds
    Considering everything defense was not bad and was equal to NYJ.
    Issue was offense and IMHO it is mostly Brady he just seems off not a lot off but just enough. Then a couple of dtopped passes did not help either the rookie may have had a TD if he caught it before he ran. Then Galloway's drop also hurt.
    And the penalties killed them as well. When was the last time a Pats team had 11 for 89 yds?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Good perspective! Reality s*cks, sometimes.. but you're right. We're going to lose some games.. Lets just hope its a while before we do again.

In Response to Re: Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]I'm not giving up on my team.  We have QB protection issues and we've had that since the Eagles game in 2007.  If we resolve that we will be golden.  Oddly enough, our pass rush has hardly been the problem this year; at least not what has been giving us fits. 2007 gave us unrealistic expectations.  This is the real world, and we will take home the Lombardi!!!
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

this was a good loss to take on the second week: clearly shows the team is not ready and has lots of flaws.

defense looked good, but not reliable.
    brady is off, thats expected.
    welker and mayo out: that hurts
    seymour is being missed
    team needs a third receiver
    what was with all those penalties????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

you are ridiculous

the pats are in transition. You cant expect them to win them all. They are still the best in the division and will redeem themselves on Nov 22

This is just SEPTEMBER FOOTBALL

Give this team a chance to gel

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]The past is the past. Should've kept Cassel cheap and traded Brady for 2 first rounders. The team would be about the same this year but in better shape for the future. I really hope I am proven wrong, but that's the way it looks now.
    Posted by tom12isgod[/QUOTE]

Well, consider this your farewell post with that screen name. Get another one

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bye Tom12!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It's week 2. They haven't played good at all. That it obvious. That being said it's week 2. Nothing to go bridge jumping about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dunner. Show dunner's posts

Big Pats fan.  Was at the game today; terrible game live.  The Pats had no energy, except for Edelman, which is really disappointing.   At this point, the Pats do stink, and should be 0-2.  How is it, with the offensive weapons the Pats have, that they have to rely so much on the slot receiver (and today on a rookie) . . . 16 targeted passes to Edelman (16 targeted to Welker last week).  They need a running game, which BB knows, and they have depth at RB, so establish the damn run.  Brady looked like he was just going through the motions.  No screen passes today???  Not sure why, given all the blitzes.  Galloway looks terrible -- not on the same page with Brady; he should be cut immediately; should have kept on many plays to him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No energy is right!  You would have thought after a team talks so much smack about you that you would come out with some fire and a point to prove.  Pat's looked horrible, When you come out with 3 field goals instead of TD's boy, you deserve to lose.Play calling was horrible, Brady didn't look like he even showed up to play.  They should be 0-2, hope Bill can do some fast changes or this season will be gone in a hurry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from northoftheborder1. Show northoftheborder1's posts

I predict this team goes 9-7 and no playoffs.  Defense is unstable and the offense can't get any momemtum

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

the worst game i've seen in a long time with brady in charge, i can't believe they couldn't adjust to the blitz better. they had the right idea using the no huddle to wear down the defense, but i think they abandoned it the second half

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mongoose. Show Mongoose's posts

There are lots of Jets fans here obviously.  One game does not make a season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costaricanbob. Show Costaricanbob's posts

Early in the season. Brady's rusty. Didn't make some of the throws that he usually makes. If he did, the Pats win. Don't forget it was an away game. The running game should get better as the season progresses. The defense looked ok, considering all the newbies in the secondary. Linebackers too.  The offense will get better. The big question mark down the line is the defense. Too early to tell, so don't fall off your horse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3637858. Show user_3637858's posts

I don't think we did so badly.  They won by a touchdown.  Yes, you have to expect that the offense is going to be rusty, especially with Welker out.  Galloway on the other hand, needs to be cut.  He really isn't benefitting the offense at all.   I think the defense did awesome.  Too many penalties though.  We were just one play away from really winning.  You substitute Galloway and those passes would have been caught.  So I am not really counting them out.  There will never be a 2007 year though.  We have to get back to how we first started winning back in 01-06.  Smart play.  We will get better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alli7369. Show Alli7369's posts

As a JETS fan, of course I am thrilled.  But I cannot believe what I am reading.  There are people here that want to give up on Brady?????  After week 2???  Let me tell you this...I in no way thought this game was over until that last Pats series, when it really was over.  What I saw is a defense that has a ton of new guys on it, and it make take some time for them to gel.  To lose 5 key members of a defense is hard for any team to overcome.  I do not think I will see the same Pats D in November.  And I think Brady will be just fine.  In any case, it was a well fought game, as I knew it would be, and always is with these two teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomoreliberals. Show nomoreliberals's posts

It's the second week of the season everyone.  Some bad signs out there but no reason they can't be (and probably will be) turned around. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffroboz. Show jeffroboz's posts

I dont understand what people are talking about when they say that the defense played well...I mean they played OK in the first half...Just OK...On a scale of 1-10, this defense talent wise is at about a 5.  I dont feel as if there is anyone...anyone to rely on to make the "big" shutdown plays.  I thought the dback coverage was SOFT all day, and for the most part, the entire D just went through the motions.  There is no fire, no edge, nothing scary or intimidating about that squad...Just a bunch of average players...

