Patriots Targeting 60 minutes...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Patriots Targeting 60 minutes...

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Pats probably have interest in Percy Harvin, doesn't mean they are going to go for him.

Pats probably have interest in Luck, doesn't mean they're going to trade for him.

Wallace is going to make more money than Bowe. Wallace is also pretty much just a one trick pony. Giving Wallace a long term deal is extremely risky because his only really great skill is his speed. If he has a leg injury that permanently affects his speed, then it's a bad signing. If by the end of the contract he loses some of that speed, then it's a bad signing.

Sorry, other than being really fast, there isn't much I like about Wallace.

You said same thing about MOSS too?  When pats brought him in here in 07...I'm not saying Wallace is moss, but with a resign of WELKER, plus Wallace, that's really all you need.  Then turn to defense and special teams....if they dump Lloyd that will free up another 4 mil......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Pats probably have interest in Percy Harvin, doesn't mean they are going to go for him.

Pats probably have interest in Luck, doesn't mean they're going to trade for him.

Wallace is going to make more money than Bowe. Wallace is also pretty much just a one trick pony. Giving Wallace a long term deal is extremely risky because his only really great skill is his speed. If he has a leg injury that permanently affects his speed, then it's a bad signing. If by the end of the contract he loses some of that speed, then it's a bad signing.

You said same thing about MOSS too?  When pats brought him in here in 07...I'm not saying Wallace is moss, but with a resign of WELKER, plus Wallace, that's really all you need.  Then turn to defense and special teams....if they dump Lloyd that will free up another 4 mil......

I don't think this Wallace rumor will become anything serious...but let's just say it does. I cannot see us signing both Welker and Wallace. We would have a ton of $ tied into our receiving corps (w/ the TEs). If we were going after Wallace, we would be saying goodbye to Wes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero was told the Patriots are interested in free agent Mike Wallace.

New England is desperate for someone to stretch the field on the outside, and they're expected to overhaul their receiving corps to some extent. Brandon Lloyd isn't that type of player, and he may be released after just one season with the club. Teaming deep threat Wallace up with Rob Gronkowski in the intermediate passing game and Wes Welker (assuming he re-signs) and Aaron Hernandez in the short attack would change the whole dynamic of the offense.

An entirely different approach, although riskier, would be to plug the holes in the defense via free agency and then trade up in the draft and grab Tennesse WR Cordarrelle Patterson. (before slamming this idea, check out You Tube clips of Patterson.)

Cordarrelle Patterson

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero was told the Patriots are interested in free agent Mike Wallace.

New England is desperate for someone to stretch the field on the outside, and they're expected to overhaul their receiving corps to some extent. Brandon Lloyd isn't that type of player, and he may be released after just one season with the club. Teaming deep threat Wallace up with Rob Gronkowski in the intermediate passing game and Wes Welker (assuming he re-signs) and Aaron Hernandez in the short attack would change the whole dynamic of the offense.

An entirely different approach, although riskier, would be to plug the holes in the defense via free agency and then trade up in the draft and grab Tennesse WR Cordarrelle Patterson. (before slamming this idea, check out You Tube clips of Patterson.)

Cordarrelle Patterson

Pats don't have chips to trade up, would be surprised if they don't trade down for additional chips

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I don't think this Wallace rumor will become anything serious...but let's just say it does. I cannot see us signing both Welker and Wallace. We would have a ton of $ tied into our receiving corps (w/ the TEs). If we were going after Wallace, we would be saying goodbye to Wes.

If just a rumor, that is totally fine, as long as the offense at leasts re-signs welker back.  I just don't have too much confidence that IF Pats don't resign welker back - what are they going to do for WRs?  They are prob dumping Lloyd to save 4 mil....

That means they would have to start OVER again - and from past history, Brady hasn't exactly had too much chemistry besides guys named Welker and Moss that past few years!

If they just resign Welker back, the put the Money into Defense! I'm so fine with that!  Would love guys like A Wilson S from Zona / Kruger DT/DE from Balt / even Talib resigned with Pats. but hope you see my point here.....Safety / DT/DE / plus Cover Corner - If they load up this way, and resign Welker, I think Pats are in good shape esp if our 3 TE's can stay healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to dustcover's comment:

Cordarrelle Patterson

Pats don't have chips to trade up, would be surprised if they don't trade down for additional chips

Pats aren't going up this year, they are trading down!  they have no 4th/5th or 6th.  I don't think they'll stay at 29....I have a feeling they probably trade with a team like Cleveland, who has a early 2, and they need alot, so if they can hop back in the 1st round, they will....plus him and Lombardi are buds....lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

If just a rumor, that is totally fine, as long as the offense at leasts re-signs welker back.  I just don't have too much confidence that IF Pats don't resign welker back - what are they going to do for WRs?  They are prob dumping Lloyd to save 4 mil....

That means they would have to start OVER again - and from past history, Brady hasn't exactly had too much chemistry besides guys named Welker and Moss that past few years!

If they just resign Welker back, the put the Money into Defense! I'm so fine with that!  Would love guys like A Wilson S from Zona / Kruger DT/DE from Balt / even Talib resigned with Pats. but hope you see my point here.....Safety / DT/DE / plus Cover Corner - If they load up this way, and resign Welker, I think Pats are in good shape esp if our 3 TE's can stay healthy.

With all due respect, who have those receivers been  in the past few years other than Moss and Welker and re-tread Branch?  Underwood, Galloway, Ocho, Price, Jackson.......

