Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread.

I know it's rather early to be creating a game thread, but why not?

I have an anxious energy about the game, as I did when the Bengals game was approaching. For some odd reason though, I completely calmed down once I flipped on CBS, and saw all the pregame stuff a few minutes before the start. Hopefully I'll get the same infusion of confidence before tomorrow's game.

I can see it right now:

The Jets send heat, it's well picked up by the line, and Brady delivers a strike to.... well, anyone! We have so many weapons. I just love our offense, and I fully expect us to be able to have success with all of the weapons we have, and since it appears that Belichick has figured out the Jets defense.

As for our defense, I expect success there too. Our pass-rush looked very good last week, and our secondary looks to be set for years to come. I expect us to stop the run, and then in passing situations, I think that we'll disguise our coverages and force Sanchez to make tough throws.

Even though I'm very nervous/anxious, I fully expect us to come out of tomorrow's game at 2-0.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread.

I have one fear.  I fear that Sanchez gets benched during the game and Brunell tears us apart.  Now I know that sounds ridiculous, but the Pats sometimes make backup QB's look like all-pros.  I assume that since we are such a heavy game planning team, when we face a QB we haven't planned for, we don't do as well.  So I could see Sanchez stinking up the joint, getting benched, and then seeing Brunell play like an all pro.

Nah, would never happen. Right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't think Ryan would replace The Sanchize unless he really imploded right out of the gate, but I certainly do expect Belichcik to sell out trying to confuse him with multiple looks. Brunell might be less susceptible to that kind of gamesmanship . . .   or he might not. Carson Palmer certainly didn't seem very well prepared.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Only 16 hours to go!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread.:
    I don't think Ryan would replace The Sanchize unless he really imploded right out of the gate, but I certainly do expect Belichcik to sell out trying to confuse him with multiple looks. Brunell might be less susceptible to that kind of gamesmanship . . .   or he might not. Carson Palmer certainly didn't seem very well prepared.
    Posted by p-mike

I hear you.  My comment stemmed from a conversation with a friend earlier in the day.  We were laughing about how backup QB's have looked good against us in the past, and how ticked we'd be if Ryan got benched, and Brunell joins the list of backup QB's made to look like all pros by us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Didn't Seneca Wallace light up the Pats one year?

That had to have been during the Matt Cassel era.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Didn't Seneca Wallace light up the Pats one year? That had to have been during the Matt Cassel era.
    Posted by p-mike

Yup, it was his career high passer rating.  About the only time I don't fear facing the backup more than the starter is when the starter is Brees, Manning, or a top QB.  Just don't know why backups do so well against us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is really funny. My brother and I talk often about how back up QB's AND Rbs usually kill our defense. We've always said it speaks volumes about BB's game planning against a specific players skill sets. We just spoke last night about the wild card of this game being if Sanchez gets hurt early and Brunnel comes in. Suddenly the Jets have a legitimate down field threat which would hurt our run contain. Anyway what are you people doing up this late thinking about the game tomorrow? Oh wait.....what am I doing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

pats gonna pwn some hoes tomorrow 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread.:
    I know it's rather early to be creating a game thread, but why not? I have an anxious energy about the game, as I did when the Bengals game was approaching. For some odd reason though, I completely calmed down once I flipped on CBS, and saw all the pregame stuff a few minutes before the start. Hopefully I'll get the same infusion of confidence before tomorrow's game. I can see it right now: The Jets send heat, it's well picked up by the line, and Brady delivers a strike to.... well, anyone! We have so many weapons. I just love our offense, and I fully expect us to be able to have success with all of the weapons we have, and since it appears that Belichick has figured out the Jets defense. As for our defense, I expect success there too. Our pass-rush looked very good last week, and our secondary looks to be set for years to come. I expect us to stop the run, and then in passing situations, I think that we'll disguise our coverages and force Sanchez to make tough throws. Even though I'm very nervous/anxious, I fully expect us to come out of tomorrow's game at 2-0.
    Posted by vertigho

If it's not too early to start drinking for the game then it's not too early to start a game thread.And, It's never too early to start drinking for a game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The only question I have is if we win the coin toss to we accept or defer?  Otherwise 45-10 Patriots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread.:
    I know it's rather early to be creating a game thread, but why not? I have an anxious energy about the game, as I did when the Bengals game was approaching. For some odd reason though, I completely calmed down once I flipped on CBS, and saw all the pregame stuff a few minutes before the start. Hopefully I'll get the same infusion of confidence before tomorrow's game. I can see it right now: The Jets send heat, it's well picked up by the line, and Brady delivers a strike to.... well, anyone! We have so many weapons. I just love our offense, and I fully expect us to be able to have success with all of the weapons we have, and since it appears that Belichick has figured out the Jets defense. As for our defense, I expect success there too. Our pass-rush looked very good last week, and our secondary looks to be set for years to come. I expect us to stop the run, and then in passing situations, I think that we'll disguise our coverages and force Sanchez to make tough throws. Even though I'm very nervous/anxious, I fully expect us to come out of tomorrow's game at 2-0.
    Posted by vertigho

Yes, it is early to start a game thread, but it's also VERY tempting to have your name next to a thread with HUNDREDS of posts. Congrats on being the first!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

If it's not too early to start drinking for the game then it's not too early to start a game thread.And, It's never too early to start drinking for a game.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Please drink responsibly. lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Carson Palmer>>> 34 comp. 50 atts. 68% for 345 yards  2 tds 1 int

if this unprepared I'd hate to see him when he's really ready to play

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Please drink responsibly. lol
    Posted by digger0862

I'm ready..I haven't cracked one yet but I'm thirsty. I got a 12 pack of Bass on Ice and I hope I don't have to drink it all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Woke up way too early this morning. Probably going to fix my fantasy lineup, hit the gym and just go out till about 3. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread. : Yup, it was his career high passer rating.  About the only time I don't fear facing the backup more than the starter is when the starter is Brees, Manning, or a top QB.  Just don't know why backups do so well against us.
    Posted by carawaydj

Because we don't prepare the same way for that QB's strengths and abilities. For example, though old  in football years, Brunell can scramble and make something out of nothing. They may run out of different formations and sets that suite him better. BB would have make adjustments on the fly and he's shown to not be that adept in doing so. Hope Sanchez remains in the game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm ready..I haven't cracked one yet but I'm thirsty. I got a 12 pack of Bass on Ice and I hope I don't have to drink it all.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Good choice ewhite!

I hope so too!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Going into the woods in a minute to cut a truck load of firewood....good way to burn up some of that pregame energy.....nothing like smell of chainsaw in the morning...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Revis on Wes today on certain situations with Cromartie on Moss with safety help

Am I the only one right now thinking thats the nail in the coffin?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I think it is going to be a long day at the sports bar......Patriots play the same time as the Broncos so my sports bar will be back...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Good choice ewhite! I hope so too!
    Posted by digger0862

Nice, I'm a bourbon lover too when I go that way.
    I'm an Elizah Craig fan right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I think it's pretty well known, but if you don't get the game in your local broadcasting, it's available here:

(For ATDHE you need to click on live sports at the top first)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I think it's pretty well known, but if you don't get the game in your local broadcasting, it's available here: http://www.channelsurfing.net/ http://www.atdhe.net/ (For ATDHE you need to click on live sports at the top first)
    Posted by vertigho

I have used those before....it is the worst feeling when the games cut out....and the freezing is so annoying

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread. : I have used those before....it is the worst feeling when the games cut out....and the freezing is so annoying
    Posted by Rocky

Well, it's better than watching those silly 'gamecasts', where all you have are lines.

Sections
Shortcuts