Patriots were NEVER going to trade for Osi.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Patriots were NEVER going to trade for Osi.

Cool, another Umenyiora thread Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Your post is kind of long so I didn't read it but I have a question for you.

Why haven't the Pats traded for Osi?  If they trade two 1st round picks and Tom Brady they could probably get him and I think he would probably get like 40 or 50 sacks.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots were NEVER going to trade for Osi.:
    [QUOTE]Your post is kind of long so I didn't read it but I have a question for you. Why haven't the Pats traded for Osi?  If they trade two 1st round picks and Tom Brady they could probably get him and I think he would probably get like 40 or 50 sacks.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

+1 but to be honest I only read the first line of your post...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

worthless thread

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

You mean to tell me that there isn't even one parallel universe where the Pats traded for Osi?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Agreed, I thought this was all smoke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Im all set. Bring in Tommie Harris and Matt Roth. Also the 4-3 will be used sometimes but not as a base set, not sure if thats what you were saying or not but i just wanted to be clear that we run a 3-4 D in NE as long as BB is coach.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Tommie Harris is a Colt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots were NEVER going to trade for Osi. : +1 but to be honest I only read the first line of your post...
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

WeDerr, I just wanna say that I dig that'cha gave shenanigan some props with that +1, and were even "honest" in your compliment right there. Unfortunately though, I'm not quite sure what you were refering to, seein' as though tas's post was too long for me to tackle, I trailed off in shen's response b/c I was thinking about killa's long post, and by the time I got ta yours I figured I was so much outta the discussion, that I just read half of your sentence... Q: Any chance you can paraphrase the 2nd part of your post, in maybe just 1 or 2 words, thanx?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It might take two first rounders to get Tommie Harris for the colts since they just signed him.  Osi would be cheaper then that! Smile

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I never once thought there was any real possibilty to the Pats landing him.  Oh I'm sure there's interest, and BB would certainly kick his tires, but the sticker price is way too high. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

OU isn't the typical BB acquisition.  As pointed out, he has a ring and he'll cost a draft pick AND a big contract extension.  Never thought it would happen because of that.  I like the strategy of signing guys who can play either DE/OLB, and it's clear that through UDFA and the street free agents they're looking at that they're looking for that type of versatility/flexibility. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

This probably means it's going to happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots were NEVER going to trade for Osi. : WeDerr, I just wanna say that I dig that'cha gave shenanigan some props with that +1, and were even "honest" in your compliment right there. Unfortunately though, I'm not quite sure what you were refering to, seein' as though tas's post was too long for me to tackle, I trailed off in shen's response b/c I was thinking about killa's long post, and by the time I got ta yours I figured I was so much outta the discussion, that I just read half of your sentence... Q: Any chance you can paraphrase the 2nd part of your post, in maybe just 1 or 2 words, thanx?
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

no, sorry...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]You mean to tell me that there isn't even one parallel universe where the Pats traded for Osi?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Well, there are exactly five parellel universes where the Patriots trade for Osi.

Only one ends with NE winning the superbowl, whereas two end with Osi iusing his contract money to finance the assasination of Silvio Burlusconi -- once with a undetectable styrene pistol, and another with a privately financed sattelite rigged to fall out of orbit into Burlusconi's villa in Sorrento. In yet another one, Osi plays out the contract uneventfully, but eventually opts for gender reassignment surgery three years into retirement. 

Heaven forfend you wake up in the one parallel universe where they trade for Osi, everyone is jubilent, only to wake up the next morning and discover that they only made the trade so that Nick Caserio could harvest one drop of Umeyiora's blood to consumate an unholy pact with Beelzebub to open a portal to hell and unleash teeming throngs of demons and the walking dead onto the earth. The apocalypse takes the lives of 6 million, whose grateful souls weep for the survivors who are forced into a lifetime of demon bondage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots were NEVER going to trade for Osi. : Well, there are exactly five parellel universes where the Patriots trade for Osi. Only one ends with NE winning the superbowl, whereas two end with Osi iusing his contract money to finance the assasination of Silvio Burlusconi -- once with a undetectable styrene pistol, and another with a privately financed sattelite rigged to fall out of orbit into Burlusconi's villa in Sorrento. In yet another one, Osi plays out the contract uneventfully, but eventually opts for gender reassignment surgery three years into retirement.  Heaven forfend you wake up in the one parallel universe where they trade for Osi, everyone is jubilent, only to wake up the next morning and discover that they only made the trade so that Nick Caserio could harvest one drop of Umeyiora's blood to consumate an unholy pact with Beelzebub to open a portal to hell and unleash teeming throngs of demons and the walking dead onto the earth. The apocalypse takes the lives of 6 million, whose grateful souls weep for the survivors who are forced into a lifetime of demon bondage.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Are you a literary professor at LSU? or PolySci?

This is genius. Have you written any books of note?

I'm with Rusty on this one. Sign Roth and perhaps Brock and we are done. Never thought the Pats would nab Osi given the price tag. The announcement from the Giants could be a smokescreen as well..meaning, they are trying to close it down so teams will step up. In the end, I think the Gmen want to resign Osi, they just want to give him an idea of what he is worth...which with no apparent suitors, appears to be less than Osi thinks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Mr. after the fact with a why it never was going to happened after it didn't happen.

Talk about going out on a limb.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Good one tcal!Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanCap. Show SanCap's posts

Wow ZB that is truly a set of bizarro outcomes!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots were NEVER going to trade for Osi. : Well, there are exactly five parellel universes where the Patriots trade for Osi. Only one ends with NE winning the superbowl, whereas two end with Osi iusing his contract money to finance the assasination of Silvio Burlusconi -- once with a undetectable styrene pistol, and another with a privately financed sattelite rigged to fall out of orbit into Burlusconi's villa in Sorrento. In yet another one, Osi plays out the contract uneventfully, but eventually opts for gender reassignment surgery three years into retirement.  Heaven forfend you wake up in the one parallel universe where they trade for Osi, everyone is jubilent, only to wake up the next morning and discover that they only made the trade so that Nick Caserio could harvest one drop of Umeyiora's blood to consumate an unholy pact with Beelzebub to open a portal to hell and unleash teeming throngs of demons and the walking dead onto the earth. The apocalypse takes the lives of 6 million, whose grateful souls weep for the survivors who are forced into a lifetime of demon bondage.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I think you're missing a 6th - attack of the zombies!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I just had  3 Martini's (just vodka, really)....so I don't even know which thread I'm in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I just had  3 Martini's (just vodka, really)....so I don't even know which thread I'm in.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

You are in the only thread about Osi!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots were NEVER going to trade for Osi. : WeDerr, I just wanna say that I dig that'cha gave shenanigan some props with that +1, and were even "honest" in your compliment right there. Unfortunately though, I'm not quite sure what you were refering to, seein' as though tas's post was too long for me to tackle, I trailed off in shen's response b/c I was thinking about killa's long post, and by the time I got ta yours I figured I was so much outta the discussion, that I just read half of your sentence... Q: Any chance you can paraphrase the 2nd part of your post, in maybe just 1 or 2 words, thanx?
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    Laz i never get more than 4 sentences deep in your posts, no matter how hard i try. stream of consciousness to the max

Sections
Shortcuts