Patriots Team of the Decade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Patriots Team of the Decade

Who is the team of the decade?

The Patriots make the strongest argument with 4 superbowl appearances, 3 titles, 102-42 in Regular Season games. If the Patriots win again in 2009 they are far and away the best. If the Steelers were to win again I would say it's a tie. Even if the Colts were to win, the Patriots would be far and away the team of the decade. 

The Colts really don't even deserve to be in the conversation, but I figured I would throw their in their stats just to show they are far behind the Steelers who would be for 2nd place. Additionally, with 8 playoffs appearances the
    Colts had a loss 7-8 times. Not the sign of a Champion.

Patriots 3 Superbowl titles/4 appearances  102-42 Regular season

Steelers 2 Superbowl titles  94-49 Regular season

Colts 1 Superbowl title  101-39 Regular season

Patriots

2000  5-11  Last in div
    2001  11-5  Won Superbowl
    2002  9-7    Missed playoffs/tied for 2nd place div
    2003  14-2  Won Superbowl
    2004  14-2  Won Superbowl 
    2005  10-6  Made Playoffs/lost Div Playoff game
    2006  12-4  Made Playoffs/lost AFC championship 
    2007  16-0  Made playoffs/lost Superbowl
    2008  11-5  Missed playoffs 2nd place div
    2009  ?

Steelers
    2000  9-7   Fished 3rd in division
    2001 13-3  Made playoffs/lost AFC championship
    2002 10-5  Made playoffs/lost in div round
    2003 6-10  3rd in div
    2004 15-1  Made playoffs/lost AFC championship
    2005 11-5  Won Superbowl
    2006 8-8   3rd in division
    2007 10-6  Made Playoffs/lost in wildcard round
    2008 12-4  Won Superbowl
    2009  ?

Colts

2000  10-6 Made playoffs/ lost wildcard round
    2001  6-10 4th in division
    2002  10-6 Made playoffs/ lost wildcard round
    2003  12-4 Made playoffs/ lost afc championship
    2004  12-4 Made playoffs/ lost div round
    2005  14-2 Made playoffs/ lost div round
    2006  12-4 Won superbowl
    2007  13-3 Made playoffs/ lost div round
    2008  12-4 Made playoffs/ lost div round
    2009 ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tojo. Show tojo's posts

Re: Patriots Team of the Decade

I might add Steelers and Colts were both fortunate with weaker, dark horse SB opponents.  Seatle, Chicago and Arizona?  Please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think even if the Steelers win the Pats unless they have just a terrible season (which I don't forsee), will still be the team of the decade. Because:

1. They will have more Super Bowl appearances
      2. Probably a better regular season record (+8 going into the season) 
      3. More or same playoff wins (Pittsburgh would have to win out from the first round, and the Pats will have to either not make the playoffs or get knock out in the first game).
      4. 5-2 head to head record this decade
      5. Might have more division titles (If Pats win their division (which they will), or tie if Pats don't win division and Steelers do)
      6. 2-0 playoff record for Pats vs Steelers both in AFC Championship games

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hditch. Show hditch's posts

The Colts didnt lost the AFC Championship in 04

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

What makes them the team of the decade besides the 4 super bowls are the two winning streaks. The 21 in a row won't be broke for a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

And the first 16-0 regular season record will stand for awhile along with the 50 TD passes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

The Colts are a clear number 3 team of the decade. All the teams of the decades in the past our judged on playoff performance and Super Bowls. One super bowl not matter how good their regular season looks won't get them the team of the decade. Even if they won the Super Bowl this year they'd still have one less than the Pats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Steelers fan here...Pats are the Team of the Decade.  Based on head-to-head more than anything else.

But...who cares?  Don't get too worked up about these media titles.  You guys are turning into a nervous wreck since the hating kicked in two years ago!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Team of the Decade:
    [QUOTE]Steelers fan here...Pats are the Team of the Decade.  Based on head-to-head more than anything else. [/QUOTE]

So I guess the Patriots 4 Superbowl Appearances and 3 wins vs the Steelers 2 wins didn't convince you that they were the superior team of the decade? Typical Idiot Steeler fan

[QUOTE]You guys are turning into a nervous wreck since the hating kicked in two years ago![/QUOTE]

You mean kind of like the Steelers fans a few years ago when the whole world realized the Steelers would have won nothing with out STEROIDS in the 70's

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/06/23/terry-bradshaw-says-he-used-steroids/

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_462321.html

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_328813.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3831956

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]I might add Steelers and Colts were both fortunate with weaker, dark horse SB opponents.  Seatle, Chicago and Arizona?  Please.
    Posted by tojo[/QUOTE]
    STL PHI CAR ain't exactly Lombardi's Packers either there aah butch
      3    3     3

With one season left, I'll give it to ya though. Also, on account of the fact that neither team makes it past the AFCCG this year. SEE ya

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Its not cool to call that kid a idiot steelers fan, he did not step out of line what so ever and he didnt act like a troll either so whats your problem.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Team of the Decade : So I guess the Patriots 4 Superbowl Appearances and 3 wins vs the Steelers 2 wins didn't convince you that they were the superior team of the decade? Typical Idiot Steeler fan You mean kind of like the Steelers fans a few years ago when the whole world realized the Steelers would have won nothing with out STEROIDS in the 70's id=3831956
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

No, you simpleton.  If, by some chance, Pittsburgh won the SB in 2010, they would be tied with New England.  But, then you would have to go head-to-head and even if Pittsburgh did beat NE in the AFC Championship, they would still lose out in head-to-head.  So, I would say that NE has it 'locked up'.

And, I will stand behind the paranoia comments.  It's amazing how personal some of you take an article about a mythical, informal, unofficial "Team of the Decade" (queue the NFL music in the background).

Sections
Shortcuts