Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread.

If you're going to b!tch about this loss and talk only about how we are done for the season, please just leave now. 1 loss does not a season make. Its not like were blown out 35-3, then we would have a problem.

Lack of adjustment was what hurt us in teh Second half. Half the blame has to go to Brady and Obrien, why keep testing Cromartie on streaks when the underneath was what was working? Dum play calling cost us this game.

On defense, Butler couldn't play worth jack.

All of this can and will be fixed. If you want, hop off the bandwagon and leave, we don't want you here. I for one am not seeing the "doom and gloom" you all are predicting. Its week 2 of a brand new Season, chill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'm just happy that O'whatever will have the opportunity to call another shitty game next week...Yah Hoo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from comasa83. Show comasa83's posts

No run game is going to kill this team.  BenJarvis Green-NoGain is Maroney without the one in ten chance of a big gain on the edge.  Alll we wil here tomorrow will be BB,Brady<Moss and the poor play of the DBs, all legitimate talking points, but there won't be anything about the run (or lack thereof).  If Faulk is hurt Even Buffalo's corners will lick their chops.  Play back and ignore the line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The Pats went from Jekyll to Hyde in these first two games.  Time to re-group. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

I thought our offensive line played really well today.  Brady had a lot of time to throw especially in the first half.  We need better play calling, and mix it up more.  It seems that we must try to get Moss involved all the time even if we are doing well with something else.  Moss needs to get his catches in the flow of the game, and we need to not try to get him the ball just because he doesn't feel wanted.  There is no I in TEAM.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread.:
    If you're going to b!tch about this loss and talk only about how we are done for the season, please just leave now. 1 loss does not a season make. Its not like were blown out 35-3, then we would have a problem. Lack of adjustment was what hurt us in teh Second half. Half the blame has to go to Brady and Obrien, why keep testing Cromartie on streaks when the underneath was what was working? Dum play calling cost us this game. On defense, Butler couldn't play worth jack. All of this can and will be fixed. If you want, hop off the bandwagon and leave, we don't want you here. I for one am not seeing the "doom and gloom" you all are predicting. Its week 2 of a brand new Season, chill.
    Posted by GadisRKO

Again, see 2009. They didn't fix this. Stop being such a Pollyanna. They need to fix it, but stop pretending they will when they demonstrated all last year that they couldn't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from comasa83. Show comasa83's posts

Ben-Jarvis Green NoGain - 10 carries 19 yards. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Something needs to be done about the playcalling we saw in the second half. How many times are you going to test cromartie on streaks? Bad play calling and decision making by Brady. Quick three and outs to go along with the INT's helped Sanchez look like he is probowler. Our D had no rest and our O wasn't helping.

I'll say this again, had we stuck to the gameplan we were using in the first half, we would have beaten the jests. But no, Revis is out so we throw to Moss over and over and over just to see the ball get picked, knocked down and fall incomplete with no adjustment. When we finally started going to other players, it was too late. Blame goes on the OC and Brady's decision making.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Too many long attempts.  When Revis waas done we should have dominated over the middle. O'b needs to go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Well.....lets look at the positives.

THERE ARE NO POSITIVES!

I guess we can give props to Hernandez, but the play calling was horrible and we don't have a run game at all. I don't think its the RB's fault either. We can't run block. I don't care if we had Chris Johnson in the backfield, we aren't going to get anywhere with the play calling and blocking. Period.

The Defense is very young. McCourty is going to be a solid player, but the other CB position is going to kill this defense. Zone defense isn't the way to go against someone who you have to force to make a play. Pass rushing, or lack thereof, just contributes to the poor CB play. Butler got beat like a red headed step child.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I see problems that can be fixed. Will they be fixed? As a true pats fan I say ABSOLUTELY YES.

