Patriots Workout Pass Rusher Raheem Brock

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

Patriots Workout Pass Rusher Raheem Brock

He'd be an awesome fit in our new 4-3, as he racked up 9 sacks last year and really plays with a mean streak. He's a big postseason contributer too with 1.5 sacks in the playoffs in 2010.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Patriots Workout Pass Rusher Raheem Brock

first thought we aren't moving to a 43 base.

We have always had fluid systems with a number of sub packages but the 3 man front has been the predominant line (even last year they gave more 3 man fronts then any other front).

As for Brock I'd be more then interested. He showed ability last year but not enough to cost a ton. He has good size and can play 43 DE but he has the ability to play the elephant 34 LB which gives him flexibility in sub packages.

By bringing in Roth and Brock for looks it tells me they are keeping their sub-packages while maintaining their 34 base. Either Brock or Roth can set the edge in rushing downs as the elephant LB but then in sub-packages put their hands down as an extra DL. If they were moving to a 43 you'd see less flexible players being brought in (ie smaller OLB's or straight 43 rushing DE's that couldn't flex back to the elephant). But, since they have mainly brought in flex players it points to me that they are trying to maintain their high flex style with a large base front.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

It will be most interesting to see what the latest BB version of the 4-3 looks like when the regular season is in full swing.  Although there are clearly a number of 'ifs' there's a lot of promise there as well.

With respect to Brock, if they do sign him most likely a 2 year deal tops; he's 33.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I would def. kick the tires....although I dont know if its a forgone conclusion we are a 4-3 team now, but Roth and Brock should be able to be signed as they shouldnt demand a ton of money...I would give Roth a 2 year deal and Brock a one year deal and let them play in sitauations to max their ability...  Its better than what we have now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

Brock totaled 10.5 sacks last year with Brandon Mebane the only other stud on their line. Imagine him in NE with Haynesworth and Fork on the line. Even as a mentor I'd love to see what he could teach Cunningham. Even if he could put up decent numbers while spreading his nastiness around the line.

Foxborough is the fountain of youth for these guys and he got arrested for a DUI this offseason and I think he wants to put the character tuff to rest here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

There was a June incident wherein I think the arrest was for failure to pay his tab in a club and giving the police a hard time when they spoke to him about it.  Not sure what disposition of it was.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

This is a player that fits the bill. Won't break the bank. He might not rack up the same amount of sacks but will pressure the QB and he's a veteran.

Sections
Shortcuts