Patriots vs. Saints game discussion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCSportsEditor. Show BDCSportsEditor's posts

Patriots vs. Saints game discussion

There are so many questions. Which team will win? How will they win? Who will be the star?

Discuss.

Take the official Boston.com game survey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion

4th and 2 on the Saints 28 yard line. 1:30 left in the 4th quarter.  Patriots ball and were up by 6 points.  Do you punt or go for the first down?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I am really not all that excited about the game.  It should be fun to watch, but with SD and Cincy playing each other and both losing at least one more, we can probably lose this and get a bye.  we will have tiebreaker over SD and Cincy will lose at least to SD and one more. 

Whenever I have this feeling, the Patriots tend to blow out the opponents mercilessly.  I think they might win by 28 or more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

In Response to Patriots vs. Saints game discussion:
    [QUOTE]There are so many questions. Which team will win? How will they win? Who will be the star? Discuss. Take the official Boston.com game survey .
    Posted by BDCSportsEditor[/QUOTE]

Which team will win? ANSWER: the team that scores the most points. How will they win? ANSWER: By scoring more points than the other team. Who will be the star? ANSWER: the one responsible for scoring the most points.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Saints will pick up there first Loss tonight Patriots have something to Prove after the Colts game. Patriots need to prove to themselfs and There Fans they are still the best. So Patriots will win this game 34 to 27

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Good Luck Pats fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

The Patriots have something to prove tonight and I wouldn't want to face them with any extra motivation than they regularly have.

I'll take the Pats winning outright.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots have something to prove tonight and I wouldn't want to face them with any extra motivation than they regularly have. I'll take the Pats winning outright.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

NickC1188:  love the quote at the end of your signature line - who said it?  In other news - GO PATS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

OK, I've got my Pepto Bismol, Tylenol, and Alaskan Amber ready for the game.  I think my hearts in good shape, but I'll probably pickup a defibrillator just to be sure.  The Pats just seem to like a lot of drama in their games.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Patriots vs. Saints game discussion : Which team will win? ANSWER: the team that scores the most points. How will they win? ANSWER: By scoring more points than the other team. Who will be the star? ANSWER: the one responsible for scoring the most points.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]
    Hey Spock, go back to the Enterprise, you sound like my wife, lol..Cmon, Harley,we need passion and emotion, not logic...the puntwits are getting this wrong....the Pats will be in control early, the D will make enough plays, and the Pats will remain strong throughout...31-20....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]OK, I've got my Pepto Bismol, Tylenol, and Alaskan Amber ready for the game.  I think my hearts in good shape, but I'll probably pickup a defibrillator just to be sure.  The Pats just seem to like a lot of drama in their games.  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

The wife cooked a big ol' pot of chilli, got a 30-pack of bud light, and why do I just know I'm not getting to bet until near midnight?  This is almost the archtypical who-has-the-ball-last-will-win game.  I just hope we play to our potential, use time-outs well, and don't review an obvious call.  IMO, the key may be Ben Watson.  If they're gonna' double Moss, keep a pirate line backer on Welker and Faulk, you gotta think that the tight end, especially one with speed, could have a big night.  My prediction - if Watson has 100 receiving yards, we're winning (please be right, please be right) - LOL:)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from weeandthewads. Show weeandthewads's posts

Go for it and put the game away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slapointe1232. Show slapointe1232's posts

This will be a tough test for our boys.  Hopefully they'll pull it out.  My prediction would be a lot of attention paid to Welker because of last week.  Sharper on Moss and I agree, Watson could have a big night.  Watson will come out big when he has to.  Let's hope our DBs are hungry for interceptions on Drew Brees! Bodden, another three? I sure hope so!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion : The wife cooked a big ol' pot of chilli, got a 30-pack of bud light, and why do I just know I'm not getting to bet until near midnight?  This is almost the archtypical who-has-the-ball-last-will-win game.  I just hope we play to our potential, use time-outs well, and don't review an obvious call.  IMO, the key may be Ben Watson.  If they're gonna' double Moss, keep a pirate line backer on Welker and Faulk, you gotta think that the tight end, especially one with speed, could have a big night.  My prediction - if Watson has 100 receiving yards, we're winning (please be right, please be right) - LOL:)
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