Unlike many on here, I'm not completely down on my team after a bad game against the Best defense in the NFL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Wow, that was a good game for one half.  Not scoring any points on that first drive hurt a lot.  I agree that out defense is a work in progress, but lets face it, our offense was really bad today.  With all the personnel we have  and we only score 14 points.  We definitely need a new OC.  Play calling stinks.  How come no screen passes today ?  We were mixing up the run and pass pretty well on  the first two drives, and then someone got real stupid.  Moss needs to learn some other pass routes other than go long.  We got away from what worked, and paid the price.  BB outcoached again.  What happened to Fred Taylor?
    Posted by brazilnut

He is 34 years old, that is what happened to Fred Taylor and a lot of wear and tear.

Kevin Faulk is 33 years old with a lot of wear and tear.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I thought our offensive line played really well today.  Brady had a lot of time to throw especially in the first half.  We need better play calling, and mix it up more.  Posted by brazilnut

I agree - the O-line wa sgreat today which makes the loss even more annoying.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

What is with these second half offensive swoons on the road?  It is like the Red Sox in August. What happened to all our new weapons?  Tate didn't catch a pass until the very end.  Did Welker catch a pass in the second half? What about Edelman?

Brady had plenty of time to throw.  They let the crowd back in.  They had the whole off season to figure this out.  With our young D we can't afford too many three and outs. ARRRGGGGG!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I don't think the Jets are a great team like they were being touted, all biasness aside. If anything, we have to consider Miami as being the front runner.

Right now, we aren't a playoff team. Maybe playoff contenders, but certainly not playoff caliber. We need to make adjustments and get better. We definately have play makers on offense, but the defense needs more play makers. Although I thought Seymour loss some heart his last year in NE, we are definately a worse team without him. He usually commanded a double team and we miss that greatly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

I see problems that can be fixed. Will they be fixed? As a true pats fan I say ABSOLUTELY YES. Unlike many on here, Im not completly down on my team after a bad game against the Best defense in the nfl.
    Posted by GadisRKO

One of the very best defenses,  See STEELERS and RAVENS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I am so glad i recorded this game, that way i was able to fast foward to the obvious end and spare myself some pain.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

I don't think the Jets are a great team like they were being touted, all biasness aside. If anything, we have to consider Miami as being the front runner. Right now, we aren't a playoff team. Maybe playoff contenders, but certainly not playoff caliber. We need to make adjustments and get better. We definately have play makers on offense, but the defense needs more play makers. Although I thought Seymour loss some heart his last year in NE, we are definately a worse team without him. He usually commanded a double team and we miss that greatly.
    Posted by 4Adam13

Adjustments don't mean squat if you don't have the talent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread. : I agree - the O-line wa sgreat today which makes the loss even more annoying.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

The O line did great in pass protection. That has generally been a strength of a NE O line the last 10 years.

BUT, we got pushed around on run blocking. Say all you want about Taylor and Faulk being old, but what so many people don't see are the O line giving up penetration 2 yards in the backfield and holding their blocks. Face it, right now, the Jets D Line dominates our O Line in run schemes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

As it is, the only thing that could make me smile right now is the Colts losing. Even then, the smile won't last long.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I saw great protection by the line, Welker was getting open, Hernandez was a beast yet Brady decided he needed to Throw to Moss nonstop.

This hurts to say, mainly because I am a huge Randy Moss fan but throwing Bombs to Moss was the wrong way to approach the second half. Revis or no revis, it doesn't matter. you stick with what was working, and we had a lot of things going our way in the first half. Brady to Moss ruined our chances to win the game.

I'm betting O'brien had everything to do with this. He didn't realize Moss was struggling against Cromartie until it was too late.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Jets Game Thread. : Adjustments don't mean squat if you don't have the talent.
    Posted by Benkarkis

Hence what I said about the defense needing play makers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Guess the Jets figured out how to take Welker out of the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

As it is, the only thing that could make me smile right now is the Colts losing. Even then, the smile won't last long.
    Posted by 4Adam13

I despise both teams, but a Colts loss will remedy this pats defeat somewhat i guess. If the Colts lose to go 0-2, this weekend wont be as bad as it is now.

Sections
Shortcuts