Re: Patriots vs Giants Game thread

played demps just long enough to get nicked up

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Bolden may also have played his self onto the PS in these last two games

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Patriots vs Giants Game thread:

wow it is real difficult to post from my phone. Pats Eng, i think ur way off on Cunningham. i think he makes this team. he leads us in sacs and qb hits in this preseason.

I'm going to have to question that.

Cunningham

game 1 - 0 sacks 0 pressures
    game 2 - 0 sacks 3 hits
    game 3 - 0 sacks 
    game 4 - 2 sacks

I know Scott has had at least 2 sacks and Jones in his limited play has had more pressures then Cunningham. Cunningham has also played more snaps then any of the starters. As I said tonights game and the Phi game was the only ones he showed up for the other 2 he was non-existent. Not exactly a very consistent player. You take away tonights game and his numbers are average. But tonights game might hav earned him a spot. That's why I said he'll either be last cut or lat on the team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

hope that demps is okay, didn't look like a knee, more like a hamstring...  we may never know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

look lke he twisted something but it's always a good sign when they gingerly limp off unassisted. Usually a sign that they know what it is and know how to work out of it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Hoyer is looking like a man watching his future slip away...His roster spot is more valuble than what he has to give...

I still think Hoyers pocket awareness and decision makeing are behind Mallott. At this point 4 years into the system,there isn't much more he can do. On the other hand Mallott shows improvement each time we se him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Classic ending

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]

Hoyer is looking like a man watching his future slip away...His roster spot is more valuble than what he has to give...

I still think Hoyers pocket awareness and decision makeing are behind Mallott. At this point 4 years into the system,there isn't much more he can do. On the other hand Mallott shows improvement each time we se him.

cooked

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

wow it is real difficult to post from my phone. Pats Eng, i think ur way off on Cunningham. i think he makes this team. he leads us in sacs and qb hits in this preseason.

I'm going to have to question that.

Cunningham

game 1 - 0 sacks 0 pressures
    game 2 - 0 sacks 3 hits
    game 3 - 0 sacks 
    game 4 - 2 sacks

I know Scott has had at least 2 sacks and Jones in his limited play has had more pressures then Cunningham. Cunningham has also played more snaps then any of the starters. As I said tonights game and the Phi game was the only ones he showed up for the other 2 he was non-existent. Not exactly a very consistent player. You take away tonights game and his numbers are average. But tonights game might hav earned him a spot. That's why I said he'll either be last cut or lat on the team

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

ESPN Boston saying they were looking a Demps Knee on the sidelines.......damn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

3 hits and 2 sacks equal 5 pressures no? you think Jones hd more? Didnt JC sack the back up in the TB game? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

not cool. hope he's okay

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Looked like the defender fell on Kemp's knee.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Dammit!! I was screaming at the TV for Demps just to fall down...and, sure enough! Damn!! He's likely done for the year...means Danny Woodhead can breathe easy.

I realize that this is just an exhibition game, but I'm sick and tired of seeing the Pats lose to the Giants. They really seem to have their number.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

3 hits and 2 sacks equal 5 pressures no? you think Jones hd more? Didnt JC sack the back up in the TB game? 

I got my numbers from NFL.com so the numbers are the numbers. You take away tonights game and Cunninghams numbers were average essentially consisting of only 3 QB hits against Phi. Don't forget Jones had 4 hits that first preseason game himself and with Scott having the 2 sacks it would be interesting to see how many hits he had too and nether had as many snaps as Cunningham during the preseason

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Patriots 5th quarter keeps saying no one got hurt, so I'm guessing they have word that Demps knee isn't a serious injury

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Patriots 5th quarter keeps saying no one got hurt, so I'm guessing they have word that Demps knee isn't a serious injury

lets hope so. even though this is bad it's at least a good sign that he was able to limp off the field. hopefully we find out soon,  maybe a sprain.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

demps back in locker room talking to reporters.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

I got my numbers from NFL.com so the numbers are the numbers. You take away tonights game and Cunninghams numbers were average essentially consisting of only 3 QB hits against Phi. Don't forget Jones had 4 hits that first preseason game himself and with Scott having the 2 sacks it would be interesting to see how many hits he had too and nether had as many snaps as Cunningham during the preseason

[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting the hits stat?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting the hits stat?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah and didn't Jones also draw 2 holding penalties in that first game as well? He didn't play many minutes during the pre season but certainly made an impact when he was out there. Looks like we've found our long sought after pass rusher. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

demps back in locker room talking to reporters.

It looked really bad when Demps got his knee rolled on, and I feared the worst. But, apparently, his injury was not serious:

"Tight end Alex Silvestro and running back Jeff Demps were both spotted in the tunnel post-game, walking with a member of the team's training staff, apparently to an x-ray area. Upon returning to the locker room, Demps briefly spoke to reporters, saying he was OK.":
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4728373/notes-from-post-game-locker-room

Close call for the kid. Glad he's okay. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't have too great an opinion of how the scrubs played against other scrubs, but I'm impressed with how the Patriots handled Eli Manning tonight. 

In the 4 drives where anyone named Manning took the helm for the Giants, the unknown Patriots defense (no sign of Wilfork or Chandler Jones tonight, for starters) gave up zero points and one first down.  Nice warmup for that regular season, Eli.  Or, perhaps the Patriots first string defense is ready to rip next week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't have too great an opinion of how the scrubs played against other scrubs, but I'm impressed with how the Patriots handled Eli Manning tonight. 

In the 4 drives where anyone named Manning took the helm for the Giants, the unknown Patriots defense (no sign of Wilfork or Chandler Jones tonight, for starters) gave up zero points and one first down.  Nice warmup for that regular season, Eli.  Or, perhaps the Patriots first string defense is ready to rip next week.

Hey, the edit button is gone!  They want our typos and poorly phrased words to hang around forever. 

I'm looking at the box score.  I see no Wilfork and no Chandler Jones mentions.  They might have played more than zero plays but as far as the box score goes they took the night off.