Patriots vs Giants Game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Re: Patriots vs Giants Game thread

Seems Woodhead hasn't seen much preseason game time action. Do you think this means he's a lock?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to Patriots vs Giants Game thread:
    [QUOTE]

I don't have too great an opinion of how the scrubs played against other scrubs, but I'm impressed with how the Patriots handled Eli Manning tonight. 

In the 4 drives where anyone named Manning took the helm for the Giants, the unknown Patriots defense (no sign of Wilfork or Chandler Jones tonight, for starters) gave up zero points and one first down.  Nice warmup for that regular season, Eli.  Or, perhaps the Patriots first string defense is ready to rip next week.

Hey, the edit button is gone!  They want our typos and poorly phrased words to hang around forever. 

I'm looking at the box score.  I see no Wilfork and no Chandler Jones mentions.  They might have played more than zero plays but as far as the box score goes they took the night off.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the backups on defense played very well against the Giants starters who were in for most of the first half. None of the starters played for the Patriots. It's just pre season but we have good reason to  feel optomistic about the defense going into the season. The safety position looks improved a lot from last year, 2nd unit with ebner and tavon wilson played very well. Brace, Francis, and all of the D played very well. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Seems Woodhead hasn't seen much preseason game time action. Do you think this means he's a lock?

I wondered that too expertmike. He didn't play much at all in the pre season, it didn't look like he was in a battle for a spot. Maybe they already know what they have in Woodhead and didn't need to see him. With Demps getting nicked up that probably helps his chance to secure a roster spot. My guess is that he stays. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

wow it is real difficult to post from my phone. Pats Eng, i think ur way off on Cunningham. i think he makes this team. he leads us in sacs and qb hits in this preseason.

I'm going to have to question that.

Cunningham

game 1 - 0 sacks 0 pressures
    game 2 - 0 sacks 3 hits
    game 3 - 0 sacks 
    game 4 - 2 sacks

I know Scott has had at least 2 sacks and Jones in his limited play has had more pressures then Cunningham. Cunningham has also played more snaps then any of the starters. As I said tonights game and the Phi game was the only ones he showed up for the other 2 he was non-existent. Not exactly a very consistent player. You take away tonights game and his numbers are average. But tonights game might hav earned him a spot. That's why I said he'll either be last cut or lat on the team

[/QUOTE]

i think they are not ready to give up on cunningham

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

ESPN Boston saying they were looking a Demps Knee on the sidelines.......damn.

Dammit!! I was screaming at the TV for Demps just to fall down...and, sure enough! Damn!! He's likely done for the year...means Danny Woodhead can breathe easy.

I realize that this is just an exhibition game, but I'm sick and tired of seeing the Pats lose to the Giants. They really seem to have their number.

[/QUOTE]

do you know what a hyper extended knee is? ever had one?
    till we know what it is i wouldnt assume a season ending injury

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't have too great an opinion of how the scrubs played against other scrubs, but I'm impressed with how the Patriots handled Eli Manning tonight. 

In the 4 drives where anyone named Manning took the helm for the Giants, the unknown Patriots defense (no sign of Wilfork or Chandler Jones tonight, for starters) gave up zero points and one first down.  Nice warmup for that regular season, Eli.  Or, perhaps the Patriots first string defense is ready to rip next week.

Hey, the edit button is gone!  They want our typos and poorly phrased words to hang around forever. 

I'm looking at the box score.  I see no Wilfork and no Chandler Jones mentions.  They might have played more than zero plays but as far as the box score goes they took the night off.

[/QUOTE]

yeah i was pointing that out esrlier today too. hope someone can get their attn to fix that.
    also the search funtion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dammit!! I was screaming at the TV for Demps just to fall down...and, sure enough! Damn!! He's likely done for the year...means Danny Woodhead can breathe easy.

I realize that this is just an exhibition game, but I'm sick and tired of seeing the Pats lose to the Giants. They really seem to have their number.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think texas wrote that before he had his xray. He probably was just guessing after seeing Demps limp off of the field.  Either way we're all relieved, I know its part of football but I think they need to use Demps with caution, hes an awesome talent but his size puts him at more risk for injury than most players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think texas wrote that before he had his xray. He probably was just guessing after seeing Demps limp off of the field.  Either way we're all relieved, I know its part of football but I think they need to use Demps with caution, hes an awesome talent but his size puts him at more risk for injury than most players.

[/QUOTE]

sporter this is indeed what i said when i gave a review of demps when it was reported he might go to the nfl

re tp's comments my comment before i heard of teh xray report was dont assume teh worst

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

nice to have another Cunningham on the team, makes me think of Sam Bam!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's like this thread is Blue and stickey 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tcal2 comment:

It's like this thread is Blue and stickey 

LOL...amen, brother. This thread is no longer relevant. Time to let it free-fall.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

But it wont... :(

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

This thread shows why there should not be any threads stickied. Sorry TFB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Since this thread is pinned ttt, can you please make it that wonderful bright red?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

I know it was just preseason but maybe there was something to the Pats second team D shutting down the Giants first team offense. Giants O didnt look to impressive last night either. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Is this site working?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

HEY MODS get rid of the thread!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Is This Forever,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

My apologies for starting another thread I did not look far enough down with the discussions

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Why is this thread still alive?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

WOW!

This

Thread

Is

Still

Pinned

to

The