Patriots wins for 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Patriots wins for 2012

What do you guys think? how many wins will the Pats get this year? Do you see that at 12-4, 13-3, 14-2, or what.

Stake your claims below

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Patriots wins for 2012

To early for 2012 predictions but they probably win 10 plus games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

why is it to early? We can think ahead can't we?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

You forgot 16-0 and three playoff wins!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

lil early before the draft

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

with this roster put together the way it is now.....this is realistically a 12-4 team.....if they improve some key spots with the draft, that may change

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots wins for 2012:
    [QUOTE]why is it to early? We can think ahead can't we?
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

How about it's early because no one knows who will be on the team?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

bump

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

ok so what if its early. Nothing to make a big deal about. If you don't like it don't comment on it. Simple as that.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

too early we have no clue what the team will look like but north of ten wins is a given barring major injury issues and playoffs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'll go with 14-2. 

It's an awesome team.  It has been an awesome team for years.  To pick 14-2, you need a chance that if things break right the team can go 16-0.  Usually something or other breaks wrong, but not always.

The Pats play in a surprisingly weak division.  Miami has to lay in a new playbook.  The New York Jets recently dove into a hornet's nest when at least one of their players didn't feel like winning the final game and making the playoffs.  Buffalo had some "Happy New Year" player motivation issues of its own.  The three teams haven't got one real quarterback between them.

As usual, the team has salted away some pretty good draft picks going into the draft.

The ten or so free agent signings have not disappointed me.  The Patriots save their cap money for crucial players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I''ll agree with you Paul_k

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

16-0, Win Super Bowl

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Why no SB option? You have them exiting the tournament a loser no matter what? Wazzup with that? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

14-2 with 3 playoff wins

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

13-3, super bowl victory

Home: 49ers W , Bills W , Cardinals W , Colts W , Dolphins W , Jets W , Texans W , Broncos L

Away: Bills L , Dolphins W , Jaguars W , Jets W , Rams W , Seahawks W , Titans W, Ravens L

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

16 + 2 + 15/16 + luck

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Home games: 49ers (could go either way), Bills (win), Cardinals (win), Colts (win), Dolphins(win), Jets(win), Texans(could go either way), Broncos (win).

Away games: Bills(could go either way), Dolphins(win), Jaguars(win), Jets(win), Rams(win), Seahawks(win), Titans(win), Ravens (could go either way)

that means 12-4 to 14-2

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Right now going with 13-14 wins next season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

The draft is still a few weeks away and they more than likely will pick up another quality player or two through FA or cuts but I'll guess 15-1 and a Super Bowl. Belichick has set it up perfectly for this, improving a 13 win team from last year. Unless they have some major injuries they get much better. The defense in particular, the younger players have another year under their belts and the draft should strengthen it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]13-3, super bowl victory Home:   49ers W , Bills W , Cardinals W , Colts W , Dolphins W , Jets W , Texans W , Broncos  L Away:   Bills L , Dolphins W , Jaguars W , Jets W , Rams W , Seahawks W , Titans W, Ravens L
    Posted by p-dogg81[/QUOTE]

HERESY! Or is it hearsay? A loss to Manning here? In Foxboro? NO... NOOOOOOOO.

It is hard to go game by game without the benefit of the draft and preseason. But to take a shot I said 14-2 and I believe a SB birth and a good chance at winning it this year if the team is relatively healthy. There will always be injuries by then.

I think 14-2 because they are already(!) a better team than last year and they have not even drafted yet. They also went 14-2 the year before and they are WAY ahead of where they were back then.

It is hard to be specific with individual games right now but I really do not thin think they lose at home to Denver and Manning. Denver is a good team, especially with Manning. But I do not think Manning has the weapons he had with the Colts. at least not yet. And while I expect they will be a very good team with Manning I expect this D to take a step forward *maybe two but let's just say one for now) and the O to take a step forward in the running game and with Lloyd in the passing game. And Fells will add value to both running and passing game in his packages.

When I look at where all the other teams are I favor the Pats on paper in every game. I just think they are looking to be the better team with the most reliable QB (in spite of his handful of poor critical passes in the last two playoff games) and the better coach. And a team whose core got to the SB and will be hungry to get back and win.

The tough games do appear to be the 49ers, Bills, Broncos and Ravens. The 49ers are the most complete team on the schedule but on paper I think we are better and it is a home game and the 49ers travel far for it.

The Broncos are next toughest because of Manning but this is also a home game and I think we take them down. We played them twice last year so BB knows most of the core players they have, especially their D. And we know Manning as well as anyone. I think the step forward by D will make a difference in that game in helping keep Manning from getting out of hand. And the O will do what it takes. TB will be key and will rise to the day. So will others on O.

The Ravens are of course tough. But their key players KEEP getting older. It seems every year we say that. But Ray Lewis is not quite the formidable player he was. Now he is just good and can come up with a big play now and them. Not the force he was several years ago. Similar for Ed Reed. They still have them though and they are still good though not dominating the way they were. And Ngata is a force. They will have a good D if not a great one. But their O remains decent but not really good and certainly not great. Lee Evans looked like a key pick up last year but he didn't pan out and he is gone. They still need someone out there. And Flacco is not as bad as some say but he is too inconsistent SO FAR. A tough game but hard to pick the Ravens.

The Bills are simply not as good as the Pats. But they showed some play early last year and if healthy and with the new players maybe stepping up. So a team to be careful about. Certainly not a team the Pats will underestimate this year.

So it is hard to pick anyone beating the Pats in any ONE game. But the truth is it is unlikely they will run the board. 14-2 just seems like a far more likely record than 16-0 or 15-1. And frankly 13-3 or 12-4 are real possibilities. But for now I saw 14-2. If they end up getting 1 to 3 players in the draft that make an impact and if they are relatively healthy AND if they are hungry they MIGHT make a run at 16-0. But doing it is just not a likely thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

With the draft over, I stick by my ealrier rediction 16-0 and win SB

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I think you could make a very strong argument that this years squad is materially better than the '10 and '11 teams..They're not great in a few spots, but every roster has some holes on it, and this team should have great depth.  There are so many variables that go into a season, but on paper (which is the best we can do in April) this looks like a 12-14 win team.  We'll see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I think you could make a very strong argument that this years squad is materially better than the '10 and '11 teams..They're not great in a few spots, but every roster has some holes on it, and this team should have great depth.  There are so many variables that go into a season, but on paper (which is the best we can do in April) this looks like a 12-14 win team.  We'll see.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

I think we just got a whole lot better

Sections
Shortcuts