Patriots will be releasing Lloyd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Patriots will be releasing Lloyd

Kind of a bummer he is instantly the #1 FA WR....I liked Lloyd. 75 rec's almost 1,00 yards as the 4rth option. Aside from Wes and Moss our system just doesn't work for receivers. Who is to blame for this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Talk about completely revamping the offense.  Wow.

Gronk (#1 passing option) Hernandez (#3 passing option) and Ridley (1,000 yard back) are all still here you know.

Ballard, Washington, Amendola all fill the roles of Fells, Woodhead and Welker quite nicely

Sanders would absolutely replace Llloyd

There was no threat like Donald Jones on the roster last year, small and old Deion Branch was the #3 WR. Shane Vareen will make a much bigger impact this year as well and he is not a new piece.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Gronk (#1 passing option) Hernandez (#3 passing option) and Ridley (1,000 yard back) are all still here you know.

Ballard, Washington, Amendola all fill the roles of Fells, Woodhead and Welker quite nicely

There was no threat like Donald Jones on the roster last year, small and old Deion Branch was the #3 WR. Shane Vareen will make a much bigger impact this year as well and he is not a new piece.

aer we signg sanders. if we did not even give him an offer sheet this doesnt sound likely

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Adios. Time to bring in Sanders with that saved money. Can add Abraham as well... Maybe even Dumervil. Another CB for depth, along with a talented interior DL.

Here we agree, my friend. This was a wise decision by the Patriots. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Adios. Time to bring in Sanders with that saved money. Can add Abraham as well... Maybe even Dumervil. Another CB for depth, along with a talented interior DL.

Here we agree, my friend. This was a wise decision by the Patriots. 

i posted same end of season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

What kind of threat is Donald Jones?

I made a post about it earlier.

Fitzpatrick has 5 300 yard games the last two seasons, FOUR against the Pats...who arguably have had the worst pass defense over the last two years

No surprise, the three games jones was healthy for were arguably the best games of his career.

Ignore the Patriots games and he's a WR who struggles to get over 60 yards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

What kind of threat is Donald Jones?

I made a post about it earlier.

Fitzpatrick has 5 300 yard games the last two seasons, FOUR against the Pats...who arguably have had the worst pass defense over the last two years

No surprise, the three games jones was healthy for were arguably the best games of his career.

Ignore the Patriots games and he's a WR who struggles to get over 60 yards.

prefer hopkins and rogers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

wow that was quick. done.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Well if they sign Sanders and draft a +6ft speed demon in R1 or R2 of the draft, than I can live with releasing Lloyd .... if not .... then we got nothing but TEs and slots ... STILL.

At least Bill brought back Talib on better than ideal terms.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well we kind of have to get Sanders now, truthfully I would of loved to of kept him and added Sanders at the same time. Now he will be considered the best wide receiver left on the market.

It must be just me, but I really don't know what to think of this off season yet. I like Talib coming back at a decent price and short term deal. I like Amendola, but I think having him replace Welker may turn into a disaster. I liked Wilson three years ago, now I seriously wonder What he has left. If Abraham signs I will feel the same way (and Abraham has always been one of my favorite pass rushers, but this guy is ancient).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Well we kind of have to get Sanders now, truthfully I would of loved to of kept him and added Sanders at the same time. Now he will be considered the best wide receiver left on the market.

It must be just me, but I really don't know what to think of this off season yet. I like Talib coming back at a decent price and short term deal. I like Amendola, but I think having him replace Welker may turn into a disaster. I liked Wilson three years ago, now I seriously wonder What he has left. If Abraham signs I will feel the same way (and Abraham has always been one of my favorite pass rushers, but this guy is ancient).

There's no reason to be concerned. Best offseason in awhile for this team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Dude, I'm not one of the annoying little trolls who overblows the situation.  Maybe my post came across as a dramatic post, but it was not intended to be.  I applaud all of these moves.  As much as I loved Welker and Woody, we needed to revamp the offense.

I'm looking forward to a versatile/deep threat of Jones, added skilll set of Amendola, and infusing more of Vereen on 3rd downs and screen plays.  Washington fills the return role and 3rd downs as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Funny, how last year everyone was saying BB was brilliant for signing Lloyd at low money .  . .  and now the guy can't even stick.  Lloyd may go down as another one of those guys where the Pats went cheap and got exactly what they paid for . . . 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Funny, how last year everyone was saying BB was brilliant for signing Lloyd at low money .  . .  and now the guy can't even stick.  Lloyd may go down as another one of those guys where the Pats went cheap and got exactly what they paid for . . . 

