Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012:
    It's lopsided on paper but leatherhelmet gave his reasons, he doesn't like Stafford's face, so I'm good with it. I do think RGIII will be electrifying.
    Posted by digger0862

I can relate to that. I had to autodraft one time and got Rapist and Dogkiller as my 2 qb's. Both were traded within a week

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lol, talking about bad FF moments I remember 4 or 5 years ago I went to trade a player (I think it might have been Burress) who for the first 4 weeks was red hot. We are talking 100+ yards a game averaging 1.6 TD's a game in that span. I knew there was zero chance he could keep up with that pace so I wanted to sell him high. Well before the game he was in I purposed a trade for someones top RB. During that game the player I was going to trade got b@nged up and was taken out for one series. He later returned to the game and got a TD. Well the guy accepted the trade and it was finalized on Tuesday. All day Monday it was reported that the guy only had a bruised knee and wouldn't miss time (if I knew the extent of the actually injury I would have told the commish to nix the trade). Tuesday night after the trade was finalized the player got a MRI and on Wenseday it come out that he was done for the season. I felt bad and offered to trade back the player but the guy blew up and started blaming me for selling him broken goods and I knowingly traded him an IR'd player (even though no one suspected him of even having an issue until after the trade was finalized). He harassed me for night and day and his friend was the commish. Well right before the playoffs his friend who was not going to make the playoffs traded all his top end players to the guy and the commish instant approved it so he could get them on his team before the playoff game against me. Needless to say I quit the league but still I couldn't believe grown men acted like that, even though there was zero way of me knowing he'd be injured before I purposed the trade or the extent of the injury after he accepted the trade and even after all that I tried to make it right by trading back his guy for the player he picked up after dropping the injured player but he refused and preferred to resort to name calling and slander.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Yeah let's not start vetoing traded because we personally don't like the value. For certain players I have increased and decreased projections far from what the pundits say. The last thing we need is grumpy fantasy owners! I am looking for TE if anyone is interested in a trade, just throwing it out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah let's not start vetoing traded because we personally don't like the value. For certain players I have increased and decreased projections far from what the pundits say. The last thing we need is grumpy fantasy owners! I am looking for TE if anyone is interested in a trade, just throwing it out there.
    Posted by freediro

I'm looking for a decent RB and could be persuaded to give up Davis or Olsen for the right player. Olsen I'd be looking for a possible flex RB but not a #1/2 guy. Davis though might be tricky. Not talking top 5 RB here but I could package him and Greene for an upgraded #2 over Greene or lower end #1 type of RB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : explains why you have a crappy team. I kid, I kid!
    Posted by Homecheese

Haha!!  You could be right!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

RG3 a 13th ranked QB for Stafford a 5th ranked QB? Colston a 21st ranked WR for Austin a 8th ranked WR? Total rankings - RG3 and Colston = 34 Total rankings - Stafford and Austin = 13 pretty lopsided, IMO.
    Posted by TFB12

The person taking on Stafford and Austin is assuming a lot of injury risk.  Austin was injured a lot last year and is dinged up this year.  We all know what Stafford can do when healthy, but last year was his first full season and he's already gotten his non-throwing hand pretty f'ed up this preseason.  Obviously I am not fully aware of your scoring system, but I have no idea what kind of system would result in Austin being that much more valuable than Colston unless one of them wildly exceeds or fails to meet expectations.

Anyways sorry to butt in, but I thought you might appreciate an outsider's perspective and bsing about fantasy is always fun!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : I have no problem with how you rank players, but I would question anyone blocking a trade based on their own ranking of players. I got scr-ewed over in a league one year because the league manager wouldn't let me trade Warrick Dunn for Kurt Warner (my QB had gotten hurt).  He was a Pats fan only, and wasn't following the rest of the NFL. He thought Warner was junk, and that the other guy would be getting a great advantage in Dunn and that I was trying to help the other guy win the league. Warner had come back from an injury, but had thrown for 300+ yards 5 straight weeks when I wanted to make the trade. He didn't allow it, and it cost me the league. 
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111

I totally agree with you about this, and I would never block a trade! It was just my opinion.  Just because I run the league doesn't mean I can go in and stop anything or make any changes I want.   I don't play like that!!  Matter of fact, I don't think you will a more fair person then myself.   Did your trade not go through?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : I totally agree with you about this, and I would never block a trade! It was just my opinion.  Just because I run the league doesn't mean I can go in and stop anything or make any changes I want.   I don't play like that!!  Matter of fact, I don't think you will a more fair person then myself.   Did your trade not go through?
    Posted by TFB12

All is good here, just sounded like some were looking to block that trade. Don't want to see that set as a precedence or policy...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : explains why you have a crappy team. I kid, I kid!
    Posted by Homecheese

TB12 will just paste Turner's head on Foster's body, and Gore's head on Rice's body and we'll all be in trouble.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : TB12 will just paste Turner's head on Foster's body, and Gore's head on Rice's body and we'll all be in trouble.
    Posted by Cyberknot

did u get my Email?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to "Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012":
    In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : I'm looking for a decent RB and could be persuaded to give up Davis or Olsen for the right player. Olsen I'd be looking for a possible flex RB but not a #1/2 guy. Davis though might be tricky. Not talking top 5 RB here but I could package him and Greene for an upgraded #2 over Greene or lower end #1 type of RB Posted by PatsEng
    Send me an offer for Davis and maybe we can work something out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Look at this! All red and pinned to the top!

