Patriots vs Eagles 1 on 1 drills

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Patriots vs Eagles 1 on 1 drills

Patriots DB's vs Eagles WR's

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Live_Action_WRs_vs_Pats_DBs/55dbd380-7bd8-4ca0-990e-c89e83e14b83

and

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/WRs_Take_On_Patriots_DBs/5d84f084-00eb-44d4-a17d-d08634e9c872

Patriots WR's vs Eagles DB's

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/DBs-Square-Off-vs-Patriots-WRs/6e5f12fd-810b-4c9a-85a4-464acd5a46b9

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Patriots vs Eagles 1 on 1 drills

I posted those before watching them.

Now that I have watched them here is what I seen..

Thompkins looks good, really good.  Check out the 1:50 mark, awesome!  I can now see why there has been so much talk about him the last week.

Dobson also looks good.  And Amendolla made chung look silly.   Don't count Boyce out, he might be flying under the radar right now to everyone except the coaches.  His play at the 2:42 mark was nice.

Not sure how I feel about Edelman.  Haven't heard a lot about him, wasn't very impressed with his routes in the video and he just doesn't seem to have the strength to be very physical with the bigger guys.  Welker seemed stronger or just didn't allow himself to get tangled up with the defenders, Edelmann needs to be watching film on Welker.  I think the only thing that can possibly save him is that he returns punts.  And still I'm not sure he sees as much WR time as a lot of people thinks he might.

Top 3 from this video Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola.

Brady looked really good, all except his last pass.

These 1 on 1 drills are tough on the DB's so that needs to be taken into consideration for both teams.

I didn't like how Arrington looked.  Continues to get beat and his ball awareness just seems to be lacking.  Cole who I haven't really cared for in the past looked pretty good in the video, I was surprised.  Justin Green and Brandon Jones had some pretty nice plays.  Dennard had a standout play and one where he got burned.  I couldn't tell which DB it was but one of them knocked the ball out of the WR's hands to save a td.  Talib didn't stand out as much as I was expecting.

Again, these 1 on 1 drills are hard to judge the DB's on, gotta keep that in mind.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Nice touch after at the end of the last video with the Pats receivers going over and giving hadn slaps to the Eagles DBs - keeping it friendly.

That is an impossible drill for the DBs.

On the last Edelman play - I think that might well have drawn a flag in a live game - but you are right. Not all that surprising given the fact this was what his third or fourth practice - must still be getting his legs under him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Thanks for posting awesome footage.

It will be inetresting to see how the 3 rooks react their first live action Friday night. It would be nice to see Brady get at least 3 or 4 drives with them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I had to watch these again, they are pretty cool videos.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

^ None of this can be true, Belichick can't draft wide receivers or corners... lol!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Brady is so god d*mn methodical and precise.  It's truly an art.

How about that one-handed (Left-handed) grab by Dobson?  Kid is a stud.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just a side note and observation,  Salas who was released by the Pats and signed with the Eagles looked pretty good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Dobson makes those one handed catches and looks like a frog sticking his tounge out to grab a fly...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Just a side note and observation,  Salas who was released by the Pats and signed with the Eagles looked pretty good.

I don't think he was released. They tried to keep him on the PS last year and Philly nabbed him.

He looked decent. Nothing great.   Like I said, the advantage in that drill is heavily in favor of the QB and WRs.  You're playing man coverage with no Safety help, no LBs underneath, nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, the Ballard type steal by Philly.

Yes, concerning Boyce from your previous post, I agree and I mentioned it in my post that I think Boyce is really flying under the radar with everyone except the coaches.  His play at the 2:42 mark was very nice. He could very easily play the Z receiver plus he can run the full route tree.  Bad news for Edelman.  Oh, and he can return kicks too. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Rusty, Harmon wasn't participating in those 1-on-1 drills. That was CB: Brandon Jones.

#41 is the rookie, Justin Green from Illinois.

As others have said, this drills favors the WRs. This is nearly impossible for a DB, as there's no pass-rush, no other coverages out there... if your WRs aren't winning 90-95% of the time, something is wrong. 

Let's go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jay Glazer         @JayGlazer

Look camp practices everyone is optimistic but I'm telling y'all Brady was just ridiculous. Don't get to see things like that too often

3:27 PM - 7 Aug 2013

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Rusty, Harmon wasn't participating in those 1-on-1 drills. That was CB: Brandon Jones.

#41 is the rookie, Justin Green from Illinois.

As others have said, this drills favors the WRs. This is nearly impossible for a DB, as there's no pass-rush, no other coverages out there... if your WRs aren't winning 90-95% of the time, something is wrong. 

Let's go Pats!

The drills are fun to watch but we need to keep it in perspective. It's not a game, there was no real jamming at the line, no pass rush and no safety help. It is nothing more than a 1 on 1 drill where the QB puts it up and WR brings it down. What does it really say about our team.. other than that Brady can throw and the WR's can catch?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Nice thread tfb12!

The receivers struggled in this very same drill the day I went to camp last week, it's good to see they look much better. I think Boyce is going to really be something in this offense because of his ability to line up anywhere and get open - the day I watched him he looked as natural playing the slot as he did running deep. Thompkins continues to look good and Dobson should help this offense right away. I actually thought Edelman looked pretty good in those drills.

I will say it is next to impossible for the corner to win in this drill, there's too much room, time and no safety help to bail them out. So I wasn't just considering it a win whenever they caught a ball, I was more looking for separation (which some of them got).

The Patriots put their training camp practices on the big screen in Patriot Place while it's going on - it looks similar to this.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Great links, TFB. Awesome to actually see them in action.

My thoughts:

1) Excellent hands by all WR's.

2) Boyce looks good in the slot and out wide.

3) Dobson is Gronk-like with his catch radius. He'll catch anything near him. Look out red zone.

4) Eddleman could be in trouble.

Here's another video of the Pats DT's vs Eagles OL.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Battles-Going-On-In-Trenches/394cbfd4-514a-42af-8819-3d76b21304af

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Great links, TFB. Awesome to actually see them in action.

My thoughts:

1) Excellent hands by all WR's.

2) Boyce looks good in the slot and out wide.

3) Dobson is Gronk-like with his catch radius. He'll catch anything near him. Look out red zone.

4) Eddleman could be in trouble.

Here's another video of the Pats DT's vs Eagles OL.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Battles-Going-On-In-Trenches/394cbfd4-514a-42af-8819-3d76b21304af

Cool, thanks for posting.  I love watching these 1 on 1's.  Would have liked to see Wilfork and Kelly.

Sections
Shortcuts