Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012

He wanted jimmy graham-- he s about the only bright spot in my bunch of no names!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012:
    He wanted jimmy graham-- he s about the only bright spot in my bunch of no names!!
    Posted by NEGAME2

Don't sell yourself short, sure your WR's look worst then the Jets WR core but atleast you have a good QB and some RB's who could put up huge yards (on the ride to the hospital)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Posted by NEGAME2

You have Newton and Charles on your team, come on now it's not bad and you are far from no namers.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : When it comes to Stafford,I refer to John Lennon's "maybe they don't like me face.." I don't like Staffords face..............All soft and mushy looking like an injury waiting to happen
    Posted by leatherhelmet

I guess, but having an injury history and hte possibility of injuries is a whole different ball game. RGIII is still a rookie and comparing him to Newton isn't that great because Newton was a mediocre QB the last 8 games of the season.

I am not telling you to not do the trade, I am just throwing in my $0.02

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Freediro you can't blame him though. Stafford does have an injury history only completing 1 full season out of 3. He thinks Stafford is an injury waiting to happen and RGIII could put up Newton type of numbers, I have faith in RGIII but also think Stafford could last a full season and is more of a sure thing point wise then RGIII. We are both exchanging gambles think each others are safer

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

I vetoed the trade, but I don't know if anyone did/will. I just thought it was heavily lopsided in the favor of PatsEng. Even though Colston is Brees' #1 receiver, his #1 target will be Graham, and he spreads the ball to whoever is open. Yes, the players being traded on the other side have a history of injury, but I feel like their upside far outweighs the other two being traded for.
    Also, digger I'm waiting to see what Keller's outlook is before I pull the trigger on your proposed trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

No problem leatherheads, I am hoping Bradshaw will be fine and ready to go week 1 because he is my number 2 back right now.

As far as JMUFranco, I don't think the trade was bad enough to warrant a trade. Seeing as I know what the parameters are it's fine. But I wish I knew Stafford was available for that...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

RG3 a 13th ranked QB for Stafford a 5th ranked QB?

Colston a 21st ranked WR for Austin a 8th ranked WR?

Total rankings - RG3 and Colston = 34
    Total rankings - Stafford and Austin = 13

pretty lopsided, IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It's lopsided on paper but leatherhelmet gave his reasons, he doesn't like Stafford's face, so I'm good with it.

I do think RGIII will be electrifying.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

RG3 a 13th ranked QB for Stafford a 5th ranked QB? Colston a 21st ranked WR for Austin a 8th ranked WR? Total rankings - RG3 and Colston = 34 Total rankings - Stafford and Austin = 13 pretty lopsided, IMO.
    Posted by TFB12

Where are you getting these rankings? I see Colston as at least equal to Austin based on who is throwing them the ball and the fact that Robert Meacham is no longer with the Saints. Stafford has had one very good season and two very injured seasons, and RG3 is going to be given every opportunity to make plays and succeed, both with his arm and his running ability. Not saying Stafford shouldn't be rated higher, but there are enough question marks about him that I wouldn't consider this trade nearly as lopsided as you have it.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : Where are you getting these rankings? I see Colston as at least equal to Austin based on who is throwing them the ball and the fact that Robert Meacham is no longer with the Saints. Stafford has had one very good season and two very injured seasons, and RG3 is going to be given every opportunity to make plays and succeed, both with his arm and his running ability. Not saying Stafford shouldn't be rated higher, but there are enough question marks about him that I wouldn't consider this trade nearly as lopsided as you have it.  
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111

This is how I'm viewing it. Colston is the #1 WR on a Saints team that threw the most yrds last year after losing their #2 WR this past off-season and Austin isn't nearly the level of consistency that Colston has put up where Colston has average over 1000yrds in his career and 70+ catches that last 3 seasons, Austin has only had 2 1000+yrd seasons with only 1 70+ rec year. Colston is the better WR of the pair but not by a lot.

As for the QB's it's a gamble either way Stafford has only 1 year without injury but when he's not injured he can put up top 5 QB numbers. RGIII is a rookie but is less likely to be injured. It's just a matter of which gamble you want to take, Stafford to not get injured or RGIII to put up solid numbers during the season. I drafted RGIII well before anyone thought he should be taken so I do feel he'll put up solid numbers but I know Stafford can put up more and I'm willing to gamble he won't get injured this season (which given his track record might be a bigger gamble then original thought).