Now 75 catches for 1,000 yards and a few td's as the 4rth option is a bust, and we "went cheap" I can't figure you people out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Dude, I'm not one of the annoying little trolls who overblows the situation.  Maybe my post came across as a dramatic post, but it was not intended to be.  I applaud all of these moves.  As much as I loved Welker and Woody, we needed to revamp the offense.

I'm looking forward to a versatile/deep threat of Jones, added skilll set of Amendola, and infusing more of Vereen on 3rd downs and screen plays.  Washington fills the return role and 3rd downs as well.

Let's stop tinkering with the offense...and revamp that defense!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

There's no reason to be concerned. Best offseason in awhile for this team.

Well I'm a fan, so of course I'll think in my head that everything is looking good, but I've got to tell you I'm not very excited yet. I'll wait till this thing is done....wait till after the draft, etc, to see how it all unfolds. I like the resigning of Talib at that price...smart move/good business move. If they are in the midst of signing Dumervil right now then that would get me going...a young, productive pass rusher that has proven he can do it. I'd love to see that shoe drop on Elway and Manning...let them be the ones to sign Abraham or a Freeney and have to watch those two's wheels fall off in November.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

With all due respect, have you seen our offense in the playoffs the past few years?  It needs to be revamped.  In the regular season, they break records, pile on stats, humiliate opponenets, etc. and then when the playoffs come along they repeatedly score in the teens.  Unacceptable.

I'm not saying the Defense doesn't need to be revamped, but with the immense amount of young talent coupled with an infusion of a few veteran FA signings, I think the defense is looking up.  As for the offense, the jury will be out in next year's playoffs.

I think BB is addressing both sides of the ball(including special teams i.e. washington), and as a fan, I sincerely appreciate that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

lets see, everyone says the patroits need recevers.  oh, i know know lets release 2 who caught over 170 passes last year, that will help our offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to candre99's comment:

lets see, everyone says the patroits need recevers.  oh, i know know lets release 2 who caught over 170 passes last year, that will help our offense.

they caught over 170 balls but how many rings they have?hummmmm

ZERO!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

With all due respect, have you seen our offense in the playoffs the past few years?  It needs to be revamped.  In the regular season, they break records, pile on stats, humiliate opponenets, etc. and then when the playoffs come along they repeatedly score in the teens.  Unacceptable.

I'm not saying the Defense doesn't need to be revamped, but with the immense amount of young talent coupled with an infusion of a few veteran FA signings, I think the defense is looking up.  As for the offense, the jury will be out in next year's playoffs.

I think BB is addressing both sides of the ball(including special teams i.e. washington), and as a fan, I sincerely appreciate that.

Mob - this was exactly what the colts would do.  Kill most Reg Season teams then run into pats and be shut down.  the patriots are exhibiting exactly the same kind tendencies.  The difference is that in many of these situations, the pats defense has actually held up fairly well.  Certainly your defense needs work (its not the pats of 2001-2007, but then again that was an extraordinary run of personnel) but by NFL standards its operating at or above the median.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Now 75 catches for 1,000 yards and a few td's as the 4rth option is a bust, and we "went cheap" I can't figure you people out. 

Me neither man, this guy had a good to great season for a 4th option. 70 catches on this offense is absolute quality. The problem is he wasn't what peopel expected, he was supposed to be a burner and stretch the field. He's never ever been that sort of player so I don't know where that perception came from 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The point is, they cut him.  It's another half solution.  Sure, Lloyd contributed a decent amount last year.  He was better on the outside than Branch the year before.  But it would still be nice to get someone at receiver who wasn't just one year filler.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

The point is, they cut him.  It's another half solution.  Sure, Lloyd contributed a decent amount last year.  He was better on the outside than Branch the year before.  But it would still be nice to get someone at receiver who wasn't just one year filler.  

i agree. +1....lloyd was good, but i think they can do better, at least i hope they can. im not going to say he was a bust here though because 70 catches speaks for itself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think the pats grab sanders and draft a WR early this year to compete on the outside. Several big wr's  in this years draft fit the bill. if we went into the season with amendola, sanders, Hopkins/Patterson, and Jones, I would be excited. That is an electric group. Maybe even Bring stallworth in at vet min for a year Or resign Edelman. That is a better receiving corps than we had last year. Couple that with Gronk, Hern Ballard healthy , and an expanded role for Vereen with Washington returning kicks and picking up some spot duty on 3rd Down, and I put that offense against any in the nfl. Diversity, explosion, run, pass out of many different personnel groupings..there wouldn't be as a dynamic offense in the nfl. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Lloyd had 70 receptions in main part because Gronk and Hern missed some serious time. If they wre healthy all year, I think his reception total is around 45 or so.

Sections
Shortcuts