Patriots vs Pittsburgh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots vs Pittsburgh

Mayo, Vollmer with team in Pittsburgh

Linebacker Jerod Mayo and offensive lineman Sebastian Vollmer are with the Patriots in Pittsburgh, giving them a chance to suit up for Sunday's game against the Steelers. 

Both had been listed on the injury report as questionable, and the Patriots have reported no downgrades tonight. 

Mayo, one of the team's defensive captains, sprained his MCL against the Raiders on Oct. 2 and has missed the last two games. Vollmer, the team's starting right tackle, has missed five of the team's six games with a back injury, playing only in Week 2 against the Chargers. 

Safety Josh Barrett (thumb), running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis (toe) and defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth (back) were other Patriots players on the injury report. All are with the team in Pittsburgh. 

With linebacker Dane Fletcher (thumb) the only player ruled out, the Patriots will have to deactivate six others 90 minutes before kickoff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Patriots vs Pittsburgh

Ian R. Rapoport 
    RapSheet: Patriots downgrade safety Josh Barrett to out…

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter 
    Steelers downgraded wide receiver Hines Ward and linebacker James Farrior from question to out. Neither will play today vs. New England.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Glad the team is getting healthier, be nice to have them back

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jason La Canfora 
    Steelers without WR Hines Ward and LB James Farrior; both out. Steelers vulnerable at ILB, and I expect Brady to attack CB William Gay, too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I just hope our Offense is firing on all cylinders today because Pitt is going to score on us quite a bit.  Should be a high scoring afair all the way around. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Attacking William Gay would  be smart. He usually plays 10 yards off the receiver and he couldn't cover William 'The Refrigerator' Perry on a good day! Very tall order for the Steelers today. I heard one of the commentators asking, "Who owns the Steelers?" then he answered it himself, "Is it Dan Rooney? Nope! Tom Brady and the Patriots!" I can't even debate him because it's true. Not putting my own team down, just facing the facts!In Response to Re: Patriots vs Pittsburgh:
    JasonLaCanfora   Jason La Canfora   Steelers without WR Hines Ward and LB James Farrior; both out. Steelers vulnerable at ILB, and I expect Brady to attack CB William Gay, too
    Posted by Rocky

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss 
    The Patriots announce that events at Gillette Stadium today (e.g. Game with Greats) are canceled due to a power outage. Imagine if home game

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Always be wary of a wounded "dog"....  Pats fans shouldn't get too comfy with these Steelers out today.  Gives the backups a chance to show their mettle and they may surprise us!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

interesting to see how the pats o play pitt. in recent pass, the spread has been pretty effective against the steelers. that said, pitt d is 2nd against the pass and 12th against the run. 

but look at their games so far. with exception of jax, each team that pitt beat does not have a running game; and true to that, threw the ball more than 35 times. the two teams that beat them ran for 175 and 180 yards. 

of course those four teams that lost to them do not have tb, but i think the stats suggest that what we are seeing is a different pitt d, that has paid more attention to stopping the pass and is less focused on the run than in the past. in another thread, the attached article quoted the dc (can't spell his name) saying they will not give up the big plays (passes) and make the pats earn the yards the hard way.

i guess what they have not realize yet is that the pats now has the ground game to win the tough grinder. i'd say that the recent formula of keeping them spread out, but leaving bjge or ridley in the back will be the base. 

if the RBs can get > 5 yards a carry early, that just means pitt did not have the running game in their defensive plan. if they see that this could be another one of those games where their opponent will run on them for more than 150 yards, they will adjust, probably at the expense of defending the pass. tb will see that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Weather isn't too bad here. Got a little snow yesterday, but it's pretty much all melted. Perfect weather for 2 cold-weather teams.In Response to Re: Patriots vs Pittsburgh:
    Go Pats! Got nailed with snow up here, in Ct. Wonder how bad it is in Pittsburgh?
    Posted by bobbysu

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Patriots 35 - 17

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

The Pats best D can be there running game today.  With Pitts hurt up the middle, pound the ball up the middle and eat lots of clock.  Keep Pitt's O and NE's D on the sideline.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots 34-15

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I predict 34-13 Patriots. D comes up big again. Way too many weapons for the Steelers to handle!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mayo's active, I hope he's playing WLB and they keep Spikes up the middle. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

I think we are going to get another example of the folly of people comparing Ben Roethlisberger to Tom Brady - school will be in today

I actually have a little bit of optimism about the D today - I think Dallas is the better offensive team by far and the Pats did a pretty good job slowing them down - couple that with the Patriots historical edge on offense over the Steelers D - along with some long term dislike (TB especially) and you have the recipe for a potentially lop sided game favoring the Pats - especially if they get an early lead

I read a couple of posts saying that the Pats need to stay sharp even though the Steelers have some big injuries - no way do the Patriots show up flat at Pittsburgh - they'll be up for this game

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2011. Show mighty2011's posts

Pats win 49-0.  Next.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

James harrison and farrior are out !

Hope our secondary survives does a decent job today...

Need pressure up front!!

Sections
Shortcuts