Patriots To Work Out Pat White....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

According to Foxsports, the Pats are working out Pat White. Great addition for the Patriots in the third round. White would make the perfect slash as well as 3rd QB. It would just be another addition the Patriots, he could run the wildcat offense a half a dozen times a game to mix things up, as well as line up as a 5th WR.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

I like it .....with the way BB uses his versatile players PW would be a beast on offense sort of like a 2k9 version of Kordell Stewart. can't go wrong with that at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

If we can get him in the fifth, I'm all for it. I think fourth round or lower is too soon, however, for an undersized thrower who's never played WR. He can run, sure, but I just don't see him as a target for the Patriots any sooner than round 5.

Although, we could use a third QB. He could be developed slowly over time, and do a great job running the practice squad each week. My only issue is that WR is stacked right now--Moss, Welker, Galloway, Lewis, Aiken, Slater--and I don't see a lot of room for a developmental guy. I'd rather bring on more of a sure thing, like Robiskie, who would clearly take over the #3 spot next year after Galloway retires, than hope a guy who never played the position could beat out the three guys ahead of him on the depth chart.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

I've watched Pat White play for 4 years and the guy is an underrated thrower. He has a future as an NFL qb regardless of what the pundits are saying.
    Not saying he would get a helleva lot of minutes in our offense but as a change of pace every now and then he would be a great asset.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He will be a ok WR but as a slash he will be great on gadget plays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

The guys a midget and weighs 90 lbs soaking wet. Don't waste a draft pick on this guy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

On his pro day he refused to run routes. Had said he would but on the day of he declined to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

I agree. I wouldnt be upset if the Patriots used a 3rd on him if he was willing to play other positions besides QB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

BB has already experimented with the wildcat with Kevin Faulk

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Is this the same guy that refused to run routes during his pro day and only passed? If so, it doesn't sound like he wants to play WR, only QB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

What this comes down to is he can play WR if he wants to or he could be a 3rd string QB, does anyone here think Matt G is a better 3rd string QB then Pat White would be? I dont so this kid has value. He can play as a WR or as a QB and is a hard worker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Most likely we'll have a 5th round comp, Sportsbozo.

I'm reconsidering what I said earlier. I think he could be a great 3rd QB and a 4th/5th WR who sees time in a wildcat package (punt returner, maybe?). That versatility moves him up to a starter/rotational player, which is what I think the rounds are for. It's not a sense that he's 3rd round talent or 5th round talent, but whether or not he sees the field. 1 - 2 are impact players, ideally. 3 - 4 are solid starters/rotational players. 5 - 7 are depth/special teamers/developmental prospects.

So if he's more than just a 3rd QB (which is purely back up/developmental), then he moves up into a rotational player, and if we use a lot of wildcat, or if establishes himself as a good WR (I think his game compares well with Troy Brown, to be honest, though that's just speculation on my part), then he could become a starter.

And starters are worth a 3rd round pick for sure. Especially a comp pick. Okay, you've convinced me. :)

Sections
Shortcuts