Patriots vs. Saints game discussion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobe1canobe. Show dobe1canobe's posts

Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion

WHO DAT...WHO DAT THINK THEY GONNA BEAT THE SAINTS!!!!!
    Not going to be Brady and company this years babys!
    Hey I know...hire Romo... he'll be lookin for work after this season too, boo hoo!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsRush. Show SportsRush's posts

Little Bill Belichick coached as if he was asleep, passing up FGs, going for it on 4th & 4, and pulling the plug and conceding the game instead of playing 60 minutes. Yes, they were down 21 with 5:26 left, but when you have Tom Brady and Randy Moss and 2 timeouts, why give up? I doubt Peyton Manning comes out of the game if the Colts are down 21 with 5:26 to play and two timeouts.

I tend to think Little Bill was afraid if he didn't throw in the towel that the Saints would keep playing full throttle and score 52 on him. And Little Bill only likes it when he's on the giving end of such scores.

He's a punk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbdev1234. Show nbdev1234's posts

Saints were great, but their fans are jacka88es.  They won a big game...obviously the first one ever, by the way they are acting.  I guess since we lost bad, the Pats' run is over.

The game was embarrassing for the pats and that defense...but many of us fans felt this coming at some point, maybe "in the air".  BB has just been cheating the roster for too long, and it's been awhile since we played a really really good team that could expose this.

Time to add some quality players, especially on defense, but also to the receiving corps - another guy besides Welker and Moss who can catch it and make a play.  How about a pass rush, too?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobe1canobe. Show dobe1canobe's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion : Well, if we're playing the Saints, it must mean we'll be in the Superbowl. I'll take that and take our chances with the Saints, providing the Vikes don't knock them off. Enjoy the game.
    Posted by Tonyn1[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reed-46052. Show Reed-46052's posts

Hello Group,

just a quick note on the game - I am a colts fan but unlike others I am not against the Patriots or for that matter any other team. Watching last nights game reminded me of another game - Colts v. Jaguars of 2006 where the colts probably could have done better if they actually did not show up - so what happened afterwards - colts got a defense in the playoffs and won the SB. so my comment - have faith your coach will correct the problems and have the patriots ready for the playoffs.

Reed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from firemanl. Show firemanl's posts

Tom Brady needs to learn to scramble, and run the football.  He had numerous opportunities last night.  Unfortunatelly the Saints are a far superior team.  We are just an average team at best.  We need some luck in the playoffs!!!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

hey.  just popped in the dvds of the 2003 and 2004 season.  feel better now.  getting your @$$ handed to you DOESN'T mean you lose in the playoffs or superbowl.  it just means you got beat.  badly.  this is either a death knell or a wake up call.  but it is NOT the end.  we got miami, panthers, bills jags and texans left to get things right, and thats a lot of time.  we shall see.  we shall just wait and see.
    GO PATS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueballs. Show blueballs's posts

The Pats are not on par with the NFL's elite, and this game offered irrefutable proof. The defense is in transition, and won't reach championship caliber for at least a year. Now you know why BB went for it in Indy. The offense is loaded with talent, but it's inconsistent (including Brady) and is in dire need of creativity. This is a very predictable group on third down. It looked like the Saints had been in the Pats huddle before a lot of those plays. Time for an offensive coordinator, and soon. They'll earn the home field, beat a wild card team, and then flame out in San Diego. Sad, because it doesn't need to be this way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SDBoltFan. Show SDBoltFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots vs. Saints game discussion : No D can stop these offenses... vikes, NO, pats or colts or new vince young titans or warner's zona!
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Or Rivers and the Chargers' offense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

[QUOTE]Tom Brady needs to learn to scramble, and run the football.  He had numerous opportunities last night.  Unfortunatelly the Saints are a far superior team.  We are just an average team at best.  We need some luck in the playoffs!!!  
    Posted by firemanl[/QUOTE]

You're talking about a QB in his 30s coming off major knee surgery.

Good luck with that plan.

FWIW, the Pats have a superior offense and an average defense.  And last night the defense played below their capabilities. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nolarobert. Show nolarobert's posts

[QUOTE]Saints were great, but their fans are jacka88es.  They won a big game...obviously the first one ever, by the way they are acting. 
    Posted by nbdev1234[/QUOTE]

nbdev1234:  I am sorry to hear you had some issues with some members of Who Dat Nation.  My friend & I walked 8 blocks to the Superdome & met @ a dozen Patriots fans along the way.  None of them complained of any mistreatment & most stated they had enjoyed their stay in N'awlins & had been treated pretty well as they expected to be razzed for being decked out in Pats gear.  Now late in the game & after it ended, I am sure there were many intoxicated Saints fans who acted like jerks but the majority of us have great respect for the Patriots dynasty & we are not natural rivals & don't play each other often.  Now if you want to talk getting down right ugly & malicious, come to a Saints - Falcons game then you will see some heated exchages between our fans & theirs about each other's family heritage.  I am sure it is the same way when the Pats take on the Dolphins, Jets or Bills.  I hope these boorish fans didn't ruin your entire visit to the Big Easy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

It's possible the Patriots traded away or retired one too many veterans on their defense.
    Team defense is essential in the modern day set ups because so many defenders depend on coverage from others and a familiarity with each others weaknesses.
    This happened to the 49ers when they let Ronnie Lott and Charles Haley depart in spats over money.
    For some reason the Patriots watched as Brady had a uniquely bad game. The last interception befuddles everyone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgr1954. Show jgr1954's posts

Richard Seymour

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Regroup, but that was a reality check.

Are the Pats really that bad?  Two walk on DB's can shut down Moss & Welker? One interception and the whole team just crumbles?

Saints WR's ABSOLUTELY WIDE FREAKIN' OPEN?!  Pop Warner level displays of tacking skill?

No pass rush whatsoever?! (This has a problem for awhile).

I can think of the Cards in the SB last year and try to be optimistic, but right now it's hard to imagine this team beating another playoff caliber team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

If it wasn't obvious before this shellacking, it should be obvious now. The Patriots are rebuilding. They have new players throughout the roster, lots of rookies , and second year players. They have been operating like the proletariat, with the release of any veterans who they might have to pay top dollar. It has worked in the past, but the horses are gone. They can still step up and beat anyone on any given day, but it will be more because the other team has a bad day than the Patriots have a good day. The defence has some huge question marks, and there is more than a hint that the offence does also. Some of B B 's coaching decisions are questionable at best, receivers drop passes, Brady misses receivers, Runners fumble, coverages are blown. That doesn't leave much opportunity to succeed. The run has been fantastic. Now lets rebuild a solid foundation.

Sections
Shortcuts