Patriots THAT good or Titans THAT bad?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

Patriots THAT good or Titans THAT bad?

Which one is it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Patriots THAT good or Titans THAT bad?

I said this earlier in the week and was roundly hooted, but the Pats winning this game -- even in this fashion -- doesn't really tell us much about the Pats.

Tennesse blows donut holes, and that's about the nicest thing I can say about that team.

It's good to see Brady connecting on some long balls, but I wouldn't get too excited about this win. The Pats beat a winless team, and they're fortunate to have another cookie on their schedule next week . . .

although I have no doubt at least one of the fly-by-nighters will spend all week telling us how we have to respect Tampon Bay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Combo of both.  NE is not as good as this score shows, and Tenn. might not be as bad as the score shows.

I expected  to see a better game than this, but I kinda figured the Pats would win this one.  Not a good test for them today. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

Oh come on - you have to ask?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacaroniFan. Show MacaroniFan's posts

I'm just glad they executed well on both sides of the ball

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Patriots' offense didn't miss a single opportunity to score. As that has been their problem, missing opportunities, I say they are improving very well.

The Titans haven't been a dangerous team since mid last season.

Counting the playoffs, they have won one game in their last eleven, IIRC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

In Response to Patriots THAT good or Titans THAT bad?:
    [QUOTE]Which one is it?
    Posted by HipHopHooray[/QUOTE]

Both.

The Patriots are a much better team than they have shown so far this season.   People have been talking about the defense and the running game, but the problem has been Brady.   He's been off.

Today he looked great.   I hope it snows every Sunday for the rest of the season if that's what it takes.   His long ball was on the money, he was hitting recievers long, short and in the middle.  He had touch on his screen passes.   He looked great.

I hope this means Brady is back to his old self, the next two weeks will tell.   It will be great if this team can hit their stride now, then get a good rest on their bye week so they can come back to run the table.  

I can't wait to play the Jets again.   Can't wait.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Regradles, it reminds this team of what it is like to put up the numbers.  Hopefully, thery like it enough to want to keep it flowing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]Which one is it?
    Posted by HipHopHooray[/QUOTE]

The answer is obvious.  Yes and no on both counts!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]Which one is it?
    Posted by HipHopHooray[/QUOTE] Hey what about that running game?? Maroney played like he should have when he was drafted. Can't keep from gloating about BJGE's production. Too bad about Morris.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Given the weather conditions, regardless of the opponent, to have executed like they did is a great sign.  Coud you say the Titans may have shut it down?  Maybe.  But, the plays still have to be made, Brady had precision on his scoring strikes, especially in the second quarter when throwing into the wind.  None of the opponents who played the Titans to date put a 59-0 whupping on them.  Real good teams would be expected to put up such a score, agreed?  Wouldn't we all have started having more doubt if the Pats continued to struggle offensively?  We can't have it both ways.  They do great and we say it is because of the opponent and if they didn't do great, then we'd doubt the Pats??!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I was at the game, and I think the Titans gave up.  They didn't show up to play.  I don't even think they wanted to be there.

I wouldn't be proud of getting open against that secondary.  I viewed this game as a great opportunity to pad our stats.

There were, however, a few big pluses:
    -Brady was ACCURATE and hit open receivers, which he hadn't been doing previously
    -The defense kept the shutout (with help from Jeff Fisher, who had a chance to kick a field goal at the Patriots 20 and didn't)
    -The defense is still forcing a lot of turnovers (I loved Merriweather's strip of LenDale White)
    -The Jets lost
    -We get 0-6 Tampa Bay next week!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots THAT good or Titans THAT bad?:
    [QUOTE]I was at the game, and I think the Titans gave up.  They didn't show up to play.  I don't even think they wanted to be there. I wouldn't be proud of getting open against that secondary.  Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    Nick, you can't post that.  It makes my comment that the titans previous 5 losses contributed to the pats beatdown by demolishing their will.  I was quickly berated for it. 

I will say this, however, just because the titans were awful doesn't mean that the pats didn't do all the right things.  I don't know if there is anyone more accurate than brady when given time.

Sections
Shortcuts