Patriots vs. Bills Game Thread.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Re: Patriots vs. Bills Game Thread.

BJGE - 98 yards running !

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't think the D is as bad as people make it out to be. 

They'll work it out. We see what Meriweather and Chung look like together, McCourty and the other pieces will get better. Don't give up on them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Has a team ever won the Super Bowl while giving up 27+ points a game?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

They couldn't let BJGE get his 100 yards?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Bills Game Thread.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Bills Game Thread. : here, here to the realists :)
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Some people on these boards, as you know all too well, think that anyone who has a negative comment about their team is not a "real fan".
    BS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Good game Pats. Was there any doubt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Divisional Win - 

Offense is the real deal..
    Defense needs work - a LOT of work, but promising...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow some of you guys. Yes the defense was horrible but you have to actually look at what BB's working with.

Our leading veteran in the secondary is MERIWEATHER. They are extremely young and raw. I expect them to improve as the season continues and might be above average by the end of the season if Chung and McCourty can lock down 1 side of the field.

Spikes and Cunningham are still rookies but are playing at a higher level then most rookies play. They will improve and Nink is still learning how to be an LB moving from the DL spot all his career.

The line was hurting after Warren went down. Lets face it with Warren you really only have to cover 1 side without him you are putting in backup players on both ends or a player like Brace who showed nothing last year. Brace looked decent this game and will hopefully continue but if Cunningham develops further then that will help hide at least one side of the DE's.

The way I look at it is our biggest weakness right now goes to either pass rush or secondary. An improvement in the secondary will buy more time for the rush to reach the QB or a better pass rush will help hide that young secondary. Either way I see our young secondary improving as they learn and I also see Nink and Cunningham start to put more pressure on QB's as they get more playing time.

I'm very hopeful and will highly enjoy watching this young defense improve as the year goes on

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Great 2nd half. Held the ball for 21 of 30 minutes. Well done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Has a team ever won the Super Bowl while giving up 27+ points a game?
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Last year? The Saints gave up 21 points a game. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I'll take the win, but man, our defense needs a ton, I mean a metric-butt ton of work.  We play like this next week, Miami will absolutely kill us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Bills Game Thread. : Last year? The Saints gave up 21 points a game. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    21 is not 27, now is it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Wow some of you guys. Yes the defense was horrible but you have to actually look at what BB's working with. Our leading veteran in the secondary is MERIWEATHER. They are extremely young and raw. I expect them to improve as the season continues and might be above average by the end of the season if Chung and McCourty can lock down 1 side of the field. Spikes and Cunningham are still rookies but are playing at a higher level then most rookies play. They will improve and Nink is still learning how to be an LB moving from the DL spot all his career. The line was hurting after Warren went down. Lets face it with Warren you really only have to cover 1 side without him you are putting in backup players on both ends or a player like Brace who showed nothing last year. Brace looked decent this game and will hopefully continue but if Cunningham develops further then that will help hide at least one side of the DE's. The way I look at it is our biggest weakness right now goes to either pass rush or secondary. An improvement in the secondary will buy more time for the rush to reach the QB or a better pass rush will help hide that young secondary. Either way I see our young secondary improving as they learn and I also see Nink and Cunningham start to put more pressure on QB's as they get more playing time. I'm very hopeful and will highly enjoy watching this young defense improve as the year goes on
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Good summary. Young but potentially promising defense. Its going to take the patience of Job to watch them mature, if they do mature, this season-and it could take a little more of a talent infusion to get it done (ie next year). 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Bills Game Thread. : They obviously didn't sit in Schaefer Stadium - or even further back - at BU's field in the cold to hope for 1 win with 12,000 other fans.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

I was there many times, one time "performing" at halftime.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Bills Game Thread. : Spoken like a true realist. And yes, a fan.
    Posted by Pumpsie-Green[/QUOTE]

I know, I know.  I hear you.  I have moments like this, too. 

But this was no loss, no tie, and no OT.  Next week will be a real test, and the Pats are in trouble.  Much as I hope NY gets spanked tonight, it just keeps Miami undefeated.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Bills Game Thread. : Yes, I stand corrected.  Saw the replay. Didn't see Banta-Cain coming at him.   But, it IS Fitzpatrick, though.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Not the best effort by the secondary, but they got what they needed from the front seven and got two INT. The best news about today - the defense only gave up 7 in the second half while the offense put up 21. I will take that effort pretty much any week.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Waaa-Waaa-Waaa....... that's all I'm hearing....

Guys - a win is a win, regardless of how big or small. The fact of the matter is that we're 2-1, and we're in second place in the AFC East.... things could be a lot worse.

We gave up 23 defensive points (KR for TD), and our worst drives were the first drive (before we could make adjustments) and the drive when Butler was in. A win is a win is a win. That's not to say that things aren't concerning, but every week is different, and we have a great chance of going into Miami and knocking them off.

But after all, most people here will look at the defense and cry, instead of looking at the offense and rejoicing.

Look - things could be a lot worse, and we won. A WIN IS A WIN....

Let's move on to Miami. We're 2-1 three weeks into the season. We're in a pretty good place right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone really feel good now about going down to Miami? The Best Defense Is A Great Offense - Patriots 2010
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

Do you feel any better about yourself now that you've managed to single-handedly destroy this thread with your pessimism?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Bills Game Thread. : 21 is not 27, now is it?
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

The Colts gave up 22.5 in '06. My point is you don't need to be a top 5 scoring defense to win a championship. The Pats will work things out, it's silly, but Belichick is still playing preseason football out there. He doesn't even have a real starting 11 on defense. 

The only people who have started the 3 games in the same positions are Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, Ninkovich, Chung and McCourty. That's 6-11 positions. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I'm thinking Miami beats the Jets tonight. I gotta say I'm pulling for Miami tonight. Someone obviously is going to win and I don't think I could EVER want the Jets to win any game.