Patriots!! Top Reasons why we are still just fine.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Re: Patriots!! Top Reasons why we are still just fine.

This team is a bit of a Jeckyl and Hyde team.  While I agree that the Saints game is the only one really out of reach this year (and even then, they had their chances to at least make it respectable) there has been enough inconsistency at times to make me think this team is a good but not championship caliber.  There have been a lot of times when they look like they are world beaters, and then they go ahead and lose to teams they should have beat.  They have shown a trend to give up big plays at the wrong time and to have costly turnovers when they can least afford to.  But then again, they have been respectable on D for most of the year and the offense can put up points with anyone when they're on.     

There are 5 games left, and it they run the table, they should be in pretty good position.  They've proven that they can play on par with the Colts on the road.  I would never count this team out, but to me, it's looking like they're a few pieces away from being really good again.           

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I'm not sure how may reasons there are but it isn't over until it's over. You never know what can happen in this league and the way everything looks now could be a lot different come playoff time. The key is getting in and a win this week does it.

BRob you make some good points. This teams gone full spectrum and it's tough to know which one you'll get from week to week. I think they need to slow it down and demonstrate more ball control with short routes, screens and running plays over and over. Not just the first quarter. This team can't afford to miss one long on 1st, the defenses crowd the line on 2nd and only rush three on 3rd. It's too predictable. 

BTW-I'd say you're both idiots for keeping such a weak argument going

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots!! Top Reasons why we are still just fine.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots!! Top Reasons why we are still just fine. : moron? ok...let me spell this out for you...i h-a-t-e t-h-e p-a-t-r-i-o-t-s...i been a football fan since 86...and i was saying that you must have started watching in 01 since you have this attitude that you and the patriots are the best and everyone, err...everything else is beneath you...relax dude...im trying to be civil...if you dont want to talk football...then apparently you know where that ignore button is too
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]
    well obviously u dont know wat a die hard fan is...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]This team is a bit of a Jeckyl and Hyde team.  While I agree that the Saints game is the only one really out of reach this year (and even then, they had their chances to at least make it respectable) there has been enough inconsistency at times to make me think this team is a good but not championship caliber.  There have been a lot of times when they look like they are world beaters, and then they go ahead and lose to teams they should have beat.  They have shown a trend to give up big plays at the wrong time and to have costly turnovers when they can least afford to.  But then again, they have been respectable on D for most of the year and the offense can put up points with anyone when they're on.      There are 5 games left, and it they run the table, they should be in pretty good position.  They've proven that they can play on par with the Colts on the road.  I would never count this team out, but to me, it's looking like they're a few pieces away from being really good again.           
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

Rob,

I agree. I am not as confident about every win, but I know I am watching a team that can with any game. We should run the rest of the season, Miami gives me the main concern only because they are Miami...in Miami

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

[QUOTE]Right on bill.  But you left out that our team is the New England F*cking Patriots, the best team in the history of the universe.  All others will play us and die!!!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Sure...like the Colts...then the Saints.  then a 1st round exit from the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

Two games up in the East, with a big division game this week on the road.  This is during what could be considered a rebuilding year when BB went with the youth movement on the D.

They have a decent chance to run the table and finish with the #2 seed in the AFC since the bolts and bungles have to play each other.  Here's hoping the winner of that game will fold in a different game down the stretch.

O-line and RB's are getting healthy.