Patriots vs Dolphins Game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Patriots vs Dolphins Game thread

Anyone miss Merriweather tonight? Besides the other team's QB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

good job with that interception = we are now +0 on the TO..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YES!!

I called 38

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

1 one down  !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Divisional road win - very nice

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

nice outcome, not the final score i was hoping for and i would have liked to have seen a sack from haynesworth, but good game with room for lots of improvement. 4 sacks is a nice change from last year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs Dolphins Game thread:
    So obvious yet everyone hating..... there is a lot of new faces and for the first time in more then 10 years a 4-3 defense...... this might take time to gel you'd think. 
    Posted by Getzo

Yeah, I'm back and forth, but the truth is, the 4-3 didn't just get invented.  The front 4 got little pressure and made Henne look like Brady.  NO WAY they should have put up 24 on us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

4 sacks and  we held them to 2-14 on 3rd downs and as we all know 3rd downs killed us last year   alot to like on the D and alot to work on

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

4 sacks and  we held them to 2-14 on 3rd downs and as we all know 3rd downs killed us last year   alot to like on the D and alot to work on
    Posted by wolfwood

I thought they looked better in the front than last year (which wasn't hard to do), they put some pressure on towards the end and should get better. I've got to think the field and the heat had something to do with the lack of pressure by both teams tonight. Definitely something to build on and there's some things to work with...unlike last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Analysis  and  Outlook :
    Bad  News :  1)  Did  Shaun  Ellis  suit  up ?  I  didn't  hear  his  name  called.  2)  The  D  gave  Henne  almost  400  yards  passing.  Not  good, even  though  much  of  that  was  garbage  time.  3)  the  linebackers  need  to  close  down  many  of  the  runs  Henne  made, including  Henne's  TD  run.  4)  Chad  Johnson  was  invisible  and  a  stupid  procedure  penalty  cost  Gronk  a  40  yeard  reception.
    Good  News :  1)  Solder  was  impressive  in  his  debut.  2)  Dowling  was  impressive.  3)  Even  though  the  D  only  got  a  couple  of  sacks, the  pass  rush  was  clearly  better  than  last  year.  4) Hernandez  and  Gronk  were  awesome.  5)  Brady  was  awesome.   6)  Anderson  a  definite  upgrade  for  Cunningham.  7)  Welker  was  awesome.  8)  Branch  had  a  very  good  game.  8)  Woodhead  had  a  nice  game.  9)  Hayneswworth  had  a  decent  game.
    Outlook :  The  PATS  can  dominate  teams  like  Miami.  However, they  still  are  over-relying  on  the  pass  and  against  elite  teams  ( ie.  Ravens, Packers, Jets )  they  will  need  to  rely  more  on  the  RUN  GAME.  I  don't  know  if  Gurode  is  available,  but  if  he  is,  they  need  to  sign  him.  Connolly  was  actually  an  upgrade  over  Koppen.  They  will  need  someone  like  Gurode  against  the  elite  defenses.  Also, the  pass  rush  was  OK  tonight  but  will  have  to  improve  against  the  elite  teams.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Kind of diappointed we didn't see Vereen or Ridley. BJGE didn't do much. 

Would rather see more of a RBBC thing. I love Woodhead but, he had double the carries of BJGE. Can he endure 14-20 carries per game all year? Let's see the rooks out there. I really expected to see some kind of a running game with at least one of them getting some carries. 

A Hern and Gronk along with Welker were great. Haynesworth didn't look too bad and was in the mix more than a few times. 

Brady seems to look to Slater more than Johnson. In fact, I suspect Johnson is still a bit lost out on the field with this team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

The defense is going to get hammered by some for the yards and points allowed, but you have to hand it to Henne tonight. He hung in there, took some shots and delivered some excellent passes as he was getting drilled. He also made some very instinctive and nice runs. The Pats had three or four sacks but could have had 8 or 9 given a split second longer on some of those plays.

Lots to work on, but they were very tight against the run, which was good to see, and quite stout on 3rd downs (not so much on 4th downs). They also had two nice stops inside their own 5 when they had to have them.

They need Cunningham and Spikes back healthy, however, to complete the entire picture of what the D could look like 8 weeks from now.

Solid effort by Dowling, too. Very good for a rookie. I thought Chung was all over the field tonight, too.

Oh, and Bill O'Brien has already pi$$ed me off about a dozen times and it's only Game 1. They should have closed out the game much, much sooner, but he kept calling pass plays---it drove me insane. The run/pass balance simply is not there, and that's one of the main reasons why they've lost their last three post-season games.

That has to change, period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Brady was in god mode. Defense was ok. I don't think they run enough. It doesn't matter now but it will down the road. Double tight end set is unstoppable basically.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Brady was in god mode. Defense was ok. I don't think they run enough. It doesn't matter now but it will down the road. Double tight end set is unstoppable basically.
    Posted by tompenny

i agree on your comment re the run.

i believe the d will get better. front 7 will even get better. i thought wilfork was a tad fat. he'll be back to form in a couple of weeks. by week 5, he and vw will destroy OLs. just in time for the jets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

Don't be fooled by the score, Dolphins was 2/14 on 3rd down, the inside pressures were there, like what I saw, that's an improvement imo from last year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

Don't be fooled by the score, Dolphins was 2/14 on 3rd down, the inside pressures were there, like what I saw, that's an improvement imo from last year
    Posted by dodie2g

THank you!

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts