Patriots stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from berniecarbo1. Show berniecarbo1's posts

Re: Patriots stink

Lighten up!  Brady had taken what, 10 snaps in 20 months, it takes time.  Remember what Peyton Manning looked like the first 3 games last year, you got to give it some time.  As far as the defense, with a "normal" Patriot offense 16 points will get a win, they'll get better as the season progresses.  Stop listening to the doom & gloomers and enjoy the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from holbrook66. Show holbrook66's posts

Re: Play calling was weak

Reminded me of the Giants Super Bowl game. Defense was overloading one side and play calling did not take advantage of it. Also need Brady to be able to get 4 to 5 yards out of pocket on a scramble. Where were the screens, shuttle passes and reverses?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjb54. Show rjb54's posts

Wow, it's amazing how people jump ship in week 2! Yes, the Pats have some problems, but I repeat, it's only week 2. It's going to take Brady a few more weeks to get back into the flow of the game. People forget he missed all of last season (pre-season included). The offense will get better, which will help the defense stay off the field longer. Don't be surprised to see less of Joey Galloway as the season goes on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mav478. Show mav478's posts

Jets have a rookie QB we blitz him rarely.  Pats have premier QB Jets blitz and disrupt him on what seems like every other play.  Pats remain in their vanilla-predictable "D" entire 2nd half.  Is this because we just don't have the talent on the field or has the coaching staff just become tired and complacent???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff416. Show jeff416's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]The past is the past. Should've kept Cassel cheap and traded Brady for 2 first rounders. The team would be about the same this year but in better shape for the future. I really hope I am proven wrong, but that's the way it looks now.
    Posted by tom12isgod[/QUOTE]
    Are you serious right now? honestly? everybody stfu and stop freaking out tom brady IS the best quarterback in the NFL and is trying to get back in the swing of things after major knee reconstruction. Its week two, bellicheck is a genius and will straighten them out and i garauntee we will beat up on atlanta this weekend. Keep cassel and get rid of brady are you f-ing retarded? lets see how good he does in kansas city this year and then you let me know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots stink : So I am saying that Brady has both Mental and physical mechanics problems and you are defending him and saying that he just has mental mechanics problems.... And I have a problem?   WOW!  I think that you need that second cup of coffee....
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]
    On my second cup and I am telling you that he is throwing the ball poorly because of his fear of stepping into a throw inside a collapsing pocket. 

This really isn't a physical issue although he is physically not throwing correctly.  No one needs to teach brady how to throw a ball.  He just needs to get his head straight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

No, the Pats don't "stink".  Some people were totally spoiled by 2007.  Losing a division game on the road is something that happens in the NFL.  The Titans are 0-2.  Do they "stink"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]Wow. The Pats stink. I can't even give credit to the Jets. The Patriots stayed in  the locker room at halftime I think. I can't believe they can't get into the endzone. If Brady could make a half decent pass he could have some touchdowns. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

ignorance is curable stupidity is not.............don't be stupid.......they do not stink..........they lost a game.........plain and simple.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots stink : On my second cup and I am telling you that he is throwing the ball poorly because of his fear of stepping into a throw inside a collapsing pocket.  This really isn't a physical issue although he is physically not throwing correctly.  No one needs to teach brady how to throw a ball.  He just needs to get his head straight.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Uh, if he is not stepping correctly it is Physical.....and mental....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Sorry, but the Pats DON'T stink they just didn't execute much at all on Sunday given the talent available to them on Sunday.  The Jets "D" is also a very formidable unit too....How many 1sr rounders?  A bunch....

This lack of execution (Brady)  coupled with some key personnel changes due to injuries (Welker-Mayo) and trade (Seymour) are going to take some time to sort out scheme wise...

Granted these are not your Patriots of old either and the Buffalo game should have been your first early clue there.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tm02906. Show Tm02906's posts

Alli7369 --
    Nice (sane) post. THANKS for it. 
    Sometimes talk--on here--is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots stink : So I suppose you are a real fan who enjoyed today's game. All I said was the Pats stink. Stating the obvious about the Pats makes me a badwagon fan. I think not. I never said they would not work things out, but this is 2 bad games in a row. That is it. Cut and dry.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Under Brady, it is the fourth bad offensive game in a row.  Brady has not been the same since spraining his ankle.  And you have to wonder if becoming a family man is taking a professional toll, no blame or offense to his wife... it just happens to some QBs.  Look what is did to Bledsoe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots stink : Uh, if he is not stepping correctly it is Physical.....and mental....
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]
    Clearly you don't get it, but as confident as you are, I suggest you email Belichick and Brady telling them both that Brady needs to work on his mechanics.

How were brady's mechanics on those Watson throws last week?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

WOOOOOP WOOOOP - OK everyone off the wagon!

That's right kids - GTF off the wagon and don't look back.

The Jests did to Brady what every team was looking forward to do in 2008. Lets get real and understadn this will be a long year if other teams can execute it like the Jests.