I don't even know how they stop Moss and Welker to a point where Watson would need 100+ for a Pats win. Their secondary was already shaky with knee and groin injuries (meaning, they're not likely to be 100% for tonight's game). Not to mention, they signed two corners off the street, which can't bode well against Moss and Welker either...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from weeandthewads. Show weeandthewads's posts

This is important game for no other reason it provides a benchmark. This game has been built as a playoff game. If they don't respond and lay an egg then we know it is time to start looking at the draft and what needs to change. If they are not the second seed in the playoffs you can write the season off. This team needs to win out and lock down the second spot. In their 4 super bowl appearances this decade they have been no worst than second best record. In fact the four times they went the super bowl they got the bye. All the other playoff loses have occurred when they had to play the extra game.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

No Reggie Bush tonight.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Lance Moore
    Tracy Porter
    RB Reggie Bush
    CB Jabari Greer

All out tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Interesting note from Chris Mortensen regarding Gregg Williams, Saints Defensive Coordinator. Apparently, Bill still remembers the 31-0 loss back in 2003 (after cutting Milloy). That's why he ran up the score in 2007 against the Redskins (Williams was the coordinator under Gibbs). What do you know...he's the defensive coordinator for tonight's Saints too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Per Mike Reiss

Here are the inactives for tonight's game (we are still waiting on the full Patriots list):

New England Patriots
    WR Julian Edelman (3rd QB)

New Orleans Saints
    K Garrett Hartley
    WR Lance Moore
    RB Reggie Bush
    CB Tracy Porter
    CB Jabari Greer
    FB Kyle Eckel
    LB Jonathan Casillas
    DT DeMario Pressley

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Inactive for the Patriots are wide receiver Julian Edelman, running back Fred Taylor, cornerback Kyle Arrington, cornerback Shawn Springs, linebacker Junior Seau, guard Rich Ohrnberger and tackle Sebastian Vollmer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from diablotin. Show diablotin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion : NickC1188:  love the quote at the end of your signature line - who said it?  In other news - GO PATS!
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

That is a quote from bizarre comedian Emo Phillips.

Patriots win... #6 pass defense, #2 in points allowed entering Week 12, we will slow the passing game, stop the Saints' already mediocre running game.  Saints allowed the Lions and horrible Giants to score 27+ points, I can't even imagine how many the Patriots could hang on 'em.  Plus, Patriots really excel against the 4-3.  Patriots in a walk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]Per Mike Reiss Here are the inactives for tonight's game (we are still waiting on the full Patriots list): New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman (3rd QB) New Orleans Saints K Garrett Hartley WR Lance Moore RB Reggie Bush CB Tracy Porter CB Jabari Greer FB Kyle Eckel LB Jonathan Casillas DT DeMario Pressley
    Posted by AdrenalineJunkie[/QUOTE]

Same list as last week for the Saints.

Edit:  I take that back.  Pressley bck to inactive.  I missed that.  Looks like we are back to full strength on the defensive line!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion : That is a quote from bizarre comedian Emo Phillips. Patriots win... #6 pass defense, #2 in points allowed entering Week 12, we will slow the passing game, stop the Saints' already mediocre running game.  Saints allowed the Lions and horrible Giants to score 27+ points, I can't even imagine how many the Patriots could hang on 'em.  Plus, Patriots really excel against the 4-3.  Patriots in a walk.
    Posted by diablotin[/QUOTE]

Mediocre running game?  The Saints are averaging 154 yards per game rushing and ranked 5th in the NFL.  Not sure where you get your facts. 

And, the Saints also shift into the 3-4 when situation demand.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Who will the Pats 3rd reciever be with Edelman out.  Is Aiken active.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I don't like seeing Sea Bass on the out list.

Sections
Shortcuts