Patriots vs Jets thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

Patriots vs Jets thoughts

I'm not to scared of the jets to tell you the truth. The just lost one of their main defensive players whos name escapes me right now. and even if moss gets shut down by revis we still have Gronkowski, Hernandez, Tate, Edelman and even Price who is suppose to fill in for Moss i guess. So with Moss being covered by revis Tom will have way to many other weapons that he can throw to. Only thing that scares me about this game is our O line and how good they will do against the jets blitz and Tomlinson who showed promise last week against a good rush D so if he can play at the same level against us i see him shredding our D line but i dont even see sanchez throwing for more than 150 and maybe one td. Overall i believe it will be close but we will win and show the league that the afc east is still owned by the Patriots and Tom Brady

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Patriots vs Jets thoughts

It won't be close in my opinion.  They have zero offense, and we are built to neutralize their blitz.  30 or so to 14.  If we can hang 60 on them, we will.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

only threat on there O right now that concerns me is tomlinson. just looked it up on nfl.com and he averaged 5.6 per rush on the ravens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Two potential dangers:

1. Green New Jersey controls the ball on the ground.

2. Brady spends all day running for his life.

Realistically:

Jests one-dimensional on offense and easily neutralized.

Pats have too many weapons on offense.

It will be no picnic, but Pats should win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

If the Pats don't turn over the ball and score  20 points there is no reason they should lose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

seems like we always split with the Jets.....so, I'm gonna say its gonna be close.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think we can put up at least 28 points on them. I hope if we have a big lead at half time we don't go soft in the second half.

we have to win road games this year and not get beat in the second half like all of last year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets thoughts:
    If the Pats don't turn over the ball and score  20 points there is no reason they should lose.
    Posted by tompenny

scoring 20 on them might be difficult

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from grammbo14. Show grammbo14's posts

The Pats blew them out the 2nd time they played them last season, I expect something similar to that again on Sunday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Jets are in for a world of hurt trying to defend the run and pass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The Pats blew them out the 2nd time they played them last season, I expect something similar to that again on Sunday.
    Posted by grammbo14

that was at home though. need to make a statement this weekend on the road and let all the teams we're visiting we're comimg to bust them

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Pats stop the run and we will win by 21.  Jets rush for 160 yards & control the clock then this game will be too close for comfort.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I think they spread the Jets wide and try to gash them. This will be a great test to see where the NE TE's are at. I think they cause matchup problems for the Jets. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Patriots 31-jets 13

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't know how anyone can realistically believe this game will be close,just because they are in the same division doesn't make them equals. The Patriots are clearly a better team. I don't like to predict these type of games because the one element that can't be accounted for, is the officiating. If this is just a game measured on the two opposing teams talent, the patriots should blow this team completely out of Giants stadium,but then comes the media and NFL faction into play and enter the mystery PI to help the hapless Jets or the multiple phoney baloney holding calls on big plays by the Patriots...Those are the only possible ways for the Jets to win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I think they spread the Jets wide and try to gash them. This will be a great test to see where the NE TE's are at. I think they cause matchup problems for the Jets. 
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

I don't know.  Better keep Brady clean or this could backfire.  Flacco didn't have much time and he's a lot more mobile than Brady.

This is NYJ's all-in game.  If the Pats can't stop the running game, they will be in a steel cage match and will have the disadvantage.  It's just like playing the Ravens.  Always uncomfortable and a hostile, noisy crowd.  This will be a first time experience for a lot of key young guys.  