Anyone complaining about this team and a one game loss after Brady coming back from serious knee injury and trying to find his rythem can jump in the Charles.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridapat. Show floridapat's posts

Do you think what we need is some new coordinators? The play calling and schemes are very vanillia. And the drafting by coach B has been very poor. Radio host and reporters are afraid to ask questions about his poor drafting. We never move up to get the stud player. " its never our type of player"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobwhipple. Show Bobwhipple's posts

You people with the Brady comments are ridiculous. He has not played in over a year. Give him a few games. What a bunch of yahoos.
    Now to the real issue. BB
    The only reason that we even put up with his arrogant and pompous *** is because he wins. However, he has not won in awhile. Getting rid of Samual was a joke, you can also include the Seymour debackle.
    His defences never put any pressure on the QB.
    Trying to get an answer out of that ******* is impossible.
    His act is wearing very, very, thin.
    He is also a classless person. He can't even shake hands with the winning coach.
    What an a**.
    He does not answer any questions and treats anyone who dares to ask him a question he treats like an idiot.
    It is about time to put the cap on his kool aid.
    Bob Craft must be sick of it.
    Not to mention the imbarssement he brought the organization with spygate.
    Getting near a time for a coaching change

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobwhipple. Show Bobwhipple's posts

The Paat have been better than good on their drafting. Before you throw that kind of  nonsence out chaek your facts.
    Their drafts have been excellant

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridapat. Show floridapat's posts

i agree with bobwhipple BB act is starting to get sickening,I have been a pat fan from their inception. And was a season  ticket holder for 19 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobopeelot. Show bobopeelot's posts

Brady needs a year to get back his mechanics and timing, just as all QB's require after similar injuries.  The D corps is breathtakingly inept and will be the undoing of the team this year.  The Pats will be back on top, just not this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridapat. Show floridapat's posts

Its best you check the facts bobwhipple with all there picks none make the team  that can contribute!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobwhipple. Show Bobwhipple's posts

What is wrong with you people? Wow what a bunch of idiots.
    Welker did thake the day off you idiot. He didn't play.
    The defense gave up one TD. You give up 16 points and you are supposed to win.
    The offence was the issue yesterday. Brady needs time.
    Next week they will kick the living s*** out of the Falcons
    Watch
    The problem is really with BB

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobwhipple. Show Bobwhipple's posts

I can tell you when the last time that the Pats didn't score a TD. It was in Buffalo when they got beat the first game of the season, then went on the win the SB.
    OK
    What do you say now idiot box

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I guess the concept of looking bad against a dominant defense (at least they are now) is just too complicated for some to grasp.  News flash, most every team that plays a dominant D looks bad, even bumbling.  What folks also seem to be unable to recognize is that when a QB is being frequently hit and pressured, it effects his total game, even when not under pressure for a play or two.  

Let's give credit to the Jets D.  Let's not say the sky is falling down just yet.  If we continue to look like this even when facing ordinary defenses maybe we can worry.  We no doubt need to address how we handle a very good defense before we think playoff success.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Don't squeeze the Charmin!

Poor coaching, poor play calling by Brady at the line and penalties contributed to the offensive troubles. But even worse is it seemed the Pats had no answer to the Jets consistent pressure.

The defense did well enough to to keep the game close enough for Brady to tie or win the game in the second half. it was not pretty dfense, but good enough if the offense executed as it should have.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]You people with the Brady comments are ridiculous. He has not played in over a year. Give him a few games. What a bunch of yahoos. Now to the real issue. BB The only reason that we even put up with his arrogant and pompous *** is because he wins. However, he has not won in awhile. Getting rid of Samual was a joke, you can also include the Seymour debackle. His defences never put any pressure on the QB. Trying to get an answer out of that ******* is impossible. His act is wearing very, very, thin. He is also a classless person. He can't even shake hands with the winning coach. What an a**. He does not answer any questions and treats anyone who dares to ask him a question he treats like an idiot. It is about time to put the cap on his kool aid. Bob Craft must be sick of it. Not to mention the imbarssement he brought the organization with spygate. Getting near a time for a coaching change
    Posted by Bobwhipple[/QUOTE]

I agree that blind allegience is not the answer, but I think you are going over board here.

I watched the game from a sports bar yesterday and a Pats fan next to me said his dad had heard a team rumor that BB hated Seymour and was glad to send him packing. If that rumor is true, it could mean that vainity got in the way of winning. Maybe thisis why Samuels, Branch, Woody and others were let go so easily.

One thing that has chnaged on the D that nobody is mentioning is that they look so stagnant.  I don't think they are playing poorly.  That would the the rest of the team. But remember when they used to move around, shuffle, twitch, stutter-step to keep the opposing O's off-balance.  It worked great.  So why did they stop using is a few years back?

As for missed players, what about Ted Johnson?  Once he was gone, the Pats stopped being dominant on the D.  Coincidence?

BB is still a premier coach. Unfortunately, I don't feel the same way about some of the other coaches on the team.

Sections
Shortcuts