Patriots trade doe Haynesworth!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Patriots trade doe Haynesworth!

Adam Schefter just reported on Mike And Mike.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Re: Patriots trade doe Haynesworth!

I do not see this trade posted anywhere on the internet or news sources.  Where do you get your information, and why post a misleading thread title that would make it seem the trade was actually made?

I think the pottential trade sucks, because hw is a cancer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Adam Schefter is apparently reporting this . . . I've posted my thoughts in another thread (there are two now on the alleged Haynesworth trade)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

This deal has me very surprised, confused, and excited. Albert Haynesworth is a loathesome character and the Pats have to be concerned about because he's going to be around a lot of young guys on this defense. Furthermore, I thought Bellichick wanted guys who "loved" to play football, and I'm not too sure this is the case with "Fat Albert."

On the other hand, when this guy is tuned in, he's a "BEAST," -- he's one of the most dominant and imposing D-lineman in the game. To have him and Vince Wilfork on the same D-line could be something very special this season, I certainly hope so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

When Haynesworth is healthy he is one of the top five lineman in the NFL. He has been a headcase in Washington, really trying that FO. But hey NE reformed other players as well.

For a fifth rounder this could be a steal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots trade doe Haynesworth!:
    [QUOTE]This deal has me very surprised, confused, and excited. Albert Haynesworth is a loathesome character and the Pats have to be concerned about because he's going to be around a lot of young guys on this defense. Furthermore, I thought Bellichick wanted guys who "loved" to play football, and I'm not too sure this is the case with "Fat Albert." On the other hand, when this guy is tuned in, he's a "BEAST," -- he's one of the most dominant and imposing D-lineman in the game. To have him and Vince Wilfork on the same D-line could be something very special this season, I certainly hope so.
    Posted by DaPrince77[/QUOTE]

Ditto. If he plays to 90% of his potential, this will be the best defensive line NE has fielded since 2004.

Warren, Wilfork, Haynesworth is just a dominant, dominant group. In fact, there isn't a better group in the NFL IMO. It will most certainly take pressure off of the OLBs to get to the QB when you can cause serious issues rushing three guys in your first an second down packages.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I absolutely LOVE this move.

If he actually decides he will contribute our Dline will be dominant. Good luck running up the middle with Fat Albert and Big Vince in the middle with Warren adn Wright on the ends( assuming we run 4-3,nickle packages etc)

Now as for the 3-4 that Albert had issues with, I think BB can figure this out and I'm betting he'll contribute in that aspect as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

And don't forget, big al can in fact rush the passer from that DL spot as well as just about anyone in the league.  Since BB clearly cannot bring himself to draft or pay an edge rusher this may be his chance to generate a passrush.  Beef upfront that can collapse a pocket while the retooled secondary holds for an extra second....  
    Not that Matt Roth wouldn't help out a bit but hey thats asking too much right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinjake1966. Show kevinjake1966's posts

It's a low risk move, if Albert screws up he's gone and the Pats are out a 5th round pick in 2013.  I like this move alot.