But, if people veto it then I don't really care I'm happy with my RGIII pick just I couldn't pass up a chance to get a potential top 5 QB IF he stays healthy during the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

I admit I voted against it before looking at the reasons in here, so that paints a more clear picture. BTW I did a 10 team .5 PPR draft yesterday and I think my team turned out spectacular. Throwing TD's are 6 and return yards are 1 pt for 25 yards. Here's what I got. Lemme know what you think:

QB: Cam Newtown
    RB: Matt Forte
    RB: Adrian Peterson
    WR: Brandon Marshall
    WR: Dez Bryant
    TE: Fred Davis
    Flex: Percy Harvin
    D/ST: Steelers
    K: Robbie Gould
    B: Torrey Smith
    B: Doug Martin
    B: Toby Gerhart
    B: Matt Schaub
    B: Justin Blackmon
    B: Jacob Tamme
    B: Rashad Jennings

I realize my TE's aren't the best, but I've got the trade bait to try to go after a top 5-7 without really harming my team much at all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : Don't sell yourself short, sure your WR's look worst then the Jets WR core but atleast you have a good QB and some RB's who could put up huge yards (on the ride to the hospital)
    Posted by PatsEng

Thanks for the vote of confidence--I feel so much better now!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I admit I voted against it before looking at the reasons in here, so that paints a more clear picture. BTW I did a 10 team .5 PPR draft yesterday and I think my team turned out spectacular. Throwing TD's are 6 and return yards are 1 pt for 25 yards. Here's what I got. Lemme know what you think: QB: Cam Newtown RB: Matt Forte RB: Adrian Peterson WR: Brandon Marshall WR: Dez Bryant TE: Fred Davis Flex: Percy Harvin D/ST: Steelers K: Robbie Gould B: Torrey Smith B: Doug Martin B: Toby Gerhart B: Matt Schaub B: Justin Blackmon B: Jacob Tamme B: Rashad Jennings I realize my TE's aren't the best, but I've got the trade bait to try to go after a top 5-7 without really harming my team much at all.
    Posted by JMUFranco

I like the looks of that team. If you are looking for a TE I'd check out Olsen from Car to pair with Newton. There was a reason I took Olsen, mainly because towards the end of the season when Newton hit the wall Olsen became a reliable dump off. Without Shockey there anymore Olsen is going to get all the looks from Newton. Expect him to be a top 5-10 TE this year and because of his numbers last year might not cost you much since he's most likely someones bench TE

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : You have Newton and Charles on your team, come on now it's not bad and you are far from no namers.
    Posted by freediro

come on now freedoI know how you feel about  Newton, I had my sights set on another quarterback, but Rocky grabbed him one slot ahead, and the Panthers have a tough tough schedule, so we'll see. Charles can be great if as eng says he can stay on the field.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Where are you getting these rankings? 
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111

These are rankings that I compiled from a couple Fantasy Football yard and TD projection sources.  Then I used the combined projections and our scoring system to get projected fantasy points based on our scoring system.  I then ranked them accordingly by position.

People might not agree with this, but this is my system, it makes sense to me and I base my decisions off this. Right or wrong, I don't know but it's what I use.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : come on now freedoI know how you feel about  Newton, I had my sights set on another quarterback, but Rocky grabbed him one slot ahead, and the Panthers have a tough tough schedule, so we'll see. Charles can be great if as eng says he can stay on the field.
    Posted by NEGAME2

Brees is a safer pick but I wouldn't be suprised if Newton put up more points this year or as many. 4pts for a passing td but 6 FOR A RUSHING TD. I think Newton has huge potential in this league.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : These are rankings that I compiled from a couple Fantasy Football yard and TD projection sources.  Then I used the combined projections and our scoring system to get projected fantasy points based on our scoring system.  I then ranked them accordingly by position. People might not agree with this, but this is my system, it makes sense to me and I base my decisions off this. Right or wrong, I don't know but it's what I use.
    Posted by TFB12

explains why you have a crappy team.

I kid, I kid!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : explains why you have a crappy team. I kid, I kid!
    Posted by Homecheese

I assumed he was using the dart board and blindfold method

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : I assumed he was using the dart board and blindfold method
    Posted by PatsEng

LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : These are rankings that I compiled from a couple Fantasy Football yard and TD projection sources.  Then I used the combined projections and our scoring system to get projected fantasy points based on our scoring system.  I then ranked them accordingly by position. People might not agree with this, but this is my system, it makes sense to me and I base my decisions off this. Right or wrong, I don't know but it's what I use.
    Posted by TFB12

I have no problem with how you rank players, but I would question anyone blocking a trade based on their own ranking of players. I got scr-ewed over in a league one year because the league manager wouldn't let me trade Warrick Dunn for Kurt Warner (my QB had gotten hurt).  He was a Pats fan only, and wasn't following the rest of the NFL. He thought Warner was junk, and that the other guy would be getting a great advantage in Dunn and that I was trying to help the other guy win the league. Warner had come back from an injury, but had thrown for 300+ yards 5 straight weeks when I wanted to make the trade. He didn't allow it, and it cost me the league. 

Sections
Shortcuts