Not exactly burning up the league, are they?

Maybe it's time to invest in a little talent there, in addition to the defense who arguably needs a lot.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Pats aren't going up this year, they are trading down!  they have no 4th/5th or 6th.  I don't think they'll stay at 29....I have a feeling they probably trade with a team like Cleveland, who has a early 2, and they need alot, so if they can hop back in the 1st round, they will....plus him and Lombardi are buds....lol

[/QUOTE]

Noise, Cleveland has no second round pick this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

I'd rather sign Wallace for 3-4 years and draft Auston (West Virginia) or Swopes (Texas A&M) for the slot . . . that combo would not be much more money than Wes would get on his own . . . and it would bring in more speed and youth.  Sign Edelman as the backup for the slot and use one of the draft 7th round picks for a prospect at wide received as Wallace's backup.  Use the 2nd, and 3rd picks for defensive backfield help and the other 7th for an offensive lineman prospect.  The Pats did sign two DL guys from Canada, Armstead (CFL all-pro who at 298 even played on special teams) and Vega (local kid).  I'd also see what I could get for Mallett and consider going after Hoyer or Cassel as the backup . . . but then I heard they have been impressed with Kafka.   This would leave them with money for find the cover linebacker incase Fletcher can not do the job and one experienced defensive back as there are many on the market this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Moss and Wallace are completely different players.

Moss actually had great ball skills and great hands. From what I've seen, Wallace has horrible hands.

Randy Moss was also 6'4, and slightly faster, which made him such a dominant weapons.

Wallace is about 6'0 feet, which is respectable, but there are a lot of 6'0 foot ball cb's...There aren't too many 6'4 cbs.

Moss was a special combination of physical gifts and football skill. Wallace is just a guy who is really fast.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

I'd rather sign Wallace for 3-4 years and draft Auston (West Virginia) or Swopes (Texas A&M) for the slot . . . that combo would not be much more money than Wes would get on his own . . . and it would bring in more speed and youth.  Sign Edelman as the backup for the slot and use one of the draft 7th round picks for a prospect at wide received as Wallace's backup.  Use the 2nd, and 3rd picks for defensive backfield help and the other 7th for an offensive lineman prospect.  The Pats did sign two DL guys from Canada, Armstead (CFL all-pro who at 298 even played on special teams) and Vega (local kid).  I'd also see what I could get for Mallett and consider going after Hoyer or Cassel as the backup . . . but then I heard they have been impressed with Kafka.   This would leave them with money for find the cover linebacker incase Fletcher can not do the job and one experienced defensive back as there are many on the market this year.

wallace and hopkins or rogers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Taking $ out of the equation I would love to have Wallace on this team, let's not pretend he isn't a talent just because he's expensive.  If we have to spend big bucks on him or Welker, if we have to choose, I'd take Wallace and Edelmen in the slot in a heartbeat... also resigning Woody for more slot receptions wouldn't hurt.

absolutley agree

plus hopkins in draft or rogers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Noise, Cleveland has no second round pick this year.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Quags, I meant next years 2nd, but forgot to write that....oops.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Moss and Wallace are completely different players.

Moss actually had great ball skills and great hands. From what I've seen, Wallace has horrible hands.

Randy Moss was also 6'4, and slightly faster, which made him such a dominant weapons.

Wallace is about 6'0 feet, which is respectable, but there are a lot of 6'0 foot ball cb's...There aren't too many 6'4 cbs.

Moss was a special combination of physical gifts and football skill. Wallace is just a guy who is really fast.

Totally agree, Wallace would be like a poor mans moss.   

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots24. Show patriots24's posts

Re:

In response to Getzo's comment: i would love to see wallace in a Pats uniform.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Via espn...pats seem interested in josh cribbs and browns in Edelman . I would take that swap in a heartbeat...is bb and Lombardi up to something?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Pardon me but I say forget old man Welker, go get Wallace and pick up Cribbs.

Cribbs should be decent in the slot and can be your all star Special Teamer. He's had poor QB play in CLE all his years, maybe Tom Brady can turn him into a gem?

I love Welker as much as the next guy but this offense needs someone to take the top off. Someone to force an extra safety to play deep. Should open up the middle for Gronk/Hernandez.

just my $0.02

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not too sre it'll but I do like what Salguero is saying. 

" Teaming deep threat Wallace (or another deep threat WR) up with Rob Gronkowski in the intermediate passing game and Wes Welker (assuming he re-signs) and Aaron Hernandez in the short attack would change the whole dynamic of the offense."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Not too sre it'll but I do like what Salguero is saying. 

" Teaming deep threat Wallace (or another deep threat WR) up with Rob Gronkowski in the intermediate passing game and Wes Welker (assuming he re-signs) and Aaron Hernandez in the short attack would change the whole dynamic of the offense."

There's no denying that Wallace would change the offense. Teams would have to respect our deep game and he would definitely open things up for Gronk, Hernandez, and our slot guys/RBs in the middle. My concerns regard price and if he can make the adjustments/run the routes that the Patriots' offense requires.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Mike Wallace is just someone who will drop the ball farther down field from the line of scrimmage. He wants big bucks, and if this article is true, he is more interested in the warm weather of Miami,

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-dolphins-lead-dog-mike-wallace-012124688--nfl.html

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

NO THANK YOU... DEFENSE PEOPLE.. DEFENSE.. SIGN AS MANY CORNERS, SAFETIES & PASS RUSHERS AS POSSIBLE.