Patriots: the Ohio State of the NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Patriots: the Ohio State of the NFL

Win at a high percentage against cupcake teams.

Choke against top-ranked teams and become unnecessarily conservative under pressure.

Agree?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Patriots: the Ohio State of the NFL

In Response to Patriots: the Ohio State of the NFL:
    [QUOTE]Win at a high percentage against cupcake teams. Choke against top-ranked teams and become unnecessarily conservative under pressure. Agree?
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Disagree..Just this year and I wouldn't even think about making that call until after the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Patriots: the Ohio State of the NFL

In Response to Re: Patriots: the Ohio State of the NFL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Patriots: the Ohio State of the NFL : Disagree..Just this year and I wouldn't even think about making that call until after the season.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Really?  What about the past few years?  It's become a pattern for them to lose big games.  Aside from their undefeated regular season (where the last 6 games were big games), they've lost most of their big regular season matchups.  Their big postseason victories came against a happy-to-be-there Jacksonville squad and a San Diego team led by a one-legged-man (Phillip Rivers, sans ACL and MCL).

It's also become a pattern for them to be a passing team that can't run out the clock when they have to do so.  They scored quickly against the Giants... so quickly that the G-Men had time to score back.  They couldn't eat up time against the Colts in 06/07.

In their desire to be a statistically ideal team, I think they're losing the human element in the process.  This is how fired up opponents with equal talent are beating them, IMO.

They'll win most games by playing statistically smart, but they'll lose the ones that matter most.  I'd rather have it the other way around.

Sections
Shortcuts