Patriots vs Texans Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots vs Texans Game Thread

“@MikeReiss: WR Aaron Dobson (foot), OT Marcus Cannon (ankle) and TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee) officially ruled out by the Patriots for Sunday's game.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Patriots vs Texans Game Thread

I know starting this thread on Friday will annoy some of you...  Cry

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

“@cpriceNFL: Dennard, Talib, Arrington, Cole, Gregory, Gronkowski & White all questionable for New England.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not really

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I was annoyed until I saw u started it Rocky. That's the way it should be

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I love the game thread Rocky. Better sooner than last minute since I'm not here during games. Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

nothing wrong with starting it early

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only thing that annoys me is that I have to wait 2 more days til the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

This week's NFL referee crews.
    http://www.football-refs.com/2013-crews/week-13/

Patriots news links.
    http://new-england-patriots.alltop.com/

Patriots players on twitter.
    http://www.tweeting-athletes.com/index.cfm?CatID=72

Press release.
    http://prod.static.patriots.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/game-releases/2013/20131201_release.pdf

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Thanks rocky. The karma of you starting this will insure victory. Thank you sir. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

if Houston is as bad as I read about, could we see Mallett in the second half

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It almost never happens.  Doesn't matter if it's Mallett, Hoyer, Cassell, etc.  If TB is healthy he plays virtually to the end every game.  At most, the sub gets the kneel-down at the end.  Look at last year:  3 blowouts of 30+ points.  Mallett was 1-4 passing for the entire 2012 season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It almost never happens.  Doesn't matter if it's Mallett, Hoyer, Cassell, etc.  If TB is healthy he plays virtually to the end every game.  At most, the sub gets the kneel-down at the end.  Look at last year:  3 blowouts of 30+ points.  Mallett was 1-4 passing for the entire 2012 season.

[/QUOTE]

The sad part is he won't get the first string line if he does come in. Odds stacked against him from the start. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would like to see him get in there and throw it around, and give TB a break from all the hits.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would like to see him get in there and throw it around, and give TB a break from all the hits.

[/QUOTE]

Pats will walk the Texans like a road and beat them like a drum!  I too want to see Mallett play some in this game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The sad part is he won't get the first string line if he does come in. Odds stacked against him from the start. 

[/QUOTE]

most of the first string guys were the second stringers a few weeks ago 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Projecting the Patriots' inactives November, 30, 2013 NOV 30 11:00 AM ET By Mike Reiss |

ESPNBoston.com

Before the New England Patriots play a game, we'll attempt to predict the team's inactive players. 

Our best guess on the list for Sunday's game against the Texans: 

Steve Beauharnais: Linebacker, a seventh-round pick out of Rutgers, is on the developmental track as he's been inactive for eight games this season. 

Jake Bequette: Defensive end is fifth on the depth chart and with No. 4 option Michael Buchanan hardly playing on defense, he is the odd-man out, in part because of limited special-teams contributions. 

Marcus Cannon: Right tackle, who elevated to the starting lineup after Sebastian Vollmersustained a season-ending leg injury Oct. 27, injured his ankle Sunday against the Broncos and didn't practice all week. He has already been ruled out. 

Alfonzo Dennard: Starting cornerback left Sunday night's game in the second quarter with a knee injury and is officially questionable. 

Aaron Dobson: Rookie receiver, who was limited to just two snaps in the second half and overtime of Sunday's win over the Broncos, has already been ruled out with a foot injury. 

Steve Gregory: Starting safety has been limited in practice all week and hasn't played since breaking his thumb on Nov. 3. 

Michael Hoomanawanui: Fourth-year tight end has already been ruled out with a knee injury. 

NOTES: With Cannon out and Will Svitek filling in, the Patriots don't have a pure offensive tackle in a backup role. If they don't promote Jordan Devey from the practice squad, they would enter the game with rookies Josh Kline (guard/center) and Chris Barker (guard) as the top backups. In the event of injury to tackles Nate Solder and Svitek, it could mean someone like left guard Logan Mankins is pressed into emergency duty at tackle.

Tags

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Thanks for starting rocky!! Lets go Pats! Lets get out of this game healthy and with a big win! Prediction; Patriots 37 Houston 24

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Next Man Up could be the Pat's theme song this season.  GO PATS!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

“@Patriots: Captains Matthew Slater & Devin McCourty board the buses @GilletteStadium en route to Houston

https://twitter.com/patriots/status/406858371174653952

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

maybe, if we get up 35-0

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots traveling to Houston

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots rule out Alfonzo Dennard

Updated: November 30, 2013, 9:27 PM ET By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.PRINT

The New England Patriots downgraded cornerback Alfonzo Dennard to out for Sunday's game against the Houston Texans with a knee injury, it was announced Saturday night.

More on the Patriots

Mike Reiss has the Patriots blanketed for ESPNBoston.com. Check in for all the latest coverage. Blog

Dennard, a starting cornerback, reportedly underwent a minor procedure prior to the team's Week 11 game against the Carolina Panthers, which he missed.

He returned to the lineup against the Denver Broncos the following week, but was limited and forced to leave the game. After practicing Wednesday, Dennard missed Thursday's practice before practicing on a limited basis on Friday.

Fellow cornerbacks Aqib Talib (hip), Kyle Arrington(groin) and Marquice Cole (shin) are all listed as questionable to play. All three look to be on course to play against Houston, however, and Talib and Arrington are projected to start with rookie Logan Ryan serving as the team's third cornerback.

Dennard, a second-year cornerback out of Nebraska, became a starter during the home stretch of the 2012 regular season and has 35 tackles and an interception this season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Patriots traveling to Houston

[/QUOTE]

That's a start. They've got the right city. Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]