I hate to be such a pessimist...But this team, with an OK or average defense...without any playmakers, leaders, and or studs cannot...I REPEAT cannot compete for a championship regardless of whether Brady gets his Mojo back...Defense wins championships...a cliche that rings true louder each playoff season...Wow...I'm depressed....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBear67. Show BigBear67's posts

Do they not have one play to handle the blitz? This is the same exact thing New York did in the Super Bowl. WAKE UP BELICHECK!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfreesinc. Show jfreesinc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots stink :
    Posted by xyxy225[/QUOTE]

They are in big trouble.  Atlanta and Baltimore coming in.  Can't finish a drive.  Defense is still figuring it out   We could really be 1-3 in twop weeks.

They really have fallen off, but let's all keep the faith....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50Otis. Show 50Otis's posts

How do you slow down Tom Brady... the same way as Coughlin and the Giants did... BLITZ, BLITZ until the Pats can beat it consistently.  Belickick lost the game without a repeatable name and lost this fiasco against the rather average Jets.  So before you blame the O-line or even Brady (who was truly awful), blame the terrible coaching, play calling and game planning against an announced all out blitz.  Where were the in-game adjustments or adjustments at the half to slow it down.  A few draw plays, a few screens and a few bombs to Moss should have been part of the plan to slow down a 5-6 man rush.  Belichick lost this one.  Hope he comes up with better schemes or Brady will be on his backside more than he ever has been.  And nice game by the D, which I thought was going to be the killer this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldSchoolPats. Show OldSchoolPats's posts

What I see is a Patriots team that is soft.  All those Super Bowl winning years we were tough.  You hit us we'd hit you back and then some.   Now a days we take the hit, look for a flag and walk away.  We have become the Colts and Rams teams we throttled in the playoffs.

While we all look Coach Bill, he has not been a defensive genius for some time.   All of these sub-parts just are not working.  When was the last time we had a defense that pressured the QB?  We just destroy rookie QBs, make them soil themselves now they torch us.  It is now time for the team to step up or go home and rebuild.    We need Tom Brady to be the vocal leader he was all those SB years and get into his O lines face. 

This team has talent but they need to get back to the "Patriot Way".   Get mean, get nasty and kick some tail. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UncleHarry. Show UncleHarry's posts

Gentlemen and ladies,

New here, but a long time PATS fan back to the early 70's. Believe me when I tell you that there have been much worse situations. Anybody remember Champagne Tony Eason? I thought not.

We all need to support our team because what you saw today (and last week) is NOT the real Patriots.  I dunno who they had in those uniforms but the regular guys will be back. This is just a bump in the road. I'm hoping Bill knew what he was doing when he gave away all those great players. We coulda used some Bruschi spirit today!

Keep the faith folks.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rongall. Show rongall's posts

Brady looked dazed every time I saw him on the sideline! How about the back to back delay of game, after a timeout. Do you think he had time to figure what play to run. All those audibles, and still not a decent play or pass. What ever happened to the sceen pass to slow down the rush? I knew they were dead when they settled for field goals 3 times in the red zone. Field goals are like kissing your sister in the red zone. We all know they should be 0-2. Just think Matt Ryan next week. Do you wished we had paid Matt, and eased Tom in?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from blahx1. Show blahx1's posts

[QUOTE]I saw the shot of Belicheat on the sidelines and he looked like he'd just been slapped! LMAO The Pats were spanked by a rookie QB and a rookie head coach! PS: NE fans should send Leodis McKelvin a thank-you note. Without him, the pathetic Patsies would be 0-2! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!
    Posted by SportsRush[/QUOTE]
    Congratulations to the New Jersey Jets for finally beating the Patriots on their home field by one touchdown, even if they were sure they would embarrass the away team on their home field in New Jersey.
    This WAS your Super Bowl, and you came through with flying colors today!

Congratulations to the New Jersey Jets on a job well done! By the way, the Pats ARE embarrassed losing to you by ANY score on ANY field.
    Have a nice New Jersey day. It's the "Garden State", right? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon16to9. Show Leon16to9's posts

Hi gang!The pats may stink but their fans are the worst.Case in point.........this thread!

How are ya!?