Patriots vs Giants game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Patriots vs Giants game thread

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In this a yawner, the important thing is...no injuries...other than to reserve LB Morris. Looks like he has suffered a serious knee injury. Boyce is a goner. White does not impress, either. Great to see Dobson contribute! 

Couldn't agree more.  In these games, injuries are the only stat that matters.  Thought Morris might make the P.S.  Oh well.  Yeah, Boyce is gone.  He made BB's decision to cut him really easy.  Dobson looks good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Eli looked great. 

But, but I'm a good poster!

Remember Tyler Sash!  Rinngggg ringgggg

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10930324

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Keep finch, cut Boyce and white. I think we can get good receiving, rushing and return ability in 1 player (finch), than say keep 2 (Boyce and white). Any takers? 

Going out on a limb here, but I like tyms over thompkins. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Missed the game tonight.  What did we see on that interior O line?  Any ideas about who might be starting?

Cannon at guard,though he didn't play tonight, the Gunts ones played against the Pats twos and threes to start the first half.  

Kline and Halapio played well, got push though Kline got burned pass blocking late.  Barker isn't good, Devey back to the practice squad or cut, and Fleming while huge did not shine for the OL.

Thompkins is consistently good, Dobson was the Patriots best player tonight, the tightend they just traded for already knows the playbook even if he's an oversized WR, Boyce doesn't know the playbook and is lost.

Gyro was good though his young receivers didn't do a lot, he needs to work on his touch to shorter receivers, he overthrew Gallon and the short guys.  But overall he played well.

White is going to make this roster but he is Vereen's back up and most definitely a third down back.  In a perfect World Finch might take his roster spot because he plays with abandon, White plays not to get hurt.

Maneri is learning the playbook though I'm not sure he's done enough to stick.

On defense Bearnhaus is our fourth best linebacker inside, Morris is also solid, Concordia States Moore is solid as a third down tackle but less so at end.  Buchanon was solid, Ebner was a machine at SS, Tavon Wilson made plays, Bequette played well, the other Samoan D Tackle played ok, Browner and Malcom Butler played well yet again...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Missed the game tonight.  What did we see on that interior O line?  Any ideas about who might be starting?

Cannon at guard,though he didn't play tonight, the Gunts ones played against the Pats twos and threes to start the first half.  

Kline and Halapio played well, got push though Kline got burned pass blocking late.  Barker isn't good, Devey back to the practice squad or cut, and Fleming while huge did not shine for the OL.

Thompkins is consistently good, Dobson was the Patriots best player tonight, the tightend they just traded for already knows the playbook even if he's an oversized WR, Boyce doesn't know the playbook and is lost.

Gyro was good though his young receivers didn't do a lot, he needs to work on his touch to shorter receivers, he overthrew Gallon and the short guys.  But overall he played well.

White is going to make this roster but he is Vereen's back up and most definitely a third down back.  In a perfect World Finch might take his roster spot because he plays with abandon, White plays not to get hurt.

On defense Bearnhaus is our fourth best linebacker inside, Morris is also solid, Concordia States Moore is solid as a third down tackle but less so at end.  Buchanon was solid, Ebner was a machine at SS, Tavon Wilson made plays, Bequette played well, the other Samoan D Tackle played ok, Browner and Malcom Butler played well yet again...

well Wozzy-doodle don't matter who the Giants put out there against the Pats they beat them anyway

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to Homecheese's comment:

White look like the kid who always got caught while playing flashlight tag, Boyce looks like the kid who would climb up on the roof and wouldn't be seen for the entire night

that was mostly a terrible game...awful

That's 'cause it wasn't a game, it was a beauty contest. It was intended to help get the organizations down to the last 53 (plus 10). On the Patriots side, the exceptions were Jimmy G, Dobson and Browner, for whom this was simply more time in the field. The rest were fighting for their jobs. Not a game for which you wanted to shell out money as a fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Thanks Wozzy.  Reassuring to hear Kline and Halapio played well. While I think the Mankins trade makes sense, it does make me nervous, especially its possible effect on the run game.  

Good to hear Wright was able to step in and contribute and that Dobson looked good after sitting out so long.  Boyce has been looking like a bust to me and Thompkins, whatever people say about his skills, just makes plays.  I feel a lot better about the receivers now than I did at the beginning of camp. 

Sounds like the back-ups on defense played pretty well too.  That's good to hear.  I'm very confident in the starters, but have been wondering about depth in the front seven.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I am not at all impressed with White and I'm disappointed in Boyce.  Were it my decision (and it ain't) they'd both go.  I'd keep Finch.  The Tyms/Thompkins decision, if it comes to that, looks like a tough call to me.  Like what I saw from Wright; another weapon.

Thought Kline pretty much held his own. Jimmy G continues to give every indication he's got the goods to be a successful NFL QB.

I will be very interested to see how this secondary shakes out.  Lots of decisions for BB and company to make back there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

well Wozzy-doodle don't matter who the Giants put out there against the Pats they beat them anyway

If only preseason counted you might achieve double digit wins this year.  

And only you would be proud that your team is so dire in need of continuity that Eli and the starters played against our third string QB and scrubs yet only won by a field goal.  The starters vs our backups went into the bald tied...  Low expectations I guess?  

Preseason is practice, bring on the regular season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Boyce should be a slot guy, don`t cut him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

And only you would be proud that your team is so dire in need of continuity that Eli and the starters played against our third string QB and scrubs yet only won by a field goal.  The starters vs our backups went into the bald tied...  Low expectations I guess?  

went into the bald? I am unfamiliar with that term

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

who said I was proud? I don't care about preseason or winning the game - YOU called my team a derogatory name and I responded

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

In response to Homecheese's comment:

White look like the kid who always got caught while playing flashlight tag, Boyce looks like the kid who would climb up on the roof and wouldn't be seen for the entire night

that was mostly a terrible game...awful

That's 'cause it wasn't a game, it was a beauty contest. It was intended to help get the organizations down to the last 53 (plus 10). On the Patriots side, the exceptions were Jimmy G, Dobson and Browner, for whom this was simply more time in the field. The rest were fighting for their jobs. Not a game for which you wanted to shell out money as a fan.

yes agree...no injuries and final roster spots is the goal plus maybe a little work for the starters...or in Tom Brady's case his audition for the holding job! Haha

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Feel free to start another prediction thread, we can always use some more comic relief around here?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Feel free to start another prediction thread, we can always use some more comic relief around here?

into the bald?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You're really hanging on an error by my phone's spell check... anything to avoid talking about your team I guess?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You're really hanging on an error by my phone's spell check... anything to avoid talking about your team I guess?

[object HTMLDivElement]

your getting a ticket. You said something about his team and he responded

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yup, I can hear those ringgggg, ringgggg's coming. Heard he got a brand new shiny bike. It was a reward bestowed upon him by dad for his extra good job of leave raking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yup, I can hear those ringgggg, ringgggg's coming. Heard he got a brand new shiny bike. It was a reward bestowed upon him by dad for his extra good job of leave raking.

[object HTMLDivElement]

fire island this weekend baby.  Talk about a lucky fella. Lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lol. You guys always make me chuckle with these comments.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lol. You guys always make me chuckle with these comments.

they are lovers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If Mallet isn't playing it might be a stipulation in a potential trade so Brady has to play special teams?

This sounds pretty smart...

Sections
Shortcuts