Patriots' TEs An Early Hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Patriots' TEs An Early Hit

Not all is dark and dank in the world of the New England Patriots. TE Rob Gronkowski reportedly is getting rave reviews: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/09/rave-reviews-for-gronkowski.html.

Meanwhile, fellow rookie TE Aaron Hernandez was one of the very few bright spots in an otherwise sea of darkness, last Sunday.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Huggybear999. Show Huggybear999's posts

Re: Patriots' TEs An Early Hit

The TE's are awesome. We just need our QB to use them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Patriots' TEs An Early Hit:
    [QUOTE]     and dank  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

LOL

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dank

but yes good observation we finally have a grerat corps of TEs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Someone left their "DANK" out again. Sealed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots' TEs An Early Hit:
    [QUOTE]Someone left their "DANK" out again.
    Posted by JerrySpringer[/QUOTE]

here if you want some dank get this record by my nephew:

http://www.facebook.com/discography/album.php?aid=255829615039

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I wish they picked one TE, and spent the other pick on a RB!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

We should have exposed the Jests more with our TE's....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

The Jets will be exposed soon enough. Their D relies on a lot of holding to keep the receiver from separating. Revis gets away with it by reputation, but I don't understand why the rookie DB would. Gronkowski had a step on the rookie DB, Brady put the ball in, but the DB latched on to Gronkowski's one of his arms forcing him to try & make a one handed catch. If the refs wont call holding, the receivers are going to have to create seperation anyway they can. Hell, if that means running over the DB's legs & making it look like incidental contact, so be it. Someone needs to show the young Patriot secondary film of the Jets DB's techniques. Let the receiver drag you along for the ride. As long as you can get away with it, do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Patriots' TEs An Early Hit : LOL http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dank but yes good observation we finally have a grerat corps of TEs
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Well...we are talking about Aaron Hernandez, aren't we, boys?? LOL!!! http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/dank?cx=partner-pub-0939450753529744%3Av0qd01-tdlq&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=dank&sa=Search#922

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Gronk and Hernandez are just going to be insane for the Pats. Gronk is probably going to be the better TE but Hernandez is just a mismatch because you have a LB covering a guy who has the build of a WR and really is one in this system. Gronk if he can digest the playbook next offseason will be a monster. Just has to get down running routes and if he can get that down he will dominate alone with that and his god given skills. 

All in all great draft so far and skies the limit for these young guns. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

Bucky Brooks Week 2 Awards

Check this out....

Bucky Brooks of the NFL has Hernandaz as #5 for Rookie of Year in his Week 2 rankings

McCourty won Rookie of the Year for Week 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ab609e/article/week-2-awards-watch-bears-cutler-off-to-fast-start

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

PhatRex - go back and watch the tapes.  On most of the plays where Brady was heaving to Moss for no catch/interceptions Welker or Hernandez were open.  On the Taylor sack/fumble play Hernandez was wide open.  Brady needs to go back to spreading it around like he used to.  The downside to that is that Moss shuts down over lack of targets and the offense is negatively affected

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i think moss is just a one dimensional wideout.   i am in the minority (i think) that believes this should be his last year here because as a previous poster mentioned, TB throws INTs when he tries to force the ball in to him.  dont get me wrong, when he is on, he is ON... but when he isnt and TB has to force the ball it makes out O bland and ineffective.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I subscribe to the Parcells philosophy of "let's not put the youngsters in Canton just yet" based on a few games.  But it's clear that both guys have lots of talent and after years and years of drafting TEs it looks like these two are keepers.  Hernandez will be a matchup nightmare every week and Gronkowski looks to be Dan Graham with better receiving skills. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan1033. Show Patsfan1033's posts

As good as they may be and I like them, the OC must utilize them and the QB must look for the mismatch's in coverage.  Obviously our wonder boy, TB12, needs a haircut in a big way because he couldn't see the open receiver last week and tried to focus in and force balls to a covered #81!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Gronk really doesn't know how to block at the NFL level yet.  Translation:  he's going to get better in a couple of months.  As far as him being an endzone target, that part's not bad, but precise route-running will help, so he might get better there too.

Can Brady throw the dark and dank dink and dunk?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]i think moss is just a one dimensional wideout.   i am in the minority (i think) that believes this should be his last year here because as a previous poster mentioned, TB throws INTs when he tries to force the ball in to him.  dont get me wrong, when he is on, he is ON... but when he isnt and TB has to force the ball it makes out O bland and ineffective.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]
    It's probably true, he is one dimensional.  But that dimension is to grab a 50 yard TD in one play.  Something that keeps coordinators stressing to their DB's not to let him get behind them no matter what.  Welker does not bring that sort of threat, a coordinator is more likely to risk a one on one against Welker for a 15 yard pick up than with Moss for 7 points.  It's what keeps the underneath stuff open. 

But doing what Brady or whoever makes the calls last week was doing is not a good use of Moss.  It's the same every year with Moss.  He does nothing all game, a coordinator gets brave and leaves him in man coverage the next game he grabs 2 TD's.  The next game he's got 2 guys on him at all times. 

You just have to kill them with short stuff until they get tired of it and bring the safety down to help, then hit Moss.  They were forcing it too much, and if they can't stop themselves from forcing it to Moss than no, he's not helping the offense.  But that's really a problem with Brady and the Coordinator.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I wonder if the TE's were running the correct routes last week.  The matchups the Pats chose to target were strange.  TE's in go routes with DB's?  Don't know if the guys were reading the routes wrong, Obrien wanted them to do that or Brady just chose to go to them with those plays.  Who knows. 

I think the TE's and generally the team has a lot of talent, they just need to get synchronized and they will be deadly.

Sections
Shortcuts