Patriots vs Jets Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Re: Patriots vs Jets Game Thread

In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]If NE wins tonight, I could see them running the table through December. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Rusty,

I agree with that. Let's win first and then we can debate the schedule and it's toughness or lack thereof.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Rusty,

Not that I want to fuel your fire but Baltimore only has 1 run in the second half and they are losing bad. Too early to abandon the run. Especially when you have Ray Rice.

Lets hope the Pats do follow this game plan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]jeffphowe   Jeff Howe   Another interesting note, the Patriots will wear their home blue jerseys tonight.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Cool

Are they jests pretending to be the cowboys

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets Game Thread : Fire fueled. If it's factual, why can't you just admit it/say it v.s. acting like it doesn't exist?

It is factual. I am agreeing with you. I also think the D stinks and thats why we need to run the ball and help them out. 

There are three facets to a good football team. If the Pats get pass happy and special teams lose the field position battle our D can hold up.

I saw the stas for Flaco (39 attempts) and thought of your 400 posts about Bady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Pats 31  Jets 9  Ocho catches a few td passes. Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I agree the Patriots will win. But Ocho Stinko will not have a few TD passes.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

If the Pats just run the ball with affectiveness, like the last time we played the Jets, the offense will be jsut fine. This defense has shown the ability to stop the other team, its the 4th quarter that I will be worried about if we don't, at the least, have a 7 point lead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Post 401 on the topic: D doesn't stink. Again, not factual. "Stinks" is allowing 30+ points every week. People rave about Detroit's D and it's 37-6 Chicago over Detroit right now through 3. Our team only allowed 30+ points this year when Brady threw the game away with 4 INTS. The fact is, our D is under an insane amount of pressure do to a feast or famine style pass happy offense. As I type, Manning picked again, short fireld, TD for SF. Giants gave up 27 points so far. Is it really the Giants D or is it Eli Manning not helping his D? Kendall Hunter just ran it in. Gee, I sure would like for us to use Ridley.

Complimentary football. We are missing it lately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets Game Thread : I agree the Patriots will win. But Ocho Stinko will not have a few TD passes.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Are you denying the existence of infinite parrallel universes, in which even an infinite number of Colts fans typing at an infinite number of typewriters for infinite period of time can write the script for Coyote Ugly?

I, for one, expect Ocho to catch 85 TDs in this game (in another universe, of course).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]Post 401 on the topic: D doesn't stink. Again, not factual. "Stinks" is allowing 30+ points every week. People rave about Detroit's D and it's 37-6 Chicago over Detroit right now through 3. Our team only allowed 30+ points this year when Brady threw the game away with 4 INTS. The fact is, our D is under an insane amount of pressure do to a feast or famine style pass happy offense. As I type, Manning picked again, short fireld, TD for SF. Giants gave up 27 points so far. Is it really the Giants D or is it Eli Manning not helping his D? Kendall Hunter just ran it in. Gee, I sure would like for us to use Ridley.
    I agree, but he wasn't very affective last time against the Jets. Maybe we can work him in more in the short passing game where his elusiveness could be utilized more.

EDIT: did you just see that TD pass to Nicks!? Although that was 75 percent Nicks on that play.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

"stinks"
    What it means to me? When the D cant hold a lead and get off the field in a moment of truth. The rankings also tell us that the D stinks.

I think our D stinks right now. I like some of the pieces we have but the play calling is way to conservative for my liking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

balance

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets Game Thread : I am not really seeking out a subbed RB to get more carries. I, like you, like his upside, but I want BJGE to be a lead back. If he can't be (turf toe), use Ridley in his role.
    100%, BJGE is the most undervalued RB in the league who in reality, with this offense, should be posting an average close to 100 yards and a TD every game he is healthy.

I also think he shouldn't be subbed so much when he is really effective, once Woody comes in the defense tries to bullrush him and then just sit back on the short passing routes and suffocate our offense. It's not hard to understand that Woody's role on the offense isn't worth the obvious message it sends the opposing defenses. This is why I want Ridley to get worked into screen passes and dump offs, I am guessing he isn't picking up the blitz as well as BB would like.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]"stinks" What it means to me? When the D cant hold a lead and get off the field in a moment of truth. The rankings also tell us that the D stinks. I think our D stinks right now. I like some of the pieces we have but the play calling is way to conservative for my liking.
    Posted by thehub[/QUOTE]

I agree that they stunk in the early season, but they have been OK two of the last three games.  They just got tired from being on the field too often, too quickly and too long as the O has been faltering.  Same problem last year,  plus 2006, 2009 and  2007, although sometimes then it was because the O was scoring too easily.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]"stinks" What it means to me? When the D cant hold a lead and get off the field in a moment of truth. The rankings also tell us that the D stinks. I think our D stinks right now. I like some of the pieces we have but the play calling is way to conservative for my liking.
    Posted by thehub[/QUOTE]
    what about rankings besides yards allowed whch anyone can just throw out there an make a case for a bad defense, on paper. But this defense has given the Patriots plenty of time 
    to find a way to win, minus the PITT game(you know...which was on the road against a team that had to beat us sooner or later and who where also in the SB last year...they're a damn good team). Brady needs to find that swagger of last year and make sure he puts his team ahead, that's his job not the defense's.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Your are right about scoring too fast. That was an issue in the past.
    I think we can all agree.....balance will help out Brady on offence and the D will look better when they are not on the field all day like the Pitt game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets Game Thread : Yup. The mistsake is not letting Ridley loose when BJGE's turf toe has been there in recent weeks.  Whatever. It's water under the bridge now, but I think it's too conservative to not play a guy you can use JUST like BJGE. Ridley is more shifty in how he runs, but he's bigger than BJGE. Also, technically a better pass catcher. They may be concerned about his blocking, but it can't be that bad.  Think back to preseason Game 1 where he did it all.  Preseason, sure, it's still football.

Yes! Why wont BB play him?

25. This post has been removed.