Patriots will be adding someone this weekend, who?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Patriots will be adding someone this weekend, who?

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard

Patriots signed former Redskins WR Sam Kirkland to the practice squad. Ridiculous 45-inch vertical.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I read a few of the posts on a Rams forum . . . a lot of the Rams fans think it was a mistake to let Salas go.  He's seen as a receiver with good hands who looked like he had good potential before the injury.  He was starting to make an impact last year before the injury.  Look at his stats for weeks 6 through 9:

REGULAR SEASON GAMES RECEIVING RUSHING FUMBLES WK Game Date Opp Result G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost 1 09/11   PHI L    13-31 1 0 1 21 21.0 21 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --   2 09/19   @ NYG L    16-28 1 0 4 27 6.8 17 0 -- -- -- -- -- 2 1   3 09/25 BAL L    7-37 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --   4 10/02   WAS L    10-17 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --   5 Bye   -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --   6 10/16   @ GB L    3-24 1 0 8 77 9.6 19 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --   7 10/23   @ DAL L    7-34 1 0 2 33 16.5 21 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --   8 10/30   NO W    31-21 1 0 5 47 9.4 17 0 1 8 8.0 8 0 1 0   9 11/06   @ ARI L    13-19 1 0 7 59 8.4 16 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --     TOTAL 6 0 27 264 9.8 21 0 1 8 8.0 8 0 3 1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Well, I guess our new software can't to table formats . . . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TFB12 comment:

I quess this answers the question..

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Patriots also cut LB Bobby Carpenter.

----------------

Bit of a surprise.  Rivera over Carpenter . . . hmmm

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah, I was scratching me head Rivera over Carpenter too. I'm thinking maybe after week 1 Carpenter will be back so his contract is non guaranteed and someone else will get the boot. Maybe Forston. I still wonder how he made the squad. Forston was non-existent all preseason and I don't remember hearing a single good report all camp

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

1. Hope Brian Waters walks through that door soon - believe we would get a roster exemption for him.

2. What happened to Ebert? Thought he would go to the practice squad but they signed a guy off the Redskins. Did someone else get him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Does Hoyer have practice squad eligibility?

Former Patriots QB Brian Hoyer has passed through waivers unclaimed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Does Hoyer have practice squad eligibility?

Former Patriots QB Brian Hoyer has passed through waivers unclaimed.

Don't think so . . . I think once you have had a full season on a 53-man roster, you're no longer eligible, but I'm not 100% sure of the rules. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Hoyer not eligible.
    man the new forum iz aweful.
    OH,  DOTTIE, pleaze fix it.
    what kind of cruel punizhment iz thiz?  WOW

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Pat's will try out a slew of players cut from other teams over the next couple weeks, a couple guys that have been cut will be coming back, I think Branch will be one of them.

Water's will be walking through that door any minute.  Last year he didn't arrive until 8 days before the first game of the season and played at a Pro Bowl level...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Interesting stuff here per Mike Reiss..

A few behind the scenes notes on the Patriots personnel moves today:

In addition to center Matt Tennant, the Patriots also put in waiver claims on former Jaguars offensive tackle Daniel Baldridge (Marshall) and former 49ers guard Mike Person (Montana State).

Person went to the Colts, who had priority over the Patriots. Baldridge wasn’t claimed by another team, but after the Patriots were awarded Tennant, the team backed off its claim of Baldridge.

So these moves highlight some of the Patriots’ thinking at Fridays roster cutdown. They seemed to be determined to come away with another offensive lineman.

Meanwhile, the following six players were in for workouts: defensive back Ben Hannula (San Diego), linebacker Noah Keller (Ohio), wide receivers Thomas Mayo (Cal-Pa.) and Sam Kirkland (Kent State), and running backs Kahlil Bell (UCLA) and Josh Vaughan (Richmond).

Of that group, the Patriots signed Kirkland to the practice squad.

Mary Paoletti of Comcast Sports Net previously noted these moves.

One additional note: former Patriots safety James Ihedigbo visited with the Ravens.

Sections
Shortcuts