Pats #1 Offense in the League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Pats #1 Offense in the League

#1 in points per drive
    #1 in TDs per drive
    #1 in DVOA (by 10%)
    #1 in Passing DVOA (by a whopping 19.2%)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Pats #1 Offense in the League

Good stuff MP. Go Pats!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

This is why we will win the Super Bowl.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I'm guessing this isn't going to change after the games on Sunday and Monday.  I think our coaching staff, in particular the quarterbacks coach, deserve a round of applause for putting the team in a position to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

We can't complain about the offense anymore.  Well, you can, but not without nitpicking and wanting every series to lead to a TD.  They are showing great balance, and each game features several players catching the ball.  Brady has a lot of weapons.  Loving it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

That being said you need to win all three phases of the game to win out, being the best offensive team didn't get them to the finish line first in 2007 when they had the best offense EVER!

That being said the offense has looked substantially better, more balanced and has shown more consistancy then earlier in the year.  The defense is good if not great and improving, when they bend without breaking consistantly they will be an elite unit.

I stated it in another thread that perhaps the reason we run less and play prevent defense more than we should is because runningbacks and defensive tackles are easy to injure and carry a high premium; finding a servicable D tackle late in the season will be impossible and when Ty Warren went down before the season began our depth took a huge hit.

It might all be part of the game plan, a game plan probably forged in 2007 when Bill went for the whole enchilada; stay healthy for the playoffs, regular season means nothing. 

If we power run in the playoffs, have a balanced O and win out in the playoffs then all this nitpicking will have been for not, if we come out as the pass happy team and get destroyed by a power running team good defensive team (ala Ravens last season, Giants 2007) then I will say we've made an obvious tactical error by trying to live off our strengths like Tommy's arm.  Not being able to run is differen't than choosing not to, we know we can run when we want to because teams have to respect Tom.  We wont know until playoff football arrives just who this team is...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Mighty is the best poster on this website.  Seriously. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Pats #1 Offense in the League:
    That being said you need to win all three phases of the game to win out, being the best offensive team didn't get them to the finish line first in 2007 when they had the best offense EVER! That being said the offense has looked substantially better, more balanced and has shown more consistancy then earlier in the year.  The defense is good if not great and improving, when they bend without breaking consistantly they will be an elite unit. I stated it in another thread that perhaps the reason we run less and play prevent defense more than we should is because runningbacks and defensive tackles are easy to injure and carry a high premium; finding a servicable D tackle late in the season will be impossible and when Ty Warren went down before the season began our depth took a huge hit. It might all be part of the game plan, a game plan probably forged in 2007 when Bill went for the whole enchilada; stay healthy for the playoffs, regular season means nothing.  If we power run in the playoffs, have a balanced O and win out in the playoffs then all this nitpicking will have been for not, if we come out as the pass happy team and get destroyed by a power running team good defensive team (ala Ravens last season, Giants 2007) then I will say we've made an obvious tactical error by trying to live off our strengths like Tommy's arm.  Not being able to run is differen't than choosing not to, we know we can run when we want to because teams have to respect Tom.  We wont know until playoff football arrives just who this team is...
    Posted by wozzy

True.  Good post. I would not put it past BB to be holding back to not show patterns on O or D, for that matter.

Seems less likely on D since it's so young, but I swear he toys during the games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Mighty is the best poster on this website.  Seriously. 
    Posted by l52094

Yeah, his 5 word sentences are fantastic. He's superb art articulating a point. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Pats #1 Offense in the League : Kneel before O'Brien.  Kneel!!!
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Now you are just messing with people.

That is funny though. Your avatar makes it seem like Willie Mac is telling someone to kneel before O'Brien. LOL.

If Willie told me that, I would obey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

This is why we will win the Super Bowl.
    Posted by Tcal2

I beleive we can win it

Sections
Shortcuts