Patriots Want 2nd Round Draft Pick for Mallet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Patriots Want 2nd Round Draft Pick for Mallet?

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't see a 2nd unless it's a later 2nd, but why not shoot for the moon. I see something closer to an early 3rd to early 4th range for Mallett

[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree. But, stranger things have happened. Would Houston trade their 3rd round pick (first overall in that round) for Mallett? This could be a possibility if they bypassed taking a QB with the top overall pick, to draft a guy like Clowney.

[/QUOTE]

This may sound nuts, but how can houston pass on clowney? He's too good and simply the best player in the draft. 

If I am houston sitting at 1, I gladly take clowney and work out a trade with someone for a QB like mallett. They could also pay schaub and wait the decision out, but I don't think that will happen given the cost. Draft clowney, trade 33 and a 4th for the pats 2nd and mallett.

does that work for both sides?

[/QUOTE]

That might get it done. That early 4th on McCarron I'd do it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I can't see a 2nd unless it's a later 2nd, but why not shoot for the moon. I see something closer to an early 3rd to early 4th range for Mallett

[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree. But, stranger things have happened. Would Houston trade their 3rd round pick (first overall in that round) for Mallett? This could be a possibility if they bypassed taking a QB with the top overall pick, to draft a guy like Clowney.

[/QUOTE]

This may sound nuts, but how can houston pass on clowney? He's too good and simply the best player in the draft. 

If I am houston sitting at 1, I gladly take clowney and work out a trade with someone for a QB like mallett. They could also pay schaub and wait the decision out, but I don't think that will happen given the cost. Draft clowney, trade 33 and a 4th for the pats 2nd and mallett.

does that work for both sides?

[/QUOTE]

That might get it done. That early 4th on McCarron I'd do it

[/QUOTE]

We would have to add DobsonDobson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why shop Mallet at all?  He's spent 2 years under Brady, has a strong arm and knowledge of our offense.  While he hasn't exactly razzle dazzled in preseasons, he is also currently our only backup, and bringing in anyone rook or JAG, to backup Brady in hopes that they could take over if Brady went down is more than just asking a lot.  Not to mention, Brady is on limited time and in his twilight years.  Don't we need to be concerned with grooming a successor at this point? 

[/QUOTE]

Good question. Is Mallet Brady's successor? If yes, then keep him. If not, the Patriots need to eventually find that person.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The word out oh Houston is that they're oing to release Matt Schaub, and definately draft a QB with their first overall pick. Right now, my guess would be Blke Bortels.

But, what if there's a change of heart, and they decide to draft DE/OLB Clowney or OT Robinson at #1? Could they then consider a deal for Mallett...perhaps offering their top overall pick in round three...the 63rd overall selection?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I haven't read this entire thread, but what if we tried to package Mallet + our 1st round pick to a team who needs a QB?

Just how many spots could we move up to grab a major impact player?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I just don't think the guy is any good...I haven't seen anything out of him when he's played in the few times he's gotten preseason snaps...he's the same at practices I've been to each year he's been here..no touch on passes, cannon shots on every throw, not particularly accurate, little huddle presence...If you could grab McCarron in the 4th I'd do it in a heartbeat....Mallet isn't worth anything like a 2nd...if you get a 4th, take it...I doubt he's worth a 3rd.