Patriots vs Ravens Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots vs Ravens Game Thread

“@E_Scal:

It's already raining here in Baltimore, with potentially severe t-storms forecast throughout the day. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Re: Patriots vs Ravens Game Thread

In response to Rocky's comment:

“@E_Scal:

It's already raining here in Baltimore, with potentially severe t-storms forecast throughout the day. 

I guess we'll have to watch for a possible delay(s)--what's the mood like down there Rock? I am going on nothing more than a hunch that the Pats pull off a surprise road win today!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Foxborough ---> Baltimore

By New England Patriots · Updated 16 hours ago

Patriots travelled to Baltimore today for tomorrow's 4:25pm matchup. 

Game preview: http://bit.ly/1cJ8WNz

Broadcast info: http://bit.ly/1cJ8WNA

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152100554872372.1073741950.42693447371&type=1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

“@E_Scal:

I guess we'll have to watch for a possible delay(s)--what's the mood like down there Rock? I am going on nothing more than a hunch that the Pats pull off a surprise road win today!

I am in Denver....Overconfidence about Broncos... Hoping it is one and done!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

“@E_Scal:

I am in Denver....Overconfidence about Broncos... Hoping it is one and done!

Ha!!! Aren't they always? I have a bunch relatives who've been out there since the Lyle Alzado days and that's all I've ever heard (probably why I hated Elway so much lol)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Still scratching my head as to why this game got flexed. 

Is there another, more relevant game than this one?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to soups' comment:

Still scratching my head as to why this game got flexed. 

Is there another, more relevant game than this one?

It gives NBC more flexibility next week. Without the flex this week, they would not be able to flex an AFC matchup next week.

http://deadspin.com/why-the-nfl-flexed-bears-eagles-over-patriots-ravens-1481349720

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We really have no business winning this game today, Baltimore has won 4 games in a row, their young defense hasfigured things out, where we should be able to slow them is their offense. Flacco took a good shot to the knee last week and they have a terrible run game. 

I expect our defense to climb out of the gutter and make some plays today.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

[QUOTE]

“@E_Scal:

[/QUOTt

the defense is going to have to come up big if the patriots are to have any shot at this one. the patriots havent been able to  put up many points o n the road against tough defenses of late. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

“@E_Scal:

Yep.. it is mighty dark and cloudy out there.  I live south of Baltimore.  Just beat the rain by seconds when I went out for my run.  Temp was right around 70 a couple hours ago and now down to 65 here at my house.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

would you consider this game a measuring stick for the post season ?

When the schedule came out and saw at what point this game was being played and where it was being played my first thought that came to mind "measuring stick for playoffs" .  Now more than ever.

Go Pats !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots vs. Ravens Broadcast Information

Posted Dec 19, 2013

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-vs-Ravens-Broadcast-Information/52d7d500-6c4f-4f47-842b-642803ff09a6

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

When the schedule came out and saw at what point this game was being played and where that was the frist thought that came to mind "measuring stick for playoffs" .  Now more than ever.

Go Pats !

Many posters here, back when the season began and when asked to predict the Pats record for this season, penciled in this game as one of the losses the team may have this season.  Given back then, when the Pats were a "healthy" team, and what the team looks like now, anyone would be hard pressed to think this game is now a win for the team.  Are the Ravens playing as good as they were expected when the season began?  Most would say no.  Regardless, the Ravens are at home and are in better shape than the Pats right now.  It will take quite an effort by the team to get away from Baltimore with win # 11 today.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

the defense is going to have to come up big if the patriots are to have any shot at this one. the patriots havent been able to  put up many points o n the road against tough defenses of late. 

I think you're severely overrating Baltimore's D and how they match up with our offense.

Just saying.

The Lions, last week, mostly shot themselves in the foot and were hosed by the zebras when playing the Ravens.  Secondly, the Ravens O has issues scoring TDs.  Will it change against the Pats' D?  Who knows.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

BB could probably save some time if he just pre-printed copies of his Inactive List with Jake Bequette's name already filled in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

When the schedule came out and saw at what point this game was being played and where it was being played my first thought that came to mind "measuring stick for playoffs" .  Now more than ever.

Go Pats !

Good question --the way I'm  looking at it---considering everything that's happened to the Pats to this point; if  they can win today, everything  after will be gravy

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Go Pats !

Good question --the way I'm  looking at it---considering everything that's happened to the Pats to this point; if  they can win today, everything  after will be gravy

The talking heads will be wondering how they did it, too!  VERY few pick the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts