Patriots vs. Saints game discussion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNEPatsFan. Show TheNEPatsFan's posts

Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion

First of all why we stopped running the ball? Maroney was in full form. Welker gives us midfield position and Tom Brady throws interception. Ball control and time control should have been the strategy. We have only two recivers - Moss and Welker. Cover them and we are toast! Also, offensive line did not give 1-2 extra seconds to Tom. Pats offense looked so awkward and difficult. We need 2-3 strong, young and fast receivers who can run any routes. We need to go back to 2001-2004 when we were about ball control, hard hitting and accuracy. Our guys can not sack any quarterback this year more than 2-3 times? The time has come to ask whether we should trust in Bill blindly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tscan0090. Show tscan0090's posts

Brady seemed to be throwing behind his receivers all night.  On the 4 down incompletion to Moss late in the game, the ball was on Moss's inside shoulder where the defender was able to swat it away - it should have been on the outside - and it seemed that quite a few balls were located the same way - with the receiver reaching behind giving the defender time to knock it down. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLPat. Show SLPat's posts

This team has miles to go to be a serious Super Bowl contender.  They have yet to play 60 minutes of solid football against even a mediocre team.  The only silver lining may be that this humiliating loss will force the players to take a hard look at themselves.  The near win against the Colts was fools gold. It only made the players believe they are right there with the Colts, Saints and Vikes.  If anyone watched the game last night objectively, or the Vikings/Bears game, the Pats are not close to those these teams. But if we have learned anything in the last few years is that 4 or 5 hot weeks can be parlayed into a Super Bowl. 

I also don't understand how you go to a 5 wide receiver set after you run the ball down their throats on a 14 play, 80 yard drive.  What 2007 was make this team think it can win consistently being a pass happy team, but the fact is a lot of luck went their way in '07 and now it is evening out.

I am starting to wonder about BB but in his defense, his staff is pretty weak.
    This team needs to bring in a GM.  The poor drafting has caught up with them.  They haven't drafted a decent corner since Asante in 03.   And has Burgess or Springs made a play all year? 

This team will end up around 11-5.  I would not be surprised by a loss in Miami. Win the East. Maybe get the Steelers in the first round and if they win that go to SD and get smacked around. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveB33. Show SteveB33's posts

I really hate to say it.....The dynasty is over. They haven't replaced so many of the players that made this team so great for so long. On defense you have Vince and that's it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from modelsk2. Show modelsk2's posts

The 'Chick is scared to coach anymore, he's just lost it.
    Last night, 2 weeks ago...he can't handle road pressure
    (or maybe it's the food?!?)
    Look at Weis, he was into it a couple years ago, as was the 'Chick,
    but now they both stink, season over, no more parades because
    'Chick and Brady are back to being the 2nd stringers they always were.
    They got lucky for a few years, and I'm glad for us they did!
    Get used to .500 or so seasons until?
    Too bad, but that's where we're at.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino44. Show dino44's posts

Like Bill Parcells once said: "you are what you are".  The Patriots will likely win the division but at best we're looking at one win in the playoffs. What's most frustrating to watch is this team has become soft (like the Colts of a few years ago). They can put up gaudy statistics but are, at best, inconsistent in clutch situations and incapable of stopping other teams when it cannot stop anyone when it matters. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from denfarrell. Show denfarrell's posts

Pure and simple -- the Pats had their collective as*es handed to them by a better team.  So what ?  Still 5 games to go and time to get better for the playoffs.  That's all they can do now -- focus on what's ahead.

This game REALLY exposed what everyone has known for a long time (and for too many years) -- the Pats pass defense (especially at CB) is abyssmal -- and when you pair that up against offensive machines like the Saints and Colts, you might as well say "game over" before it starts.

No need to jump off the Tobin Bridge.  It's only a game and a lot of you whiners need to get a life !!  Maybe you'd rather be living in Detroit -- or Cleveland and be rooting for those awful excuses for teams !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nolarobert. Show nolarobert's posts

A good friend & I have been attending Saints games since 1980 & last night's MNF "Showdown in the Superdome" was one of the most electric & exciting games we have experienced.  Naturally we were thrilled with the 38 - 17 victory that was a dominating show of talent & power by our beloved boys in Black & Gold.  There was a sizeable contingent of Patriots fans who showed up at the Dome.  I know Patriots Nation is used to winning & felt confident before kick-off that they would prevail.  We had two gentlemen from Boston sitting next to us.  They flew in from Boston for their first away game ever.  Even though the Pats were whipped by our Saints, these guys stayed classy & we had a good conversation in the 4th quarter about how good they thought our Saints were & how they thought we looked like a Super Bowl caliber team.  Most every Pats fan we met displayed a good attitude despite losing & we have nothing but good things to say about how they acted & were gracious after losing.  So hold your heads up high Pats Nation, your fans were cool & represented Boston well.  We wish you the best & maybe we will meet again in Miami in February.  We just believe this is our year down on the bayou as Who Dat Nation is riding high after going 11 - 0 with our big MNF victory over a good Patriots team.  Peace!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fredericknittle. Show fredericknittle's posts

I for one was happy to play a class team like the Saints. The Pats were down by 21 with 30 seconds left ... thank goodness Drew Brees didn't do his Tom Brady impersonation and throw it in the end zone to attempt one more score.

