Patriots stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwob. Show davidwob's posts

Re: Patriots stink

Speaking as a Pats fan since '60 when they started out well but declined after their one run at a title vs. San Diego, I can say that for many years in the 70's and 80's they really did stink. Anyone who thinks they stink now well, you're young and don't know any better. I wish you luck rooting for whatever team you are jumping to. 

As to the obnoxious Jets fans, did you always have that silly siren? I don't recall it in past years but thought it made you and your team seem very bush league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

bramrok- Time to jump off the bridge!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacJee. Show MacJee's posts

As flat as the whole team looked, there were the solid young underpinnings that Belichick will be able to work with going forward. But there is no fire in terms of playing 60 minutes. Basically looking like the same team in these two first games. Brady is still a smart cagey QB with a good arm, but he needs strong supporting cast and currently, his offensive line looks bad protecting him and useless for the running game.

The TV guys said it best on D - nothing out there, just the uniforms, no Bruschi, no Vrabel, no Harrison, no Seymour. But still, in Bill I trust.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

1. Jets  11-5
    2. Bills  9-7
    3. Dolphins 8-8
    4. Patriots 6-10

trade Brady while his value is high, trade Moss while his value is high,
    let a fan from the stands play qb- great promotion idea

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]1. Jets  11-5 2. Bills  9-7 3. Dolphins 8-8 4. Patriots 6-10 trade Brady while his value is high, trade Moss while his value is high, let a fan from the stands play qb- great promotion idea
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

Who IS this butthole?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]I knew with the house cleaning on the defense that we were in for trouble. But never in my wildest dream did I think that the coaching staff would look so inept. For the second straight week this team was outcoached in every phase of the game. Guys don't know the offense, they don't even know where to line up, the defense plays like they're confused. That all boils down to poor coaching. 
    Posted by hebertf[/QUOTE]

This is only one game, on the road against a tough opponent. But I do have one disturbing question. Did anyone notice that whenever the Jests had the ball, Brady sat or stood alone on the sideline? Shouldn't the o-coordinator and he try to figure out a way to break the d during these times? Maybe a head set to talk upstairs? Maybe discuss things with the receivers? There was none of that. Sorry if you were upset, Tom, but let's get with the program here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]I dont understand what people are talking about when they say that the defense played well...I mean they played OK in the first half...Just OK...On a scale of 1-10, this defense talent wise is at about a 5.  I dont feel as if there is anyone...anyone to rely on to make the "big" shutdown plays.  I thought the dback coverage was SOFT all day, and for the most part, the entire D just went through the motions.  There is no fire, no edge, nothing scary or intimidating about that squad...Just a bunch of average players... I hate to be such a pessimist...But this team, with an OK or average defense...without any playmakers, leaders, and or studs cannot...I REPEAT cannot compete for a championship regardless of whether Brady gets his Mojo back...Defense wins championships...a cliche that rings true louder each playoff season...Wow...I'm depressed....
    Posted by jeffroboz[/QUOTE]

Would it makes you less depressed if you  blew me?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3177144. Show user_3177144's posts

Correct me if I`m wrong but I think the problem is the PLAY CALLING on offence.
    Bill needs to hire someone to work the offence, the PLAY CALLING STINKS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]1. Jets  11-5 2. Bills  9-7 3. Dolphins 8-8 4. Patriots 6-10 trade Brady while his value is high, trade Moss while his value is high, let a fan from the stands play qb- great promotion idea
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

I've got a bridge for you in WV, and it is 800 feet high.  By the way.. which NFL team do you support?  Obviously not the Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevet1966. Show stevet1966's posts

Well, they stunk it up good today. Brady looked terrible. He is lacking the fire in the belly. Did Gisele castrate him? If so, then he needs to be put out to stud. Belichick looked utterly lost and confused at the press conference with darting eyes and a panicked look that even he couldn't hide. Its gonna be a long season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Pats are fine. Today's loss was just a classic short week freak-economics. Too early in the season for a team with so many new faces to adjust to each other. Timing is everything in the NFL and ours was just a little off today. The timing will come back, it always does....  

In Response to Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]Wow. The Pats stink. I can't even give credit to the Jets. The Patriots stayed in  the locker room at halftime I think. I can't believe they can't get into the endzone. If Brady could make a half decent pass he could have some touchdowns. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HiLeon. Show HiLeon's posts

The pats stink and so do their fair weather fans-Case in point-This thread!