I'm just curious, was any email/reason ever giving for deleting the first few? I find it funny that at least 2 got deleted, and this one has now been pinned to the top.

Hey, if the Sox can admit mistakes and correct them, I guess anyone can!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 :  did u get my Email?
    Posted by NEGAME2

I did. I sent you an email through the league site.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Look at this! All red and pinned to the top! I'm just curious, was any email/reason ever giving for deleting the first few? I find it funny that at least 2 got deleted, and this one has now been pinned to the top. Hey, if the Sox can admit mistakes and correct them, I guess anyone can!
    Posted by ma6dragon9

How cool is this!?!?!  Thanks PatsEng for getting this done, he requested this in another thread.

As for the reasons why the other threads were deleted, here is the response to my post I made in the Ask BDC forum asking why the threads were being deleted.

Do you want me to set up a new Fantasy Football board for you within the Patriots section?

We're switching to new forums and article comments tomorrow afternoon, and after a bit of a shakedown cruise for a day or two, I can set it up for you then if you want.

Sorry about the deletion. Don't know how it happened,

So we could have Dottie create a Fantasy Football forum in the Patriots Football section if we would like.  I like it here, especially if they are willing to keep it pinned to the top!  What do you guys and gals think?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Keep it pinned

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : I did. I sent you an email through the league site.
    Posted by Cyberknot

i feel like a dummy, but I can't find it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : i feel like a dummy, but I can't find it.
    Posted by NEGAME2

Can we start with the blonde jokes??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : i feel like a dummy, but I can't find it.
    Posted by NEGAME2
    I replied that I was ok with it. What did you have in mind?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : I replied that I was ok with it. What did you have in mind?
    Posted by Cyberknot

Thanks Cyberknot for responding-- guess I'll stay where I am for now  Good luck this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : How cool is this!?!?!  Thanks PatsEng for getting this done, he requested this in another thread. As for the reasons why the other threads were deleted, here is the response to my post I made in the Ask BDC forum asking why the threads were being deleted. _____________ TFB, I'm surprised that a thread like that was deleted. Our moderating company doesn't delete threads, just individual comments. Do you want me to set up a new Fantasy Football board for you within the Patriots section? We're switching to new forums and article comments tomorrow afternoon, and after a bit of a shakedown cruise for a day or two, I can set it up for you then if you want. Sorry about the deletion. Don't know how it happened, _________________________ So we could have Dottie create a Fantasy Football forum in the Patriots Football section if we would like.  I like it here, especially if they are willing to keep it pinned to the top!  What do you guys and gals think?
    Posted by TFB12

Since there was such an uproar over having it pinned having a separate section seems to make more sense, esp if it's a general fantasy football thread where people can discuss all fantasy players and teams not just our little group. Given it's popularity I'm kind of surprised the forums didn't already do this

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : Since there was such an uproar over having it pinned having a separate section seems to make more sense, esp if it's a general fantasy football thread where people can discuss all fantasy players and teams not just our little group. Given it's popularity I'm kind of surprised the forums didn't already do this
    Posted by PatsEng

I think keeping this thread pinned to the top is fine, I don't think there was an uproar.  There are at least 15-20 people who post in here, both players in the league and people who like to follow it, and who are regulars on the forum who would like to keep it pinned at the top as we enjoy it. I believe there were only a few people who mentioned they didn't like it pinned to the top.  It's a good thing, FF is hugely popular, it shouldn't surprise anyone to see a FF thread pinned to the top of a football forum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Ignore, I'm just puffing up my post numbers so I can get mentioned in a TexasPat post. Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Ignore, I'm just puffing up my post numbers so I can get mentioned in a TexasPat post.
    Posted by digger0862

Lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Ignore, I'm just puffing up my post numbers so I can get mentioned in a TexasPat post.
    Posted by digger0862

Lol!

Ok I think I got it now. Darn, took like 5 attempts for that to go through

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : What about now? does anyone see this?
    Posted by Homecheese

Yes, you can be seen!!! Guilty conscience or something?  Are you creating posts in another thread that is going to get you banned or something?  LOL!!

Sections
Shortcuts