If they can contain the run game and put at least a little pressure on Sanchez, they should be able to win.  Anybody thinks this is a blowout is crazy in my opinion.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets thoughts : I don't know.  Better keep Brady clean or this could backfire........If they can contain the run game and put at least a little pressure on Sanchez, they should be able to win.  Anybody thinks this is a blowout is crazy in my opinion.   
    Posted by Muzwell

The key to killing their offense is plugging the run and making sanchez throw the ball. And we'll be using speard offense so they can blitz if they want to, we are too stacked I don't think this will be a blowout, pats win by 7 but  just make sure brady comes out healthy, the way they knocked flacco around I don't wanna see that happening to brady.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets thoughts : I don't know.  Better keep Brady clean or this could backfire.  Flacco didn't have much time and he's a lot more mobile than Brady. This is NYJ's all-in game.  If the Pats can't stop the running game, they will be in a steel cage match and will have the disadvantage.  It's just like playing the Ravens.  Always uncomfortable and a hostile, noisy crowd.  This will be a first time experience for a lot of key young guys.   If they can contain the run game and put at least a little pressure on Sanchez, they should be able to win.  Anybody thinks this is a blowout is crazy in my opinion.   
    Posted by Muzwell
    I guess I'm certifiable because unless there is referee intervention this game should be a blowout in favor of the Patriots.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't think it will be a blowout. I just think going 5 wide will actually deter some of the crazy blitzes the Jets tend to do. They blitz on runs and passes. That little turd leonard is always near the line. So my point is take as many people away from the line so Brady at least can limit who does actually blitz. Throw quick, short passes to Welker, Edelman, Tate, and the TE's and see if the Jets can matchup.

I don't think the Pats will be able to run on the jets well, and I think doing play-action passes plays into the Jets hands too.

I agree that going 5 wide will lead to a good ## of QB hits, but I really do think it's the best game plan. I'm thinking a lot more passes like Welker's first TD more than letting Brady get whacked on a 3 step drop (like Flacco did on Monday). 

I can't wait for this game...

In Response to Re: Patriots vs Jets thoughts : I don't know.  Better keep Brady clean or this could backfire.  Flacco didn't have much time and he's a lot more mobile than Brady. This is NYJ's all-in game.  If the Pats can't stop the running game, they will be in a steel cage match and will have the disadvantage.  It's just like playing the Ravens.  Always uncomfortable and a hostile, noisy crowd.  This will be a first time experience for a lot of key young guys.   If they can contain the run game and put at least a little pressure on Sanchez, they should be able to win.  Anybody thinks this is a blowout is crazy in my opinion.   
    Posted by Muzwell

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

the blitz just scares me cause flacco never had much time and like someone already said on here flacco is more mobile than brady and also they ravens have a better o line than us to and a better defense that the run game still was decent at

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

We have two tall and athletic tigh-ends, Jets will have a problem with that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

the blitz just scares me cause flacco never had much time and like someone already said on here flacco is more mobile than brady and also they ravens have a better o line than us to and a better defense that the run game still was decent at
    Posted by patsfan1994

If the great Flacco didn't do well than Brady has no chance.  Brady is no Flacco.  Moss ain't nearly as good as Boldin, and Housh is way better than Welker.  Plus the Ravens have a movie star on their O-line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Posted by patsfan1994

Mobility isn't as important as being able to get the ball off quickly to the right outlet option.  Brady is one of the best at making fast (and good) decisions under pressure. 

(His receivers better be in the right places though!  Galloway hurt last year in the Meadowlands because he was never where he was supposed to be.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

The most important variable is that Flacco is not Brady. Brady is not dumb and wouldn't hold onto the ball as long as Flacco. Also, Brady is the MOST mobile quarterback in the pocket (where it matters). He's a master of finding that split second. Flacco doesn't stand out to me in that regard. I don't think I'm putting too much faith in Brady. Also, the Pats have MUCH better receivers at getting open quickly (there's no argument about that with Edelman, Welker, Tate, and the TE's). 

Posted by patsfan1994

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

What scares me the most is how the Pats will play on the road and with such a young group of guys on defense.

Doesnt anyone remember what an absolute train wreck the Pats were on the road last year??  Sign of young team is plays well at home, and poorly on the road.  I hope they can overcome that this year.

I think the only way the Pats loss this game is if they lose the game themselves (i.e turnovers, penalties, broken assignments, etc.)

Sections
Shortcuts