How are ya!?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]Well, they stunk it up good today. Brady looked terrible. He is lacking the fire in the belly. Did Gisele castrate him? If so, then he needs to be put out to stud. Belichick looked utterly lost and confused at the press conference with darting eyes and a panicked look that even he couldn't hide. Its gonna be a long season.
    Posted by stevet1966[/QUOTE]

How can someone who has been castrated be put out to stud?  Do you know what these terms mean?  What team are you going to root for now that you have resigned as a Patriots' fan?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbill4368. Show bigbill4368's posts

In Response to Patriots stink:What are you guy talking about it just the second week of the season!  The pats are always better at the end of the season than the beginning.  You people just need to relax, the season is not over, Brady and the defense will get better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyrulez. Show bradyrulez's posts

I agree with K_Lite. People need to calm down. Yes Brady did not look good today. But does everyone remember how bad the Patriots looked last year in Week 3 (Miami game). And look how much they turned it around then. The season is really early lets give them a few weeks before writing them off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oystah. Show oystah's posts

That offensive line looks worse now than it did against the Giants in the Super Bowl.  Brady is now gun-shy with good reason.  He won't make it to the bye if this keeps up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayke. Show Jayke's posts

Long time Patriot fan, since the start of the AFL actually.  I live in PA and have to put up with the Steeler and Eagles fans daily which has been easy enough until these past two games.

In two games they have not been able to protect Brady from getting knocked down, Brady is off target and his timing reflects a year away from the game.  The running game shows moments of potential and then the offense moves away from it.  The defense has I think 3 sacks in two games, can't stop the run and can't cover receivers.  Moss is over, he can't get separation from anyone, and he is not most effective routes underneath and across the field. And, as usual he goes down as soon as he is about to be hit or hit.  Half the time he looks like he’s dogging it, that’s how slow he’s gotten or how much quicker everyone else’s defense has gotten.

The offensive co-coordinator is inconsistent with the game plan and seems to be lost most of the game. Unless Belichick get his assistants and the rest of the team up to peak level (I pray this is not it)  this is going to be a long long season, and there is long line of Eagles/Steelers fans waiting to let me hear about it every day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NatickPats. Show NatickPats's posts

wow tom 12 you are a great fan buddy... get over it dix, we lost till next week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skinsfan44. Show Skinsfan44's posts

What game were you watching?!?!?!?  How can you not give credit to the Jets.  Defensively they played a fantastic game.  They didn't sack Brady but they forced him out of the pocket all day!  Brady is the greatest pocket passer in the NFL and moves very well within the pocket to buy time and find open receivers but the Jets got him out of the pocket, throwing on the run and that is NOT Brady's game.  Great job by the Jets D, mixing in blitzes with LB's and defensive backs.  I don't know if you ever played football or not but you certainly don't recognize excellent scheming when you see it.  The Pats don't stink, but they're not as good as everyone has been making them out to be and the Jets defensive gameplan has exposed a weakness for sure.

In Response to Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]Wow. The Pats stink. I can't even give credit to the Jets. The Patriots stayed in  the locker room at halftime I think. I can't believe they can't get into the endzone. If Brady could make a half decent pass he could have some touchdowns. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aamaral. Show aamaral's posts

[QUOTE]People, take this game for what it was. Yes, they stunk today but, ITS ONLY WEEK 2! The team was without it's leading WR and their leading defender! Don't fall into the trap, this was not the Super Bowl! It may have been for the JETS and their fans but, it is what it is. It was a bad game and the team looked bad! It will get better!!
    Posted by K-LITE[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cianciosi. Show cianciosi's posts

Re: Patriots Should be 0-2

They lucked out last week.  Not 2 weeks in a row.  Maybe, they are finally beginning to show their age ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots stink : I've got a bridge for you in WV, and it is 800 feet high.  By the way.. which NFL team do you support?  Obviously not the Pats!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Why not Mount Kilamanjaro?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuzzy. Show nuzzy's posts

Brady's priorities have changed now that he's married and has a child on the way and I think this is affecting his play.

Giselle is the Patriots version of Yoko Ono.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

nuzzy- That is one of the stupidest comments I have read on here!  That is leon like! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]That offensive line looks worse now than it did against the Giants in the Super Bowl.  Brady is now gun-shy with good reason.  He won't make it to the bye if this keeps up.
    Posted by oystah[/QUOTE]

Man-up already. These weeny posts are ridiculous.

Sections
Shortcuts