Patriots will be adding someone this weekend, who?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Patriots will be adding someone this weekend, who?

You can pretty much bet on BB to do some tweaking and add at least one player this weekend.  Any guess who (besides Waters as he is already expected to be back.)

While I just don't see them keeping the WR group as it is, I think they will be adding one more WR.  As much as I want to see Branch back here, I have a funny gut feeling that Plaxico Burress walks through that door.  Not a fan of his but seems to be an intelligent receiver and while his speed might not be there his physical gifts of being so tall and able to go up an get the ball would be a huge asset, imo.

Any quesses???

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Patriots will be adding someone this weekend, who?

I think Waters is the first player "back". That will make 9 o linemen and 53 players. I also suspect, midly, that Gaffney or Branch will be back at some point. 

Keep in mind that there is the possibilty, especially when and if injuries happen, that we could see BB ASK Koppen or even Light to come back for six games and a playoff run. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

This weekend tfb?  Ok, how about Tim Hightower RB that the skins cut.  Crazy to see the low amount of WRs on this team, maybe plexico?  Since they brought him in.....

Those are my crazy guesses! Haha.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

This weekend tfb?  Ok, how about Tim Hightower RB that the skins cut.  Crazy to see the low amount of WRs on this team, maybe plexico?  Since they brought him in.....

Wow!  Tim Hightower, interesting!  I didn't think of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Suspect a WR or FB.  I think Waters may be coming back, but I suspect BB adds him a few days from now, since there's no risk of losing him.  Increasingly, I think Gaffney will be back, but it may not be till he's healed and I don't know when that will be.  Plax is an interesting possibility, but I wonder if he's still got the skills at 35--and you never know about his attitude.  It's hard to judge anything from last year because the Jets are such a mess . . .

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Well, we've got our answer . . . and it's ex-BC center Matt Tennant. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

TFB: Wow!  Tim Hightower, interesting!  I didn't think of him.

Yeah, I was just thinking RB only because we know they had Grant/Benson in here, and they didn't bite on either one of them.  But there was a reason why they brought those guys in right? I would think! ;) (never know with BB)....maybe (after week 1) they bring in a vet back like grant if still avail......

We honestly still don't know if Ridley or Vareen can last the yr, and we of course we have Woody, and B Boldin at RBs....

Its strictly a guess though!  lol

My real thought earlier (before cuts) is I thought K. Moreno was going to get cut by Denver ....and then I really thought, Josh M and Pats would bring him in!  But Moreno made the team.  haha so much for that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I guess it's tennant, the center from BC

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sporter81s comment:

I guess it's tennant, the center from BC

I read he can play all over the line.  Does this maybe mean Waters isn't a for sure thing?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hopefully the tweet by Tom E Curran, means something, when he mentioned that new Nike equipment was placed in Waters' locker.  You would think so! but who knows with the Pats (which we all know!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Waters could still be coming back, but it does seem less likely now.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We have a good history with BC centers. Koppen, and Damien Woody before him!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss

Patriots acquire WR Greg Salas from Rams in exchange for late-round 2013 pick, per @AdamSchefter. Salas played in college at Hawaii.

----------
    Actually it has now been reported this is for a late 2015 trade!  LOL!

A slot guy, maybe to take Welkers spot in the future.  Of course its a Josh Mc move since the guy played for the Rams.

Not sure I like this move, need some more eperienced WR!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Salas (6-foot-1, 209 pounds) played in six games last season, catching 27 passes for 264 yards, while also fumbling three times. The Rams' offensive coordinator for Salas' rookie season was Josh McDaniels, who rejoined the Patriots in January.

Sure hands Salas had 3 fumbles and 27 catches in 6 games last season with the Rams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salas (6-foot-1, 209 pounds) played in six games last season, catching 27 passes for 264 yards, while also fumbling three times. The Rams' offensive coordinator for Salas' rookie season was Josh McDaniels, who rejoined the Patriots in January.

Sure hands Salas had 3 fumbles and 27 catches in 6 games last season with the Rams.

Sounds like a kick returner to me. When a guy fumbles 11% of the time he touches the ball, he is a shoe in for KR....wait

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yikes!  That doesn't sound good.   I sure wish they would stick with some proven players instead of bringing in experiments.  I certainly don't like our crop of WR at the moment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss

Greg Salas had his season shortened last year because of a broken fibula. Has played inside and outside.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

McDaniels knows him, which gives me some confidence, since McDaniels must know how he'll fit in the offense.  He's relatively big for a slot receiver.  I'm wondering if they seem him as a guy who can work the sidelines a bit or run intermediate routes over the middle.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Next question: two guys added so far, only one open roster spot.  So who got cut?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I like the Salas addition... kid fits the Patriot profile as a WR with good hands, COD and RAC ability... I also like his size and ball skills and his relative familliarity with the offense is a plus.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroids comment:

Next question: two guys added so far, only one open roster spot.  So who got cut?

Good question!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If Salas plays well and Gaffney comes back, we suddenly have a deep receiving group again . . .we'll see what happens.  It's getting interesting . . . 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I quess this answers the question..

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Patriots also cut LB Bobby Carpenter.

----------------