Come to think of it Brady was reduced to a spectator with 30 seconds left....what goes around comes around Mr Metrosexual!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from modelsk2. Show modelsk2's posts

what number posting is this on now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nolamomma. Show nolamomma's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion:
    [QUOTE]Saints will pick up there first Loss tonight Patriots have something to Prove after the Colts game. Patriots need to prove to themselfs and There Fans they are still the best. So Patriots will win this game 34 to 27
    Posted by Paulawht63[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nope

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SaintVincent. Show SaintVincent's posts

As a Louisianan Saints fan with a long-time respect for the Patriots, I'm disappointed at the number and intensity of disparaging remarks about the Pats from their own fans.  Clearly, Tom Brady was not having a good night last night.  Some of his passes were well off target.  Is he the first great quarterback to have a bad game?  I've seen Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana and Dan Marino have terrible games.  Drew and Peyton have had their bad days.  As for Brett Favre, have you forgotten the number of memorably atrocious games he's had?  Favre holds the league record for interceptions, and some of those came three or four to the game.  The Superdome is an extremely tough place to play because of 80,000 drunked-up Cajuns making an ear-ringing racket whenever the visiting team breaks huddle.  All teams have occasional off nights. 

If both the Saints and the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl, on a neutral field, on another day, the Patriots win the game if they play better than the Saints that day. New York fans are notorious for jumping off the bandwagon whenever their team loses a game.  But you're Bostonians, not New Yorkers.  The Patriots are a great team and a great organization.  We're not talking Browns, Lions, or Raiders.  Lighten up, go get a bahgain at Filene's to cheer yourself up, and be there rooting for them next Sunday.  The Patriots WILL be in the playoffs, and the playoffs are a clean slate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

[QUOTE]Like Bill Parcells once said: "you are what you are".  The Patriots will likely win the division but at best we're looking at one win in the playoffs. What's most frustrating to watch is this team has become soft (like the Colts of a few years ago). They can put up gaudy statistics but are, at best, inconsistent in clutch situations and incapable of stopping other teams when it cannot stop anyone when it matters. 
    Posted by dino44[/QUOTE]

Agree...and who do you think is responsible for the Patriots going soft?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tackhead. Show tackhead's posts

In the words of a wise man, "If your mother had wheels instead of legs, she'd be a bicycle."  Gotta look at the Pats for what they are this season -- a good but not great team -- vs. what they were some other season and what they might be some day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from juzme. Show juzme's posts

This Defense Blows

Any more questions on why BB went for it in Indy? The Defense can't stop ANYBODY.

There's no pash rush so BB dials up a corner blitz. Seems reasonable except Merriweather won't stay in his zone responsibility. You can't count on him.

Mayo? Looks like a one year wonder. Flash in the pan.

Why do we skip\ trade draft choices. We couldn't use help on this horrible defense? I gotta think BB has coached them right and they're simply not good enough. You think he didn't tell safeties need to cover on CB blitz? '09 is a lost cause.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigspencer. Show bigspencer's posts

Ditto tackhead's.
    As far as the level of football...with Reggie Bush, speed of their receivers, their defense's quickness/speed, and Breese's ability to find the open man...I'd put the Saints up there with anyone in last 30yrs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from denfarrell. Show denfarrell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion : Agree...and who do you think is responsible for the Patriots going soft?
    Posted by gfkr2[/QUOTE]

I dunnno -- I give up.  Who ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

The defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion : Hey Spock, go back to the Enterprise, you sound like my wife, lol..Cmon, Harley,we need passion and emotion, not logic...the puntwits are getting this wrong....the Pats will be in control early, the D will make enough plays, and the Pats will remain strong throughout...31-20....
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

mountain, anything here you'd like to retract......anything?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion : I dunnno -- I give up.  Who ?
    Posted by denfarrell[/QUOTE]

BELICHICK

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from denfarrell. Show denfarrell's posts

[QUOTE]I for one was happy to play a class team like the Saints. The Pats were down by 21 with 30 seconds left ... thank goodness Drew Brees didn't do his Tom Brady impersonation and throw it in the end zone to attempt one more score. Come to think of it Brady was reduced to a spectator with 30 seconds left....what goes around comes around Mr Metrosexual!
    Posted by fredericknittle[/QUOTE]

And another moron enters a post referring to Brady's personal life.  Please get over it, you idiot !  What the guy does on his own personal time is none of our business.  

He had a bad game - big deal ... but the O-Line, the D-Line and the D-Backs had a worse game.  Can't wait for Sebastian Vollmer to come back -- please put the overrated Matt Light someplace else.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

The overrated Matt Light needs to replace the absolutely horrible Kaczur.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KC20. Show KC20's posts

Just got back from New Orleans.  As painful as this game must have been to watch on TV, it was much worse seeing it in person.  I left this morning with a hangover and the realization that the Patriots are a mediocre team.  The hangover will go away but the mediocrity won't at least not this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

The Saints have come through some tough times with Katrina. They have fought hard. Can they beat Farve before he retires 10 more times? Can they beat the Giants more than once? Lots of questions still remain....!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tinman188. Show tinman188's posts

[QUOTE]I am really not all that excited about the game.  It should be fun to watch, but with SD and Cincy playing each other and both losing at least one more, we can probably lose this and get a bye.  we will have tiebreaker over SD and Cincy will lose at least to SD and one more.  Whenever I have this feeling, the Patriots tend to blow out the opponents mercilessly.  I think they might win by 28 or more.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

wow terrific prediction pauldeba.  Jimmy the Greek you ain't

Sections
Shortcuts